Gas Collectors

Dasham86

So I had someone in one of the discords I am in say something about a tribe being dev wiped due to gas collectors being locked.  Not completely blocked in.  Just the collectors themselves being locked.  Can anyone verify if this is true?   Cause if so that is completely wrong.  That is just like saying if someone has an oil pump on SE being locked they get banned.

Once again.  This is just for the collector being locked.  NOT blocked off.

1 hour ago, Dasham86 said:

So I had someone in one of the discords I am in say something about a tribe being dev wiped due to gas collectors being locked.  Not completely blocked in.  Just the collectors themselves being locked.  Can anyone verify if this is true?   Cause if so that is completely wrong.  That is just like saying if someone has an oil pump on SE being locked they get banned.

Sounds reasonable. It is Wildcard after all. 

The pumps are lockable. I lock mine and pincode for others to use. But only to folks I play with. Not sharing the pin with anyone else on server. They can get and find their own...

On 10/25/2018 at 7:57 AM, Dasham86 said:

I have heard about this recently but have not had direct experience of this happening. If this is the case, they should have just put indestructible gas collectors for everyone to use like the charge nodes.

I only ever place a pillar by the gas pump to prevent people from enclosing it in. My tribes gas collectors should be unlocked for all to use on the server as well.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:48 PM, SneakyPrime1993 said:

It’s people using a scare tactic trying to bully you.   If ya ur gas collector is on a node you have every right to block it in.  It had your name on it so therefore it is your gas collector. 

No I firmly believe if you block the gas collector then that is bannable.  I am talking about Locked collectors.  As stated in my original post.

Are you saying blocked in as in built around or locked as in your gas collector is on it and just locked so only you can use it.     If it’s completly built around blocking it off with doors and walls etc. then yes I believe this is banable although idk how often it happens.   But if it’s just locked then no it’s not banable   It’s a game machanic you can lock or unlock gas collectors. Oil wells.  Water wells and sap collectors as you see fit it’s a game mechanic. 

8 hours ago, SneakyPrime1993 said:

Are you saying blocked in as in built around or locked as in your gas collector is on it and just locked so only you can use it.     If it’s completly built around blocking it off with doors and walls etc. then yes I believe this is banable although idk how often it happens.   But if it’s just locked then no it’s not banable   It’s a game machanic you can lock or unlock gas collectors. Oil wells.  Water wells and sap collectors as you see fit it’s a game mechanic. 

If you had read, its locked gas collectors, don't matter if its surrounded. And yes, Devs are trying to wipe whoever locks their gas collector, which is utterly stupid.

3 hours ago, Vaculity said:

If you had read, its locked gas collectors, don't matter if its surrounded. And yes, Devs are trying to wipe whoever locks their gas collector, which is utterly stupid.

Then they need to go around to every island server and every Rag server and every Ab server and wipe all the people with locked sap taps.  That is the same exact thing.  When you drop them.  They are locked.  They also need to wipe people with locked oil pumps on SE and Rag.   Why try to enforce one thing when everything else is the SAME exact thing?

On 10/25/2018 at 7:57 AM, Dasham86 said:

Did your source show you tribe logs of this?  I seriously doubt a tribe would be wiped for simply having locked gas collectors.

1 minute ago, wi110w said:

Did your source show you tribe logs of this?  I seriously doubt a tribe would be wiped for simply having locked gas collectors.

Unless the Scout/DEV has the ability to notate IN the tribe logs the reasoning behind the tribe wipe - I'm not sure what good the tribe logs would be.
I've never seen or heard about such notations able to be done or not able to be done. It'd be (sort of) nice to see the logs and know WHY it happened. (aka: have proof)
If the tribe logs notate every item destroyed - the list only scrolls so far. 
It's the tribe logs only show "Dev XXXXX Wiped all structures & dinos for: XXXXX reason" - that would be devastating to see but good to know.

2 minutes ago, PreshusRoze said:

Unless the Scout/DEV has the ability to notate IN the tribe logs the reasoning behind the tribe wipe - I'm not sure what good the tribe logs would be.
I've never seen or heard about such notations able to be done or not able to be done. It'd be (sort of) nice to see the logs and know WHY it happened. (aka: have proof)
If the tribe logs notate every item destroyed - the list only scrolls so far. 
It's the tribe logs only show "Dev XXXXX Wiped all structures & dinos for: XXXXX reason" - that would be devastating to see but good to know.

Yes a GM can add a "reason" for wiping structures in the tribe log.  I have seen this in the past for people who have enclosed charge nodes.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

wi110w is right; admins can add messages to any tribe's logs with the following command:

admincheat tribemessage <tribe id> <message>

I would have to assume (since I have not played private server before) that the same AdminCheat codes used on private servers are what can be used by Devs/Scouts  to do the same thing on official servers..??

Archived