Grind to get Pearls is way way to hard....

Blackjesusstimulant

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, KrakenOverlord said:

what do you mean fix that angler can farm pearls? He already can, you just have to bite them. Am I missing something?

This is the mobile section, and the Angler is not harvesting pearls on that version. From the wiki:

Anglerfish aren't able to harvest Silica Pearls.png Silica Pearls in ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile since Silica Pearls.png Silica Pearls spawn on the beach. This is due to the fact that Mobile wasn't originally set to include Aquatic Creatures.

30 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

This is the mobile section, and the Angler is not harvesting pearls on that version. From the wiki:

Gah! I wish they would come up with some kind of way to opt out of getting into mobile. I've posted so much advice on this damn site just to learn that it was in mobile. Sure, I could check the tag but I usually just keep clicking next topic when I'm at work without thinking.

I agree to this, its so annoying having to go to the turret littered, giga filled snow to get pearls, it seems the best way is to trade for them :/ I had a thought the other day that maybe the devs should add a creature that if you put on wander would collect pearls. Maybe a crow that likes shiny objects, or a decorator crab! Just a thought but of course fixing the angler would counter this problem.

Peace,

-Cap

• 6 months later...

Yup, I agree. I have over 2500 hours on PS4. Every Dino and creature on the Ark has a purpose. We use Ankys as a pick axe and doedic/ mammoth as a hatchet etc flying around and collecting pearls by hand is a joke. I spent 4 hours taming a high level angler to be defeated and crushed to find out my angler won’t farm pearls. To give you perspective an angler will collect 220 pearls every oyster but by hand it’s 20 ish. 2000 pearls or 20k pearls it’s a no brainer. Dev’s for the last time fix your game!! Don’t even bring a Dino onto mobile if you’re not gonna let us use it properly! Seriously!!

I played on PC a long time too. I am so confused on most of their decisions for mobile. I'm starting to think Wildcard just seen it as an easy pay day since ark is at the end as far as expansions. Have you ever been told why turrets are like this on mobile? To reduce the lag maybe? No heavy turret and 10 per area is the worst thing ever. Also on PC you can switch to scorched earth farm thousands of pearls with a whip, upload them back to your maps server. Idk lol, I'm so confused by how things are on mobile.

Archived