Guest chancho33015

Guest chancho33015

Today was an interesting day. In the Community crunch 154 Wild Card Team finally answered some real questions that are actually a big deal for the future of the franchise. 

The main news is the Cryopods. This new addition to the game play will help PVE in a mayor way. This is what they said:

"We think that Cryopods coming in Extinction should help with this problem directly. When a creature has been captured into a Cryopod, it does not count against the tame cap of the server. In addition, Cryopods can be kept forever in a Cryofridge with power, arming players with a powerful tool to work around the limitations of the cap."

With that being said, now the cap problems are over in a mayor way. Being able to store dinos and not have the dinos counting as part of the dino population while being store in the devise will allow PVE players to experience the servers once again as intended. No more waiting until cap disappears for taming or breeding. Also, it opens the game in a new way which is to build near your allies as now we will no longer need  big spaces to keep our creatures safe. 

However, it is good to note that one mayor factor that is important that it hasnt been discussed officially is how many dinos can be stored per cryopod. This is actually a very important piece of the information because if the pods can only carry 10 dinos per pods then you will still need to build a big unnecessary structures to fill them with pods.  Nevertheless, if each cryopod is able to store 100 dinos per devise this will be the best scenario as you will only need 5 per tribe to store every dino you can have!

It is important to keep in mind that this new mechanic will impact pvp in a very different manner. IF the structure is broken will the other tribe own your dinos? if the structure loses power will all dinos die? There are many factors we still dont know about this so it is a good idea to keep our heads cool just in case we get one of those sad surprises. 

Another thing revealed today was the Gasbag...which is funny lol

Other news revealed today was also the fact that this new DLC is not going to be focus in bodies of water...i think that is a good thing. This can allow maybe the option to wildcard to focus in a map that only focuses on water...like some type of atlantis...but that is just an idea for the future. There is plenty to grow in that area as ark's water world is empty and perhaps the weakest ecosystem in the game.

Wild card also mentioned today that the Tintans will be tamable...but that is not the interesting thing. They mention that you can experience them in all servers in a different way

"Our hope is that Titans bring a new type of PVE encounter to the game with in-world boss fights and interesting new mechanics that are interesting in themselves. Once tamed, Titans are very powerful. They can clear space and take down lots of dinos quickly making them good for area cleanup or meat runs. In addition, we’ve worked to make each of them fun to ride. I enjoy exploring the various maps on them for that reason."

....which begs the question... will they become permanent tames? and will they be transferable? i wonder if that is what they implied... "head scratching" 

Now with crypods on pve there is no reason to not have those dinos not as permanent tames... but like i keep repeating, pvp is a different beast...

Last but not least, corrupted creatures will have other behaviors than the dinos we have experienced so far. Apparently they are more aggressive and perhaps far more dangerous than what the normal none corrupted counterparts. This might be a good reason to perhaps tame this new class of dinos...

HOwever, if Ark Devs are ark devs these new corrupted dinos are just reskin dinos... I hope not...but... i mean tek dinos, right? lol

Well, i just wanted to summarize what i thought was interesting about today's latest development. I hope everyone has a wonderful day in ark.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@chancho33015 The biggest challenge with the Cryopods/Cryofridge, like everything else in this game, will be other tribes.

Just because there will now be a way to resolve the server cap issues, doesn’t mean people will suddenly take on board this critical new mechanic.

Despite the devs best intentions, I see the issue staying the same for quite some time as it will now be an easier way to hold whole servers at ransom because human nature has proved what people are really like when playing this game.

You think by playing PvE that people will be more compassionate except it can be the opposite and more toxic than PvP because you can’t just kill them for their actions (and no griefer wilfully accepts a tribe war request). Real diplomacy amongst the tribes on a server will need to be achieved if they wish to reduce its overall cap successfully.

The bigger tribes should even consider selling the Cryopods/Cryofridge to smaller tribes that can’t obtain them as easily to really get things into motion. Chris W (Dev) has confirmed here on Reddit that you don’t need to kill a boss for the Cryopods but unfortunately doesn’t mention the Cryofridge so it can only be assumed he means that aswell at this point.

The new dlc will help the pve because a lot of people will moove in there, but the cryopods wont. Its just easyer to make a box base with a transmitter and keep 500 dinos in there, feeding them one time in every week.

The people already said a lot of great idea how to prevent the cap, like regionlock, no character and dino transfer, no kibbles for imprinting.

When the people will be able to transfer dinos at the new map, the new servers will be capped in a week.

12 minutes ago, shoetrax said:

it may help the people who use up 500 dino slots on multyple servers just for storage, but for those that are into massive breeding for stats nothing will change. I'm personally looking forward to this, when I want to take a few weeks break from ark, I can freeze my dinos and come 1-2 times a week just to reset.

It will definitely help box tribes, and it will also be extremely helpful for people that want to go on vacation. God knows that the one week despawn on creatures is awful.

7 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Just because there will now be a way to resolve the server cap issues, doesn’t mean people will suddenly take on board this critical new mechanic.

Despite the devs best intentions, I see the issue staying the same for quite some time as it will now be an easier way to hold whole servers at ransom because human nature has proved what people are really like when playing this game.

This, many times.

Without resolving 1man-tribe-full-500-dino-limit and re-thinking kibble system the problem with server cap will persist. I'd say it'll even intensify because it'll become easier to precise-control server cap by freezing/unfreezing dinos.

10 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

The main news is the Cryopods. This new addition to the game play will help PVE in a mayor way. This is what they said:

"We think that Cryopods coming in Extinction should help with this problem directly. When a creature has been captured into a Cryopod, it does not count against the tame cap of the server. In addition, Cryopods can be kept forever in a Cryofridge with power, arming players with a powerful tool to work around the limitations of the cap."

With that being said, now the cap problems are over in a mayor way. Being able to store dinos and not have the dinos counting as part of the dino population while being store in the devise will allow PVE players to experience the servers once again as intended. No more waiting until cap disappears for taming or breeding. Also, it opens the game in a new way which is to build near your allies as now we will no longer need  big spaces to keep our creatures safe. 

Like, for real, seriously, I don't understand why are you on this train. It is clear you haven't given a serious thought about this. And I don't like it, because you are trying to spread "this solves the tame cap issue".
It does not.

Why do you think players would use the cryopods?

The only upside would be the lack of feeding.
And the downsides?
- Material cost if it's TEK tier.
- Most importantly: the dino cap itself. If you store your dinos in cryopod and the other players who cannot allow it or just decides not to use them flood the server with their dinos...you will never be able to unfreeze your dinos on that server ever again.

Guest chancho33015
13 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

@chancho33015 The biggest challenge with the Cryopods/Cryofridge, like everything else in this game, will be other tribes.

You think by playing PvE that people will be more compassionate except it can be the opposite and more toxic than PvP because you can’t just kill them for their actions (and no griefer wilfully accepts a tribe war request). Real diplomacy amongst the tribes on a server will need to be achieved if they wish to reduce its overall cap successfully.

The bigger tribes should even consider selling the Cryopods/Cryofridge to smaller tribes that can’t obtain them as easily to really get things into motion. Chris W (Dev) has confirmed here on Reddit that you don’t need to kill a boss for the Cryopods but unfortunately doesn’t mention the Cryofridge so it can only be assumed he means that aswell at this point.

Well everything you said i think is wrong. However, I read the post you put from Chris from wildcard and he only says that they cryopods are not unlocked by killing a boss(so they are not tek tier). 

Also, pve is toxic if you make it... if you are in a server where a tribe is being a @#$% you can solve that problem by not talking to them and just sending a ticket if they are abusing the server in any way. If you are in a toxic environment in pve is because you are part of that toxicity. So that argument is plain and simple wrong.

Not to mention selling cryopods is not a big deal as long as dinos are inside of them...sure...someone can have 10000 dinos...but if they decide to be a @#$% about it and just release all their dinos store i am sure that it will happen the same thing as when you merge 2 tribes with more than 500 dinos...which is that those dinos become unclaimable unless you kill them until you go under 500 dinos...so that problems is not really a problem.

Also, no one from  wildcard has mention anything about not being able to transfer cryopods with dinos inside...so...we dont know how that will work. I am pretty sure as with any DLC release of WC there will be some exploits and some errors in the game people will find...but that is unavoidable. I am pretty sure they have thought of the basic stuff on cryopods at least.

At leas on the amount they can store, how to power it, and if there is a timer for dinos inside(if any)...which by their last crunch they pretty much say they are meant to store dinos for a long time...so i am guessing as long as dinos are inside they will be off the dino count per server.

And by the way, the server that I was on has good people, and we are all thinking about allying to live closer...so...yah. once DLC comes i am coming to check it out. We are planning to build a community of allies that make a tiny city... so that gives me hope that ark is going in the right direction with this new addition. 

I know in pvp this will be a different matter since we dont know what happens if the cry chamber gets destroyed  but that is what people who play pvp signed up for...just a killing aspect/murdering of the game they enjoy playing lol But that is personal preference.   

Guest chancho33015
4 hours ago, ToXiN said:

Like, for real, seriously, I don't understand why are you on this train. It is clear you haven't given a serious thought about this. And I don't like it, because you are trying to spread "this solves the tame cap issue".
It does not.

Why do you think players would use the cryopods?

The only upside would be the lack of feeding.
And the downsides?
- Material cost if it's TEK tier.
- Most importantly: the dino cap itself. If you store your dinos in cryopod and the other players who cannot allow it or just decides not to use them flood the server with their dinos...you will never be able to unfreeze your dinos on that server ever again.

Is not tek tier...

so anyone can unlocked it by being high level enough...

Also by not needing to kill a boss it might not requiere element to run...but that hasnt been said officially. but none of the things that are placed on not killing bosses to unlock so far need element...so...i am guessing that cryopods will not necessarily need element to run.
So far they havent said that if you put dinos on cryopods dinos are not transferable...so i dont know where you read that... please put the link if its official...that sounds like a bad rumor.

Link to WC member Chris about this cryopod not being tek tier :

Guest chancho33015
11 hours ago, shoetrax said:

it may help the people who use up 500 dino slots on multyple servers just for storage, but for those that are into massive breeding for stats nothing will change. I'm personally looking forward to this, when I want to take a few weeks break from ark, I can freeze my dinos and come 1-2 times a week just to reset.

Why would anyone store dinos now in multiple servers when they can have all in one server? that sounds like a dumb thing to do... also extremelly exhausting to feed dinos in 4 servers...i used to do that...is the worst!

Also, for this massive breeders...which i used to be one of them for a time...hatching 100 rexes or more at a time...i would kill 90 after looking at stats then keep ten...so that is not a problem for server..., also, that has change...since now stats are OP in the main dinos people dont breed as much...on pve. i know pvp is a different beast...so that is a different story. 

the only thing that we dont know...is if cryopods can be transfer with dinos inside...i am guessing not possible...but... nothing has been officially said regarding that matter.

Some people are just toxic and will intention try to ruin the fun for everyone.

WC needs to lower the tribe tame cap to encourage/force use of cryopods. Hopefully,they will do this on the new servers and then adjust accordingly.

They also need to add a kibble farm structure that gives eggs (and poop) for stored dinos.

1 hour ago, chancho33015 said:

the only thing that we dont know...is if cryopods can be transfer with dinos inside...i am guessing not possible...but... nothing has been officially said regarding that matter.

if they are anything code-wise like bee hives then they wont be transferable, even less so if multiple dinos can be stored in one pod. I'm not even sure if you'll be able to pick up cryopods (most likely not), or what happens if they become unpowered...

There are too many questions and assumptions that it is better to wait and see once it is released...

Unless the cryopods collect eggs while the dino is stored. This may resolve very little. It is clear WC has done very little research in terms of what causes the tame cap. Yes, dino storage is one problem, but what is the point to have all of those dinos in the first place? I promise its not for the fun of server jumping to feed them, they are kept for eggs for kibble and unless eggs are stored while they are in cryopods, this will be a overlooked addition.

Some tribes will still try to hit tribe tame cap as fast as possible to ensure they have the slots if the server caps or to try and hold the server hostage with 500 dinos(not to mention the tribes doing this will have multiple tribes all allied to maximize their tame slots they can hold)

1 hour ago, chancho33015 said:

Why would anyone store dinos now in multiple servers when they can have all in one server? that sounds like a dumb thing to do... also extremelly exhausting to feed dinos in 4 servers...i used to do that...is the worst!

Also, for this massive breeders...which i used to be one of them for a time...hatching 100 rexes or more at a time...i would kill 90 after looking at stats then keep ten...so that is not a problem for server..., also, that has change...since now stats are OP in the main dinos people dont breed as much...on pve. i know pvp is a different beast...so that is a different story. 

I think you're overly optimistic about it.. i think ALL the new extinction engrams are going to be level 130+ to craft.

It isnt the biggest deal but its going to exclude a huge chunk of players (which I dont mind) but to say it will solve tame cap is naive.  It wont. There will still be players hoarding.. just because.

1 minute ago, Austin304 said:

Unless the cryopods collect eggs while the dino is stored. This may resolve very little. It is clear WC has done very little research in terms of what causes the tame cap. Yes, dino storage is one problem, but what is the point to have all of those dinos in the first place? I promise its not for the fun of server jumping to feed them, they are kept for eggs for kibble and unless eggs are stored while they are in cryopods, this will be a overlooked addition.

Some tribes will still try to hit tribe tame cap as fast as possible to ensure they have the slots if the server caps or to try and hold the server hostage with 500 dinos(not to mention the tribes doing this will have multiple tribes all allied to maximize their tame slots they can hold)

Kibble eggs are nice and all.. but thats not what bogs down servers. Kibble becomes almost useless after a certain point. You wont tame anything better than your high end breeds - its better to hoarde clean females to force mutations, this is where the server cap gets the most from.

Guest chancho33015
4 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Some people are just toxic and will intention try to ruin the fun for everyone.

WC needs to lower the tribe tame cap to encourage/force use of cryopods. Hopefully,they will do this on the new servers and then adjust accordingly.

They also need to add a kibble farm structure that gives eggs (and poop) for stored dinos.

that might actually be a great idea...to force tribes to have 100 dino cap. force people to keep their dinos inside the cryo pods...that would actually make people use it...

TOTALLY AGREE ON THAT! 10000%

Guest chancho33015
4 hours ago, d1nk said:

Kibble eggs are nice and all.. but thats not what bogs down servers. Kibble becomes almost useless after a certain point. You wont tame anything better than your high end breeds - its better to hoarde clean females to force mutations, this is where the server cap gets the most from.

now that you mention kibble...will there be something to extract eggs inside cryopods....i dont know lol that might be an issue...hmmm

good point!

Guest chancho33015
4 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

if they are anything code-wise like bee hives then they wont be transferable, even less so if multiple dinos can be stored in one pod. I'm not even sure if you'll be able to pick up cryopods (most likely not), or what happens if they become unpowered...

There are too many questions and assumptions that it is better to wait and see once it is released...

well, i doubt that it will be like hives now. since that is closer to a tek transmitter i am guessing in terms of saving dinos inside a devise...but we have to wait to see...only 2 more weeks before we know.

The problem is not the tame cap.  The cap is a symptom.  The real problem is that there exists no meaningful incentive to avoid the tame cap, and some pretty strong arguments can be made that there are actually incentives to sustain it.

As it stands, keeping 500 dinos fed is laughably easy for even a single person to accomplish, requiring only a few minutes per week for a practiced dino-feeding peon.  As long as that remains true, changing the cap (any cap) or implementing a cold storage solution will ultimately have no long-term positive impact on the cap.

Consider that the resources necessary to keep X dinosaurs fed scales approximately linearly, but the time needed to acquire those resources quickly flattens beyond a certain point due to economies of scale.  That transition usually occurs long before one reaches 100 dinos.  

Once the tipping point is reached, the difference in time needed to feed 500 dinos isn't dramatically greater than the time necessary to feed 50, and excess is readily stored for long periods.  Overall, feeding 100 dinosaurs on five servers doesn't require significantly more time than feeding 500 dinos on one server.

What that all means is that reducing the tribe limit opens enough slots in the near term that more players can move in and store dinos until the cap is reached again.  Once that happens (and it must; the alternative is to shrink the player base, which is silly), we're right back where we started, only worse, because now we have more players griping about being "forced" to maintain momre dinos on more servers (except that's already happening).

There needs to be a significant incentive to not reach the cap.  In order for the cryopods to have any impact at all, there needs to be a highly significant advantage in using them.  Right now, with the information we have, there does not appear to be one.  Storing dinos the traditional way is simply too easy, requiring virtually no infrastructure, and minimal resources.

Until that changes, the may the cap be with you.

9 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

Things may have changed, but I'm fairly certain that they originally said you could carry (and trade) the cryopods.  However it should be interesting when people either start getting careless with pass codes or get insided and have their dino freezers emptied.

Archived