Cant find anyone social or even nice

TwoDarkMoons

Every server I join pvp/pve (xbox) no one will respond to me.. like come on level 2 trying to actually enjoy this game with other people and they all ignore me, and when I see someone I walk over (no clothes or any weapons) and they would rather kill me over n over even if there is no motive.. kinda sick of it.. want to actually join someone and have fun not deal with a bunch of griefers

31 minutes ago, TwoDarkMoons said:

Every server I join pvp/pve (xbox) no one will respond to me.. like come on level 2 trying to actually enjoy this game with other people and they all ignore me, and when I see someone I walk over (no clothes or any weapons) and they would rather kill me over n over even if there is no motive.. kinda sick of it.. want to actually join someone and have fun not deal with a bunch of griefers

I'll take you in but it's a pvp server. I'm not gonna grief you I'll teach you how to play. What's your GT? I can get you 30 quick levels on a island server

OP

The problem is (talking from a PVE stand point) nearly every day a new player joins the server, says “Im new” and either asks for help or for dinos or sometimes asks for nothing at all.

What you need to understand is that you aren’t the first new player they’ve seen, you’re one of a long list of new players joining that the vets have seen everyday for years. Many of these new players stick around for a day, a week or month then disappear – if they’ve asked for help and received it, then all the gear/ dinos they’ve received was for nothing.

Im quite a new player myself and I've seen this happen more times than I can count.

My advice is this – when you join a server, always say hello when you log on. Join in open chat when it is truly aimed at everyone. Then get your head down and build a base and get settled. Ask for advice in global if you need it and whatever you do, don’t moan about the tame cap or that it’s not fair that you can’t get one dino when you’ve seen a base with hundreds in – it’s a sure fire way to annoy people.

Once you’ve stuck around for a while people will see that you’re not a “one week wonder” and will be more likely to help you out with material items.

There’s nothing more likely to alienate a new player than repeatedly spamming chat with “Im new, I need help” – to many people it reads as “Im new, I cant be bothered to read the forums to learn how to play and I want others to do things for me”

Also don’t spam chat with  “can I join your tribe/ a tribe/ any tribe” – many of the vets have spent years building up what they have and quite like things they way they are.

Im not saying you’re doing any of this, but just offering some general advice.

Thanks heaps for the advice Ryan and Thank you for responding! 

My GT is TwoDarkMoons I have a mic n I'm Aussie!

I dont mind if anyone adds me just sick of playing with no one.. I know how good ark is playing with other people, I usually play singleplayer and have completely finished the island, well to beta anyways

Edit: also I prefer pvp cuz of the fear factor that you can get raided so you gotta think more strategic

A huge reason why you dont see ppl post in global especially on pvp I'd because as a rule, generally tribes dont just strike up a convo with random new ppl on the server and stick to their own tribe chat. This is because trolling on pvp is fairly common and posting in global is a good way to get attacked if you do so

11 hours ago, Ryan220 said:

OP

The problem is (talking from a PVE stand point) nearly every day a new player joins the server, says “Im new” and either asks for help or for dinos or sometimes asks for nothing at all.

What you need to understand is that you aren’t the first new player they’ve seen, you’re one of a long list of new players joining that the vets have seen everyday for years. Many of these new players stick around for a day, a week or month then disappear – if they’ve asked for help and received it, then all the gear/ dinos they’ve received was for nothing.

Im quite a new player myself and I've seen this happen more times than I can count.

My advice is this – when you join a server, always say hello when you log on. Join in open chat when it is truly aimed at everyone. Then get your head down and build a base and get settled. Ask for advice in global if you need it and whatever you do, don’t moan about the tame cap or that it’s not fair that you can’t get one dino when you’ve seen a base with hundreds in – it’s a sure fire way to annoy people.

Once you’ve stuck around for a while people will see that you’re not a “one week wonder” and will be more likely to help you out with material items.

There’s nothing more likely to alienate a new player than repeatedly spamming chat with “Im new, I need help” – to many people it reads as “Im new, I cant be bothered to read the forums to learn how to play and I want others to do things for me”

Also don’t spam chat with  “can I join your tribe/ a tribe/ any tribe” – many of the vets have spent years building up what they have and quite like things they way they are.

Im not saying you’re doing any of this, but just offering some general advice.

Thank you. This explains the PVE Vet mindset very well. You hit the nail on the head. 

Its never "oh neat! A new player!" More like: "Ah poop.. another person to take up tame cap and place buildings on precious spawns.."

I love how our little hobby is actually connected to some of the bleeding edge research being done in sociology. If you have 30min check out the link and play the game. It is pretty fun to see how this research directly relates to PVP. For those who don't want to click blind links it is a game developed as a way to demonstrate the pros/cons of trust through game theory.

https://ncase.me/trust/

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

Thank you. This explains the PVE Vet mindset very well. You hit the nail on the head. 

Its never "oh neat! A new player!" More like: "Ah poop.. another person to take up tame cap and place buildings on precious spawns.."

Kind of sums it up ?

I haven't played official PvE in a long time so don't tend to think of it in terms of tame cap or taking up building space, it's more the people who join and instantly demand to be let into a tribe or beg for dinos, especially on boosted servers when it's pretty easy to get stuff with a few hours work, I'm generally easy going and gladly help people who keep their heads down and aren't constantly demanding stuff, just been playing too long and have seen it 100's of times so just ignore them now

Also been stung a few times taking randoms in, one who was more or less brand new, we were mutton taming a rex and had left it to starve, I'd lost track of time and wasn't 100% sure it was starved but killed the sheep and put the meat in, went to about 90% so was just hanging around waiting for it to finish when the noob started punching it ?

And another with bad ocd, the food had to go in the second a tame went down, knocked a rex out close to some allos so told him to get them away first, I kited 2 towards some stegos, let them fight it out then finished them off, he took the other about 5 seconds away from the rex then shot back to put kibble in, the allo followed and bit him and the rex, he just couldn't get his head around starve taming, a few days later he "tidied up" and threw the best rex bp I've ever found away thinking it was junk

20 hours ago, Kawarriorking said:

I love how our little hobby is actually connected to some of the bleeding edge research being done in sociology. If you have 30min check out the link and play the game. It is pretty fun to see how this research directly relates to PVP. For those who don't want to click blind links it is a game developed as a way to demonstrate the pros/cons of trust through game theory.

https://ncase.me/trust/

i just spen half hour going through this. killed tme at work but was also very interesting and a bit of an eye opener

Archived