Is there any way to reset a breeding timer?

girlygirlgamer322

Dragon_sissiy
Nov 21, 2015, 5:19 PM

This HAS to go under Game.ini not GameUserSettings.ini. 

MatingIntervalMultiplier=1.0
"Higher number increases (on a percentage scale) interval between which dinosaurs can mate Example: MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.5 would allow dinosaurs to mate 50% sooner"

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

Dragon_sissiy
Nov 21, 2015, 5:19 PM

This HAS to go under Game.ini not GameUserSettings.ini. 

MatingIntervalMultiplier=1.0
"Higher number increases (on a percentage scale) interval between which dinosaurs can mate Example: MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.5 would allow dinosaurs to mate 50% sooner"

The problem is my dino is already ated and on a 14 hour cooldown. I want a way to reset her cooldown.

I read this suggestion on the steam community forums

Put inifinitestats on yourself to ensure that you don't accidentally die of starvation or thirst, then use Slomo 20 to speed up time and go do something else for an hour or so as time speeds up, then when you get back use slomo 1 to put time back to normal.

15 hours ago, girlygirlgamer322 said:

I play single player, so game time doesn't pass when I'm not playing. I accidentally mated a dinosaur without adjusting mating interval, now I have to wait 14 hours (of gametime) to breed her again....is there any cheat/way to reset this? :(

Make a backup of your current progress if you do not already:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved < folder of the map you are on (example ragnarock, copy, paste a new one.)

After that you can adjust the game time frames, you back up in-case something magical happens and you get issues, at least your progress is saved and you have have peace of mind knowing nothing is lost.

^ So backup, adjust mating time frames, probably have to do some ini work so backup the original, for me idc to imprint so for me its, birthed quick, raised quick, so i don't sit there for months. (don't have that kind of time anymore, also single player..)

Hope it works.

• 3 months later...
Guest BubbaCrawfish
On 2/24/2019 at 8:31 PM, JustinRausch said:

Any one able to help?

I'd check what dino is producing that time against Smart Breeding... I think you may have set the wrong setting, or mis-spelt the config tag.

• 4 months later...

you could try setting mating interval to 0.0001 as i believe that is as low as it will go this should reduce it to a maximum of around 5 mins or so depending on the dino the fastest i had mine mating was around 3 seconds after either laying an egg or giving birth.

as well as upload it into an oblisk as that will restes to the 0.0001 mating timer ( for my yuty which had a 12day 11 hour 56 min timer was reduced to about 3 seconds lol)

Archived