last day on ark

ickleMrG

Sadly my last day on ark has arrived.

We have rebuilt a few times over the last few years. But to no luck.

We have built up on PVE and once on  S+. But we have come to an end.

We started as a tribe of 4 and ended up now just me.

Was a sad and sorry site last night when i offered our resources out to the world. about 13k of ingot, 7k crystal and a load of obsidian and pearls.

But i think my time has come to an end. It is a difficult game to solo in my opinion when you do not have the time to put in to it like it needs.

Hey ho. its be fun

Official solo is extremely difficult, but you could run an ark server for yourself. 

That will allow you to set the taming and breeding rates to a level that suits you so you can go solo.

You can shut the server down between sessions, so that food and structures don't decay while you're away from the game.

Just remember to set a password or whitelist the server so you don't get other people joining.

2 hours ago, ickleMrG said:

Was a sad and sorry site last night when i offered our resources out to the world. about 13k of ingot, 7k crystal and a load of obsidian and pearls.

But i think my time has come to an end. It is a difficult game to solo in my opinion when you do not have the time to put in to it like it needs.

Hey ho. its be fun

Solo is not difficult if u are in PVE, ARK just needed ur precious time.

Its that precious time i do not have to give it.

Have a full time job and 2 kids. only play a few nights a week and with other games, i just dont have the time for it full on.

DuoMog, i was thinking of going singleplayer but i miss the old fashioned talking and trading between people etc. 

BUT.... i have got abberation and not played it so may go single player to see what thats all about. get the taming and raising a lot quicker to help me go.

That Part that will really get you about server cap is the fact that, most servers are capped yet steam chars shows the game has almost half the people it had earlier this year. Truth in my opinion is they want everyone to shift to unofficial to save themselves money.  I've been playing this on and off since it released in early access on PC and PS4 i easily have 5000 hours. One thing you can always count on Wildcard doing is what is easiest for them as a company(time, money, game fixes, etc.). They have proven it with many updated in the past, the Giga and flyer nerfs and, legacy servers are just a couple of examples of how their consumers opinions didn't matter as long as it was an easy fix for them.  I love Ark is is easily one of my favorite games i own all the DLC and wlll probably buy the last one for my wife and i. That being said I will Never buy another Wildcard IP ever. As a company they are not to be trusted, tho i supposed after looking at the content of the $40 million lawsuit they lost I should have realized this a long time ago.

10 hours ago, ickleMrG said:

Its that precious time i do not have to give it.

Have a full time job and 2 kids. only play a few nights a week and with other games, i just dont have the time for it full on.

DuoMog, i was thinking of going singleplayer but i miss the old fashioned talking and trading between people etc. 

BUT.... i have got abberation and not played it so may go single player to see what thats all about. get the taming and raising a lot quicker to help me go.

Welcome to the real world. We all have other obligations including kids and wives. 

Playing solo on pvp is rough, but if you build a very hidden spot and don't make yourself know in global chat and maybe try and find one close by ally you should be all set even if you cant put in a bunch of time you just have to think of things differently and find the most hidden spot, not get big tames, etc figure out how to best defend your base with what little defenses you have and even have counter measure like 2-3 bases so if one gets raided you still have stuff and make hidden chest and little huts with beds across the map for spwan points, its a little rough at first but whats you get your roots down you can succeed. 

1 hour ago, MostSpy said:

So after a "few" years, "4" people managed to acquire "13k" ingots.....

No. its after 4 years, we have rebuilt a few times from scratch. We started on the now legacy so that was all gone too.

14k ingot was what we had now. not a lot but we didnt have much left to build bar tek so didnt need much to be kept.

Why hoard loads if it not needed?

On 10/21/2018 at 11:23 PM, ickleMrG said:

Hey ho. its be fun

Giving away everything is a whole new additional sadness. I have quit multiple servers and tried giving away an assortment of bases and dinos, ranging from huge bases to bases in key desired spots along with an assortment of dinos. In almost every instance, someone just wanted to rifle through blueprints for hard to get ones and didnt care about the base, location, resources or dinos. We put a much bigger value on the things we have than others do and its a sad scene when you try to give away something to a good home only to realize its garbage to everyone else.

I feel ya brother,  but once I switched to unofficial my love for ark came back cause I was thinking about quitting,  trying to do official pve got crazy once I started breeding.  Whole nother story on a boosted server tho,  and the community is great everyone is breeding or taming something so lots of trades and free giveaways it's crazy.

Extinction is like a week away... 

And honestly, solo is a great alternative when you only have a few hours a week for Ark, sometimes only a few hours a month.

Set the bosses as goal and work toward it. With a side goal of building a zoo... Should last you at least a year or two, even with rates that are boosted with 2-3h a week. 

Archived