Rock golem question

Bellard

Only hit them in the head, hits on the body will deal a lot more damage and you'll kill them. Also if you use a cannon, cannon balls will hit twice (head -> body), meaning that the last hit will knock it out and THEN hit it again, messing with effectiveness. To avoid that, aim from below, possibly ground level. You will still hit its head, but the cannon ball will not hit twice. A Quetz with a platform build similar to that will help:

golemtameq.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

if your going to solo tame it i would build a trap. build it out of metal if u can

i would place the cannon about 8 to 10 foundations away and 3 ceilings high but u can also use the paracer platform saddle method

takes about 8 head shots to ko it, maybe 12 to 15 for high lvl golems

i know people say u cant use sulfur for what ever reason but u can

• 3 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

I assume rocket launchers won't work then? I am tempted to tame them as well (without kibble though. I don't think there are any tamable mantis in extinction anyways .. unless I am wrong, and even then you still need to find corrupt deathworm for its horn) just to piss the wandering ground corrupts off

Rocket Launchers works. And will give you better effectiveness than cannon (due to the ball splash damage being applied after the torpor), but there is more risk to kill it since the rockets deals less torpor and thus will deal more damage to knock it out. I would not recommend rockets for < 125.

On 11/26/2018 at 11:46 AM, invincibleqc said:

Rocket Launchers works. And will give you better effectiveness than cannon (due to the ball splash damage being applied after the torpor), but there is more risk to kill it since the rockets deals less torpor and thus will deal more damage to knock it out. I would not recommend rockets for < 125.

how much torpor gives rocket launchers? maybe for last couple hits its posible because catapult is a bad idea...

also i did read that rocketlaunchar thosent work and already killed lvl 90 with it XD

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, raro007 said:

how much torpor gives rocket launchers? maybe for last couple hits its posible because catapult is a bad idea...

also i did read that rocketlaunchar thosent work and already killed lvl 90 with it XD

Rocket Launchers works. People just have bad aim and are missing the head dealing no torpor and full damage. ?

I recorded a clip earlier this year debunking these rumours but the thread has been deleted as it was in the PC bug reports section. Still have the video itself on my youtube:

Spoiler

• 2 months later...

First of all tame yourself a bunch of female mantis and one male of course so you can stock up on eggs.  You will need to hunt deathworms in the desert. Once you kill a deathworm they will drop a horn that you use to tame a mantis. In order to tame a mantis you will need a full set of ghillie armor and bug repellent to stay hidden while feeding them. They are a passive tame after all.  Wait til 2x on the weekend because rock golems require lots of kibble to tame without the 2x bonus. Look on youtube for a nice trap build or even search your SE server and see how other tribes are using their traps to get a general idea on how to build yours. Good luck and may the force be with you ?

well first u need to tame a bunch of female and male mantis so u can get the kibble for a lvl 150 lets say  and then u need just a trap for it and the trap u can find a lot of them on youtube and use a cannon whit cannon balls is much better for the golem and for ur taming experience and u just need a dinos in front of the golem to agro on and then u shoot it in the head whit the cannon balls and it will be knocked out in no time and u will need aproximatly 10 cannonballs and 32-34 kibble.

Archived