Kibble system: dino replacement.

Tiguris

So i was watching the stream yesterday for the Extinction release and started thinking about the Kibble system. I'm not sure if this was already mentioned, if it was oh well.

So dinosaurs being egg layers that they are would have nests. Why not make static spawn points for all dinos who lay eggs to have a  nest spawn point with guaranteed unfertilized eggs in them?

Examples would be, argies and ptero's have nests on mountains. Raptors have nests in the brush and so on. I know this would be a little less ideal for ppl to have to leave their bases to get eggs. But if you make the nests a 100% drop and quick respawn it would solve the problems. It could possibly take away from the immersion of the game but at this point i think its better to fix a broken system and lose a little immersion over mass lag and server caps.

I would aggree, but how hard would it be to put a set number of eggs in the nest at any give time. Like just say depending on the size of the dino. So a argy would have multiple eggs in the nest at one time where a bronto would only have 1. And like i said just increase the repawn timer.  Gathering 50 eggs of any kind should take some time maybe not weeks or even days but lets be honest if you know there are nests that always have eggs in them i would hit them up every chance i get. So my stockpile of eggs would be abundant anyway. As far as ppl just hoarding dino's that is another problem that will never go away. Especially when you have ppl that collect dinos for colors and treat them as trophies for others to see.

3 hours ago, Tiguris said:

Especially when you have ppl that collect dinos for colors and treat them as trophies for others to see.

Omfg those people who collect colored dinos are my tribemates. I dread new color events and the 20 new "special color" dinos that occupy space around base after they go out on a taming spree. I'm for ANY solution that aims to fix this dino hoarding behaviour.

I like this idea! Maybe the nests would be harvestable by an oviraptor for extra eggs. And yes they should be "paired" with the animals the same way wyverns are. An egg and an animal would spawn together, and stealing them by hand would agro them, but not with an ovi.

(This just got me thinking... can an oviraptor steal wyvern eggs??)

I had a similar thought however it was more like penguins. The kaikuro mate, lay eggs and mature naturally. I think that it would be great to have it kinda like allo packs. If two animals of the opposite gender met they would form a "pack" where they would construct a nest, lay an egg and protect it. It'd be even cooler if one parent would guard the egg while another would collect food for the baby ^^ And after some time the bay would mature and work as any other AI

Also on the thought of breeding the devs should really make it so that animals don't walk away from each other when breeding and on wander. It just seems stupid. Especially if you think about it too much... owO 

Peace,

-Cap

Archived