Small question on xbox version of ark.

DarkXDevil

I originally quit ark due to all of my friends having some kind of impairment and the super low FPS on the Xbox version making them hate it due to them being in constant pain. I really like ark and my friends are in the boat and were all looking for a new game to play so my question is the screen tearing and low fps ( not caused by over spawning fish ) still here?

On 10/24/2018 at 5:16 AM, DarkXDevil said:

I originally quit ark due to all of my friends having some kind of impairment and the super low FPS on the Xbox version making them hate it due to them being in constant pain. I really like ark and my friends are in the boat and were all looking for a new game to play so my question is the screen tearing and low fps ( not caused by over spawning fish ) still here?

The Island, Scorched Earth, and Abberation: When it comes to performance these three maps are probably the most stable out of the 5 currently available on xbox

Center: Haven't played on the Center since Legacy so I'm not sure how the map performs

Ragnarok: Fun until Tribes build up to a decent size and then the server lags quite a bit (When someone joins our server we get a 45-60 second lag spike.)

On a Xbox One or Xbox One S you probably average between 20-30 fps. An Xbox One X will average between 30-40 fps on performance mode. Keep in mind that the bigger you build up and the more tames you get the game will start to perform worse. A few things to fix that is to either turn off floating names in the menu or turning off names in the radial menu that pops up when you hold the back/select button. If you are in a mega sized tribe with hundreds of tames you can completely turn off your HUD for even more performance gains.

***Personal Performance Experience
All this being said an Xbox One X, while not making the game look stunning, increases the overall stability of the game. I main an Official PvP Rag server, and prior to getting an Xbox One X, my game would crash/black screen while just moving around in our base due to the amount of structures and tames. This would happen even if I turned Floating Names off and disabled my HUD. Since upgrading to an One X I haven't had this issue once.

Archived