Unofficial Server Babies Dying.

ArenaSky

27 minutes ago, ArenaSky said:

We are running clustered servers and we are having issues with babies starving to death and dying. 

They will pop out and die before they hit juvi and sometimes still die in juvi or adolescent stage.

We have breeding and maturing set to 5x.

Can someone please help me troubleshoot why our babies are dying?

you have to put food in their inventory when they're babies.

Just now, invincibleqc said:

I'm not sure why this happens, as I do not have any issues with babies on the cluster I host but you could try to play with the BabyFoodConsumptionSpeedMultiplier option.

So we just changed that to 5x to match the baby maturation and it seems to have fixed the issue. I watched the HP and Food. What happens is food goes down to 0 and HP goes down and they both get "stuck" (food is at 0 and hp gets stuck at like 17), then all of a sudden it eats and HP jumps down to like 6 and food goes up. The babies hp slowly increases, its like the ticks are glitchy or something. I hope that makes sense..... xD

Just now, invincibleqc said:

Being a multiplier, this is the opposite.  If you want babies to eat 5 times less food than normal, then you have to set that option to 0.2. Setting it to 5 will make them eat 5 times more food.

We were testing this with jerboa's we thought that because maturation was set to 5x that they are growing too fast but not eating fast enough resulting to death? Am i wrong on this?

• 2 weeks later...

There are multiple problems with babies.

One of the problems is as you described, they are not eating for extended periods of time. You can force feed them. The issue is more obvious the higher your baby food consumption setting is.

The other problem is babies dying after getting out of stasis. I am not 100% sure why. But it seems if babys are in stasis (no one is around), they will consume more food if they go out of stasis as adults. It's like the food consumption calculation does not take into account that the baby became in adult while in stasis and counts the whole time until going out of stasis as time for baby food consumption. So always put way more food in your troughs, than you need.

I'm sorry, I just wanted to piggy back on this thread. I run a server that's also interested in cranking our Maturation and Breeding up to 3X or 5X... With those setting what other settings to I have to adjust to allow it to function correctly?

For instance, if I have 5X or 3X Maturation, what would my Imprint setting have to be at to still allow 100% Imprints?

Archived