Community Crunch 154: Creature Teaser Tomorrow & ARK Digest 55!

Jen

10 hours ago, GP said:

We don't know yet the details on how the cryopods will be crafted, however, they are not an engram/tekgram that is unlocked by beating any bosses, so to me that sounds like it won't necessarily be as long to get.

I agree. For all we know it could be unlock-able at level 50 or something. Oh shoot I have to use a mind wipe to get around server cap. Most peeps that play this game are so unhappy ALL THE TIME.

Are Crypods suppoused to solve or help with the problem with server cap? Are you serious?

This idea is flawed for a few reasons and it creates other problems. 

Firstly, this is what will happen. People will put their dinosaurs into crypods lowering the server cap TEMPORARLY. People will see they can tame new dinosaurs finally and within short period of time server cap will be reached again. At that moment any dinosaur that was in crypod is stuck inside forever. I'll give it a week or 2 and situation will be the same before crypods. 

Secondly, you play around with people's time investment by putting dinosaurs in risk that their crypods will break as soon as cryfridge power supply is out. Not to mention technical server issues that may disallow joining servers. 

You do not address this issue seriously, Wildcard. The problem with server tame cap lays in your kibble tree and taming system due to their quite shortsighted design. 

Your game encourages and force you to hoard dinosaurs to get eggs for kibbles literarly. People tame many dinosaurs to get eggs in reasonable time, because they do not want to make ARK their second job (Plus the drop rate of eggs increases with number of females) You need X dinosaur's eggs to tame Y dinosaur. You need Y dinosaur's eggs to tame Z dinosaur. You need Z dinosaur's eggs to tame... And so on and so on. That. Is. Why. Servers reach taming cap. Players have been telling you this since early stages of Early Access, but you have been ignoring it. 

Replace eggs as ingredient for kibbles with something that will not require taming dinosaurs. 

If you treated your customers seriously, you should start working on QoL update of taming system and kibble tree shortly after Exctinction premiere. Tho, give your employees time to catch their breath too, because you admitted they're in crunch time. No one should suffer due to crunch, because of a failour of managment.

Edited by Lewiatan

2 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

Are Crypods suppoused to solve or help with the problem with server cap? Are you serious?

This idea is flawed for a few reasons and it creates other problems. 

Firstly, this is what will happen. People will put their dinosaurs into crypods lowering the server cap TEMPORARLY. People will see they can tame new dinosaurs finally and within short period of time server cap will be reached again. At that moment any dinosaur that was in crypod is stuck inside forever. I'll give it a week or 2 and situation will be the same before crypods. 

Secondly, you play around with people's time investment by putting dinosaurs in risk that their crypods will break as soon as cryfridge power supply is out. Not to mention technical server issues that may disallow joining servers. 

You do not address this issue seriously, Wildcard. The problem with server tame cap lays in your kibble tree and taming system due to their quite shortsighted design. 

Your game encourages and force you to hoard dinosaurs to get eggs for kibbles literarly. People tame many dinosaurs to get eggs in reasonable time, because they do not want to make ARK their second job (Plus the drop rate of eggs increases with number of females) You need X dinosaur's eggs to tame Y dinosaur. You need Y dinosaur's eggs to tame Z dinosaur. You need Z dinosaur's eggs to tame... And so on and so on. That. Is. Why. Servers reach taming cap. Players have been telling you this since early stages of Early Access, but you have been ignoring it. 

Replace eggs as ingredient for kibbles with something that will not require taming dinosaurs. 

If you treated your customers seriously, you should start working on QoL update of taming system and kibble tree shortly after Exctinction premiere. Tho, give your employees time to catch their breath too, because you admitted they're in crunch time. No one should suffer due to crunch, because of a failour of managment.

They are fixing the kibble tree after Extinction they have stated this multiple times jeez.

31 minutes ago, Raiah said:

They are fixing the kibble tree after Extinction they have stated this multiple times jeez.

Can't expect them to read all the previous Digest.

Also, with regards to Cryofreezer. Two things comes into mind:

• What will be the decay timer for Cryofreezer and Cryopod? If is less than the dino decay timer in official (1x) standards, it won't even be worth it. I mean, why freeze dino into its "cave man" state and save up spots when they can't even last longer than when they are still alive and kicking?
  • Won't people try to exploit material through ddos/rollback with material like they did in aberration? It would make simply trying to go to extinction just to get said structure a pain if it risks losing your character that can't be recovered due to said reason.

I am really hyped about the cryopod, and I belive if it will be implemented correctly it will solve lots of issues, first of all is FPS drops in your base, we have a dino storage that has crazy amount of animals and when you go to that area fps goes down to like 5fps, and I got decent PC 70-100fps in other areas. So putting all dinos in the fridge will solve that issue, also the fact that frozen dinos dont need food or take space solves issue where you need to build insane large structures to store them, so it will help there too, and the fact that frozen dino dont need food makes it all worth it, no more meat and berry runs every day to keep things alive. Instead you will only need to worry about gasoline or element whatever the power source will be. Anyway it is really great idea and it will solve lots of issues.

16 hours ago, Raiah said:

Wildcard was really vague about kibble tree rework after Exctinction premiere and their tonne reminds me of a student who says he will write notes during a lecture, but in the end he won't do that at all. Plus, as another person mentioned they are as eager to implement that QoL patch as they're eager to implement S+. After a whole YEAR since the announcement they have still no clue what features they want to take from the mod and put it in vanilla game... They have no ambition nor will to improve core game. If they have one, their actions contradict that. 

Guest chancho33015
On 10/23/2018 at 3:25 AM, GP said:

Well it's a step in the right direction, but I wouldn't say it is over, after all, people on official servers will still need to choose to use them. If they choose not to then there will still be tame limitations. All depends on who plays on the server and what they are like.

Dont be so negative! You can hope that people will see how much easier is to have one cryopod to keep all dinos secure and safe on one place...i think everyone hated on ark to have 500 dinos all around their base getting in the way of everything lol

I hated having 50 reapers, 200 rexes, and anything with a long tail on my pve server...now i know i dont have to suffer any more those darn tails lol

That is enough to get people to use them ? 

• Volunteer Moderator
33 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

Dont be so negative! You can hope that people will see how much easier is to have one cryopod to keep all dinos secure and safe on one place...i think everyone hated on ark to have 500 dinos all around their base getting in the way of everything lol

I hated having 50 reapers, 200 rexes, and anything with a long tail on my pve server...now i know i dont have to suffer any more those darn tails lol

That is enough to get people to use them ? 

Not being negative, being realistic.

There are 3 reasons I can think of that people will use them:

1. Reduce tames to tame/breed more
  2. Reduce lag impact on bases
  3. To not have to feed so many dinos

Now, being realistic, you have a server that is capped, multiple tribes setup cryofridges and store dinos, lets say 50% of all dinos on a server are stored. It will only be a matter of time, and in many cases not that long before that 50% space is filled back up again.

We also don't know yet what it will take to make cryopods, how many dinos you can fit into one cryopod or how many cryopods you can fit in to cryofridges.

With all the information we currently have this looks like a short-term solution to tame cap issues. I hope i'm wrong and it's more long-term solution, but being realistic right now it looks to be a short-term thing.

44 minutes ago, GP said:

Now, being realistic, you have a server that is capped, multiple tribes setup cryofridges and store dinos, lets say 50% of all dinos on a server are stored. It will only be a matter of time, and in many cases not that long before that 50% space is filled back up again.

We also don't know yet what it will take to make cryopods, how many dinos you can fit into one cryopod or how many cryopods you can fit in to cryofridges.

With all the information we currently have this looks like a short-term solution to tame cap issues. I hope i'm wrong and it's more long-term solution, but being realistic right now it looks to be a short-term thing.

According to what we know this will be one-time server cap reduction and then servers will reach tame cap again. It does not fix nor address the source of the problem I mentioned earlier at all. 

Edited by Lewiatan

They will also probably be exploited in pvp. Now big tribes will most likely try to cap the tame limit repeatedly to force other tribes to use cryopods, then attack those bases and kill everything, steal all the cryopods which then become theirs if that’s still correct, and cap the taming limit again so you can’t get more dinos.

Guest chancho33015
43 minutes ago, GP said:

Well, if they are making this cryopod I am pretty sure this is their solution to fix the problem of cap. 

IF they are smart enough they will at least hold between 50 to 100 Dinos per cryo fridge. Enything lower than that would be pointless. If WC is hoping to change the server issues where they expect people to play more in official or make servers in official playable again specially on pve official then that would be the only reasonable number to do.

Now I guess we wait to either be happy or totally disappointed lol

Either way, right now it sounds like they for once are in the right place regarding fixing.

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

Well, if they are making this cryopod I am pretty sure this is their solution to fix the problem of cap. 

IF they are smart enough they will at least hold between 50 to 100 Dinos per cryo fridge. Enything lower than that would be pointless. If WC is hoping to change the server issues where they expect people to play more in official or make servers in official playable again specially on pve official then that would be the only reasonable number to do.

Now I guess we wait to either be happy or totally disappointed lol

Either way, right now it sounds like they for once are in the right place regarding fixing.

You keep talking about whether WC are smart enough and have thought this through, but what you are failing to consider is it is more about the players. WC could come up with the best ever solution, but whether it works or not will rely mostly on the players, and we all know what official servers can be like in regards to players.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope it works, but to me it looks like a short-term solution. Also, it's better to be expecting disappointment than get your hopes up and have them crushed.

1 hour ago, GP said:

You keep talking about whether WC are smart enough and have thought this through, but what you are failing to consider is it is more about the players. WC could come up with the best ever solution, but whether it works or not will rely mostly on the players, and we all know what official servers can be like in regards to players.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope it works, but to me it looks like a short-term solution. Also, it's better to be expecting disappointment than get your hopes up and have them crushed.

I'm afraid this short-term band aid solution will blow up in Wildcard's face. In the same way like graples did with undermeshing on Abberation. Players are so creative to exploit this buggy game that's hard to imagine how crypods will be exploited. Unfortunately, I just lost faith in this company long time ago. 

Guest chancho33015
1 hour ago, GP said:

you know what i mean! i mean as in smart enough to do it right.

WE all know players always find a way to mess stuff up... 

However, we cant blame them for that. But we can definitely blame them if they dont try it. 

There is definetly people what will always exploit ark's unfixable things...but that is not WC fault.

What i meant was that if they do the job right, no one cant blame them. Cryopods are that...doing it right. 

Sorry, i didnt mean to call them...dummies or something of that nature ? I just meant, if they do the job right...there will not be backlash. 

Cheaters will always exist... that is un-fixable lol There is no enough programming to fix the human brain lol

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

you know what i mean! i mean as in smart enough to do it right.

WE all know players always find a way to mess stuff up... 

However, we cant blame them for that. But we can definitely blame them if they dont try it. 

There is definetly people what will always exploit ark's unfixable things...but that is not WC fault.

What i meant was that if they do the job right, no one cant blame them. Cryopods are that...doing it right. 

Sorry, i didnt mean to call them...dummies or something of that nature ? I just meant, if they do the job right...there will not be backlash. 

Cheaters will always exist... that is un-fixable lol There is no enough programming to fix the human brain lol

If they do the job right there won't be backlash? Have you met the community? ?

On 10/23/2018 at 4:00 AM, TeRyn said:

On 10/23/2018 at 10:23 AM, GP said:

On 10/23/2018 at 10:26 AM, EnergyDrink said:

Dear Wildcard,

The only main and serious problem you have - Server Cap.

if you fix this problem, every other problem will be much easier.

Regards

umm u forgot climbing pics under mesh and tent and sleeping bag under mesh and a under meshed kind of biome that gtjaked showed on his video about under meshing 

Guest chancho33015
7 hours ago, GP said:

If they do the job right there won't be backlash? Have you met the community? ?

To be fair, i guess you are right lol

But i think right decisions are hard to argue ? I mean no one is arguing that cryopods are a bad thing. 

We are only discussing how effective they will be, how will they be used, and how they will implemented to the game. 

So it is a bit different than a backlash ? 

However, with this new addition new changes might follow on official PVE. Dino tribe cap might be lowered to 100 (which i think make sense to force people to not cap the server) Also, it diencentives people from having multiple accounts cause it will not be worth it anymore, and best of all no tails to get in the way lol

I mean, that has to mean we are going in the right direction ?