Community Crunch 154: Creature Teaser Tomorrow & ARK Digest 55!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, TeRyn said:
  • We think that Cryopods coming in Extinction should help with this problem directly. When a creature has been captured into a Cryopod, it does not count against the tame cap of the server.

Except new Tek engram wont be unlocked by MOST tribes for quite sometime....and also a ENGRAM AS A CORE MECHANIC FIX? Are you poopting me? Also what happens if dino's are IN these Pods when a server reaches cap? Are they not able to be brought out so are basically stuck in there forever? Great thinking.

We don't know yet the details on how the cryopods will be crafted, however, they are not an engram/tekgram that is unlocked by beating any bosses, so to me that sounds like it won't necessarily be as long to get.

Well that answer almost all of my questions from last week but are they like titanosaur where they stave to death or is it a timer that was introduces by liopleurodon the worst creature to use and tbh a complete waste of time taming it as it can give you a worst item from the drop like a ascendant spear than  giving you  like ascendant riot gear,

wildcard my lord if reading this, please I beg you to make the Titans same as the titanosaur as the raid creature (creature will stave to death no matter what they are feed with, if tick the raid creatures will be able to feed it self and continue living than normal)

so we can have a perm tamed Titan  on unofficial server or in our single player or private session with friends 

Edited by teknology
Finger crossed we hope we get perm tamed Titans

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, teknology said:

Well that answer almost all of my questions from last week but are they like titanosaur where they stave to death or is it a timer that was introduces by liopleurodon the worst creature to use and tbh a complete waste of time taming it as it can give you a worst item from the drop like a ascendant spear than  giving you  like ascendant riot gear,

wildcard my lord if reading this, please I beg you to make the Titans same as the titanosaur as the raid creature (creature will stave to death no matter what they are feed with, if tick the raid creatures will be able to feed it self and continue living than normal)

so we can have a perm tamed Titan  on unofficial server or in our single player or private session with friends 

They've said in single player that you can make them permanent tames, but that you can only have 1 at a time, you'll need to sacrifice one to get another one.

4 hours ago, GP said:

Tames can't become corrupted I don't think, just like tames on Aberration can't become Aberrant, so don't think you've got anything to worry about with transferring dinos to Extinction.

Not all of the other DLC creatures will be in Extinction, in fact i've not seen any Aberration creatures revealed yet.

Who knows. I won't be surprised if they pulled out a Reaper/Nameless in one of the teaser or left it as hidden.

4 hours ago, GP said:

No because Scorched Earth is just desert, and Extinction is clearly not just desert. Just because there won't be a large amount of water doesn't mean it will be completely dry and barren. Aberration doesn't have a large body of water, more so than Scorched, but it is still a small amount compared to Island.

Its still a "raptored" issue though in a way. Desert or not desert, it doesn't change the fact they had "raptored" SE design.

4 hours ago, GP said:

Well it's a step in the right direction, but I wouldn't say it is over, after all, people on official servers will still need to choose to use them. If they choose not to then there will still be tame limitations. All depends on who plays on the server and what they are like.

The main issue is that given the fact you need its engram... PLUS the fact that Cryopod/Cryofridge not only require power, but it may only be craftable with Earth-only material makes it less likely for people to use it elsewhere... especially some griefing tribe in PvE who only wants to cap the server for their own selfish benefit and nothing more.

In a sense, it won't fully solve the issue, and in some server's extreme case, not at all.

4 hours ago, GP said:

We don't know yet the details on how the cryopods will be crafted, however, they are not an engram/tekgram that is unlocked by beating any bosses, so to me that sounds like it won't necessarily be as long to get.

It most likely won't be boss-only tekgram since the only "bosses" we need to deal with are titans in Earth, but seeing the design concept so far, I bet it (Cryofridge) would require something that will serious annoy everyone off by being hard/rare to get.

47 minutes ago, GP said:

They've said in single player that you can make them permanent tames, but that you can only have 1 at a time, you'll need to sacrifice one to get another one.

Anything can change without warning. You won't know if they would keep their word on this.

42 minutes ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

Looking forward to seeing what the cyro pods are gonna be. Hope they are not TeK and not too high level to optain and run off normal electricity. 

Think around level 75/80 will be good spot

I’ll be taking all of my 130+ toons over just to unlock these. Need them badly. I don’t care if they run off of tek. Easy enough to fill a tek gen for two months off of one run. 

2 minutes ago, flamron said:

I’ll be taking all of my 130+ toons over just to unlock these. Need them badly. I don’t care if they run off of tek. Easy enough to fill a tek gen for two months off of one run. 

I have only ever tagged onto a monkey boss battle. Being a solo tribe has its down side 

I think that it will probably be a mix of all the maps Schorhed Earth ( the dangerous waist lands that the Chronicles tell us to stay away from ) Abberation ( the area where it show us the pic of the forest titan ) and the  Island ( the high environment where it shoes the large lake and the air titan ) But I also think it will have its own important area ( the town )

Really hope the cryo-freeze dino feature is a cheap and easy feature to craft and use. This could actually do a lot to alleviate some of the lag that makes playing on official PvE servers a real drag at times. It’ll be a massive letdown if it requires extremely rare resources like black pearls and/or element. I’m already a bit disappointed because they’re implying you will have to have a special cryo-fridge to store them. Really hope they rethink this and make it very accessible to players, since the lag and stuttering just keeps getting worse and worse.

1 hour ago, Attic said:

Really hope the cryo-freeze dino feature is a cheap and easy feature to craft and use. This could actually do a lot to alleviate some of the lag that makes playing on official PvE servers a real drag at times. It’ll be a massive letdown if it requires extremely rare resources like black pearls and/or element. I’m already a bit disappointed because they’re implying you will have to have a special cryo-fridge to store them. Really hope they rethink this and make it very accessible to players, since the lag and stuttering just keeps getting worse and worse.

Wildcard confirmed it’s a standard engram. So hopefully it’ll be an easy unlock and build. 

I think it’ll help to start with on the server cap issue, but people play PVE to breed and tame. They’ll run numbers back up again and again. 

Its a start to at least addressing the issue, but it’s a bandaid at best. 

What they should do, if this mechanic is really supposed to directly address server cap, is give every player a cryofridge and several pods to start with. Then make them easily craftable. Cryostorage could be a viable solution to the problem IF: the components are easy to make/maintain AND people use them. If the first part is true then the second will be more likely to happen. 

Cryostorage is all good intended, but how's that going to work exactly, Wildcard?

Server capped - I put dino into storage and it frees up a slot on server. Someone else tames a dino, now server capped again. What exactly happens when I try to pull that dino out of my storage? Are you going to let me pull out my cryo'd dino and go over server tame limit or is it going to be stuck in storage?

17 hours ago, stargatedalek said:

Will every animal receive a corrupted variant, or will some of the other DLC creatures be left out? Assuming they don't get corrupted variants, what would happen to them if they were transferred to this map and then became corrupted?

Will non-tameable animals also receive corrupted variants?

That's not how corruption works

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Ark721 said:

Since im in school make sure you ask good questions for me

There won't be questions. It's not Wildcard streaming the reveal, it's Xbox. If people do ask questions there's likely no answer as they won't know much more than us.

Edited by GP