Community Crunch 154: Creature Teaser Tomorrow & ARK Digest 55!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

To be fair, i guess you are right lol

But i think right decisions are hard to argue ? I mean no one is arguing that cryopods are a bad thing. 

We are only discussing how effective they will be, how will they be used, and how they will implemented to the game. 

So it is a bit different than a backlash ? 

However, with this new addition new changes might follow on official PVE. Dino tribe cap might be lowered to 100 (which i think make sense to force people to not cap the server) Also, it diencentives people from having multiple accounts cause it will not be worth it anymore, and best of all no tails to get in the way lol

I mean, that has to mean we are going in the right direction ? 

I doubt they'll lower cap to 100 to force people to use them. You only think they might because someone suggested it, but I doubt that is what will happen.

so when do we get a look at the air titan I'm hoping it's like a dragon or like the levinthen maybe like a giant whale idk and will this be the dlc  out that comes out on  the expected date nov6 or will it take a bit longer? Also well we be able to tame the end boss rolling thing and the scout we can craft it? The enforcer will be cool but can we get a attack robot that be can control like the robot thing sorry terrible with names but so excited for the air titan hope it's cool looking

Wouldn't it be better to wait until after the Extinction drops to have the life event. Kinda pointless to increase rates when a couple days later a lot of people are basically going to give up their current base and start over.  With the increase of players coming back for the DLC it might increase the amount of donations. 

• Volunteer Moderator
10 hours ago, Hltrey said:

Wouldn't it be better to wait until after the Extinction drops to have the life event. Kinda pointless to increase rates when a couple days later a lot of people are basically going to give up their current base and start over.  With the increase of players coming back for the DLC it might increase the amount of donations. 

If they ran the charity stream and ended up with 8x rates with Extinction just released that would be silly. Extinction should start off with vanilla rates not some crazy jumped up 8x speed.

22 hours ago, Hltrey said:

11 hours ago, GP said:

If they ran the charity stream and ended up with 8x rates with Extinction just released that would be silly. Extinction should start off with vanilla rates not some crazy jumped up 8x speed.

Not to mention they'll be dropping Extinction teasers during the event... Teasers are kinda pointless if they're done after it's released lol

THIS IS FOR THE ENITRETY OF THE ARK COMMUNITY PLSSSSS GUYS HEAR THIS OUT AND PUSH THIS THROUGH TO THE ARK DEVS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Hey there Wild Card, my names Jesse Hickman, I run my own Electronics Repair business in a small town out of Missouri, I have been working with coding and programming now for quite some time.  I really love ARK and everything about it, the one thing I can’t get over though is the MESHING/UNDERMAPPING issue’s that are currently in the game.  I’ve done plenty of research on this subject and it seems like everytime this is “Resolved” another person finds another method to mesh or under map again or they ALREADY have beds in the mesh and can still spawn in.  I believe there are only 2 ways to solve this issue one is kind of major the other would be very minor and I know would not take up a lot of man hours, I BEG you guys hear me out on this PLSSSSS!  The first way to FINALLY lock this meshing issue Down (AND I MEAN STOP IT FROM EVER HAPPENING AGAIN!!) is to put a DEATH BARRIER in the mesh! Look if you would put this into the game ANYONE AND ANYTHING that would even try to get into the mesh would Die immediately and this would prevent this issue from ever arising again plus if they had any items on them they’d lose them as well (and that serves them right for trying to CHEAT at a game that everybody else has put thousands of man hours into to do everything the right way!  The other way would be to start out EVERY LAST SERVER, PERSON, TRIBE, and everything else at ZERO, THE STARTING POINT, meaning MINDWIPE EVERY LAST PERSON THATS EVER PLAYED THE GAME AND COMPLETELY WIPE EVERYTHING EVEN THEIR TAMES, BASES, INVENTORY, and EVERYTHING BACK TO SQUARE ONE, but that would still leave the meshers in the game as well, if you were able to add a “DEATH BARRIER” to the mesh (example: Make a small 2nd barrier underneath the first mesh layer like a few feet or so [in game measurements haha] that way it kills anybody that tries to mesh a tribe like this again will just die) also make it say in their log they were “KILLED BY DEATH BARRIER” that way a Dev could see that as well and flag that person as a mesher or cheater.  This would MAJORLY MAJORLY make the game much more enjoyable!! Pls pls pls look into this method it would hardly take anytime at all and it would be such a small UPDATE!! Please!!

Instead of a kill zone under mesh, which they’ve said isnt doable due to the programming, maybe a tracker of sorts could attach to the players body when they go under mesh. And if it stays there for more than 30-60 seconds, then the player ID is flagged. Numerous flags means investigations happen. Probably not 100% fool proof, but better than someone living under the mesh. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, XxTheGrimGOdxX said:

BUT IT IS DOABLE!!! Idk who EVER said it wasn’t if they didn’t pls point me to this comment or forum or link to ‘said comment or mention of not being able Ron fox due to programming’ this isn’t COMPLETELY DOABLE!! And only needs to be done!!

You'll find them talk about it here: 

Why haven't there been local multiplayer? Have you ever wanted to play on official with your brother or friend? You have no advantage well a little but still it costs a lot to get a second console or computer and buy ark.  (this is mostly for console) But I one more question on single and non dedicated why don't you get rid if that host barrier you know nobody likes that. 

1 hour ago, CaptinPugsi said:

Why haven't there been local multiplayer? Have you ever wanted to play on official with your brother or friend? You have no advantage well a little but still it costs a lot to get a second console or computer and buy ark.  (this is mostly for console) But I one more question on single and non dedicated why don't you get rid if that host barrier you know nobody likes that. 

Thank you!!! I hate the tether. They used to have an adjustable slide for tether distance. Whatever happened to that??

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 12:18 AM, Jen said:

We think that Cryopods coming in Extinction should help with this problem directly. When a creature has been captured into a Cryopod, it does not count against the tame cap of the server. In addition, Cryopods can be kept forever in a Cryofridge with power, arming players with a powerful tool to work around the limitations of the cap.

So this means in order to "unstore/unfreeze" a creature, an open tame slot on the server is required? Do you REALLY believe that in this case they will be used much? lol - freezing our dinos so that hoarders and storage tribes can hoard and store even more? No way...

• 2 months later...