Gas Collectors

Dasham86

5 minutes ago, Dasham86 said:

That is the original reason for this post.  So I can find out.  I have gone around and made sure everything that every tribe I am in is unlocked to prevent us from getting wiped.

Yeah I'm not going to stress over locked gas collectors, or any other item that is auto locked as soon as you place it.  That is an intended mechanic of an item in game and is ultimately the devs fault if they didn't intend them to be that way.  However, GMs can do basically whatever they want and the most the player base could do would be open a ticket to appeal. -- Not that I see an appeal actually working, but who knows.

1 hour ago, wi110w said:

Yeah I'm not going to stress over locked gas collectors, or any other item that is auto locked as soon as you place it.  That is an intended mechanic of an item in game and is ultimately the devs fault if they didn't intend them to be that way.  However, GMs can do basically whatever they want and the most the player base could do would be open a ticket to appeal. -- Not that I see an appeal actually working, but who knows.

this is just another 100% fake news and click bait thread.... how can you be banned by placing a gas colector, it is locked by default on PVE... if you feel suspect of being banned is because you are going further trying to limit the access to a GAS VAIN, you can place the pump even if there are enemy pillars next to... is like oil pumps on SE, you cannot prevent other players to place pumps by placing pillars only, need cover the entire vains with a box... thats deserve a ban for sure, some people just dont understand that officials PVE are PUBLIC servers.... thats means not to enclose high resources looking only for your own benefits.

5 hours ago, flamron said:

GetJacked didn’t get a “reason code”. Not sure there would be one in this case either. Assuming it’s true that is. Which I’m not sold either way. The GM’s have done some truly dumb stuff along the way. 

It is true, they don't always leave a reason because they either don't know the command (because they are not properly trained) or are in a rush/don't care

Also when structures are dev wiped they tend to not show up in the log anyway.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:01 PM, SpCowboy said:

this is just another 100% fake news and click bait thread.... how can you be banned by placing a gas colector, it is locked by default on PVE... if you feel suspect of being banned is because you are going further trying to limit the access to a GAS VAIN, you can place the pump even if there are enemy pillars next to... is like oil pumps on SE, you cannot prevent other players to place pumps by placing pillars only, need cover the entire vains with a box... thats deserve a ban for sure, some people just dont understand that officials PVE are PUBLIC servers.... thats means not to enclose high resources looking only for your own benefits.

As posted in my original one.  I have heard of being being wiped for it.  Which is why I created the thread.  To find out for sure.  If you do not like the thread.  Then do not read it.

8 minutes ago, Dasham86 said:

As posted in my original one.  I have heard of being being wiped for it.  Which is why I created the thread.  To find out for sure.  If you do not like the thread.  Then do not read it.

With the respect that deserve... This is a public and official forum:

1 You cant place pillars here, I can post next to yours...
2 I will give my opinion when ever I want if I dont violate the terms...
3 Do not spread rummors...
4 Have a nice day

Just now, SpCowboy said:

With all the repect... This is a public and official forums:

1 You cant place pillars here, I can post next to yours...
2 I will give my opinion when ever I want if I dont violate the terms...
3 Do not spread rummors...
4 Have a nice day

Not spreading rumors.  Once again.  The was a fact finding post.  Trying to find out if what I heard is true.

On 10/30/2018 at 8:35 AM, wi110w said:

I'd be willing to bet that it was charge nodes and that the OP's ally was exaggerating about gas collectors.  I know this went out on one official abberation server early this morning.

24QViQN.png

Early this morning.... o.O  If I am not wrong, this cropped screenshot popped on my discord like couple of weeks ago... LOL

34 minutes ago, wi110w said:

Could be a default message that a GM uses and has used multiple times?  I know the one above was from earlier in the day when I posted it.

I took the time to scroll down all the my discord.. this exact same image was brought by @d3vious to my discord a exactly a month ago , he can tell you where he took from.

Yea if they didn't want people locking them they shouldn't allow them to do so, if the gm demoing them for locked collectors is true the gm is in the wrong. Speaking morally among players though it is understandable to have them locked for pvp considering you are fighting the broken game AND other players. Other than that though on pve it is generally looked down upon.

10 minutes ago, haloelite66 said:

Yea if they didn't want people locking them they shouldn't allow them to do so, if the gm demoing them for locked collectors is true the gm is in the wrong. Speaking morally among players though it is understandable to have them locked for pvp considering you are fighting the broken game AND other players. Other than that though on pve it is generally looked down upon.

We have a total of 8 Gas collectors on our Aberration server.  4 of them are locked and for tribe use only (cause we have some pretty nice hazmat gear and need it for repairs) and the other 4 are unlocked for others to use.  We also have 20 sap taps.  8 are locked for private collection only and the other 12 are unlocked for the server community.  I just didn't want to get wiped for something like that.  Which is why I did all I could do in order to find out if my (now former) ally was giving out truth or not.

Archived