Do you Think Ark Extinction DLC will be Delayed?

TheScribeHD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I think it’s gonna come on time for once. I have this feeling it was already delayed, and they set themselves a really far off goal from reveal to give themselves plenty of time to complete it. I think it’s more likely to come out on the 7th or 8th, due to minor delays, but any major delays would be 2 weeks max.

I don't think it will be delayed, but I do think a lot of people - like myself - will hold off on buying it.  While there do seem to be a few new bells and whistles, their track record of not fixing things and just rolling on to something new has left a bad taste in my mouth.  I'm still waiting on them to implement things like s+, or address things in the current game/maps like tame cap.

6 hours ago, GEonWAR said:

It is already delayed, Extinction had to release in august/sep.

Release in August/Sep is not true, it was originally planned for Spring 2018, then after Aberration came it got changed to "2018" and only after the launch of the Trailer on June 19th it was shown that November 6th was the release date. That said, it might indeed already be delayed as the Steam Store Page just says November now.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, TheSlayerNL said:

Release in August/Sep is not true, it was originally planned for Spring 2018, then after Aberration came it got changed to "2018" and only after the launch of the Trailer on June 19th it was shown that November 6th was the release date. That said, it might indeed already be delayed as the Steam Store Page just says November now.

Steam store page has always said November 2018, it never specified 6th Nov, so nothing there has changed.

They are in crunch time to release the game on time, so the chance of premiere delay is high. That means the managment failed to plan DLC development correctly and employees have to stay at work after their normal work hours. DLC is not in gold state yet less than 2 weeks before planned premiere. Not to mention DLC hasn't been sent to Sony and Microsoft for certification yet. I think WC will honour their tradition and will delay the launch of DLC. 

38 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

They are in crunch time to release the game on time, so the chance of premiere delay is high. That means the managment failed to plan DLC development correctly and employees have to stay at work after their normal work hours. DLC is not in gold state yet less than 2 weeks before planned premiere. Not to mention DLC hasn't been sent to Sony and Microsoft for certification yet. I think WC will honour their tradition and will delay the launch of DLC. 

Do you have inside information?

Or a link that confirms that the DLC hasn't gone for certification yet?

51 minutes ago, DuoMogAgain said:

i think it is a logical deduction from "SWC is in a crunch mode for Extinction release" which means that they are still working on it and from the fact that only "complete" build can be certified, and any patches or additions will result in another build that will have to be certified again for a full lengthy processing time.

So "crunch time" and "gone for certification" are mutually exclusive, unless SWC sent an incomplete build/version for certification :Jerbcry:.

1 hour ago, DarthaNyan said:

i think it is a logical deduction from "SWC is in a crunch mode for Extinction release" which means that they are still working on it and from the fact that only "complete" build can be certified, and any patches or additions will result in another build that will have to be certified again for a full lengthy processing time.

So "crunch time" and "gone for certification" are mutually exclusive, unless SWC sent an incomplete build/version for certification :Jerbcry:.

I see where you're coming from.

This post suggests that M$ take about a week longer for certification than Steam and Sony... https://medium.com/@Xander51/the-xbox-one-certification-patching-process-is-too-slow-832d9101c8d5

And this post makes for an interesting read about certification https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/inside-look-at-the-certification-process/28759

As outsiders though, we don't really know what is involved with the crunch.  For all we know, Extinction might have gone to certification.  The Crunch might be preparation of publicity material, getting ready for the charity event and getting influential youtubers and streamers into the map.

4 hours ago, DuoMogAgain said:

Ark dev admitted the entire studio is in crunch time. On arkdevtracker.com you can find it. I made an educated guess basing on that information and delayed releases of WC from the past. 

2 hours ago, DuoMogAgain said:

I see where you're coming from.

This post suggests that M$ take about a week longer for certification than Steam and Sony... https://medium.com/@Xander51/the-xbox-one-certification-patching-process-is-too-slow-832d9101c8d5

And this post makes for an interesting read about certification https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/inside-look-at-the-certification-process/28759

As outsiders though, we don't really know what is involved with the crunch.  For all we know, Extinction might have gone to certification.  The Crunch might be preparation of publicity material, getting ready for the charity event and getting influential youtubers and streamers into the map.

The crunch in game industry means: All hands on board to finish the project/game before deadline, because we are behind the schedule or managment departament failed to plan development properly or unrealistic deadline was set. 

6 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

My only thing about your post is saying the DLC hasnt been sent to Sony & microsoft for cert. 

Is it possible they sent it in awhile ago, already going gold and are just throwing patches at them? Just not publicly downloadable yet? Not sure if that makes sense. If there is a public site to view if it has certification by all means link it.

https://arkdevtracker.com/?post=ajqmdrmb

I also found this for anyone curious when they said they were in crunch mode. 

I honestly think it’s complete and currently in certification for console as we speak. Remember way back when they used to give us ETA’s and most went over that period? They probably had a completion date for mid October and took into account the cert process time for consoles in order to release the content across all platforms at the same time.

Of course I could be completely wrong but I’m being optimistic for once.

2 hours ago, KrakenOverlord said:

I'm thinking it won't release for at least a week or 2 past the 6th. My prediction on how they deliver the news is total radio silence. Not a single peep or apology on any platform. BUT I'm still going to wait patiently like a good little fan boy and play the crap out of it once it comes out. :/

Pretty much what I’m thinking. A week to 2 weeks after Nov. 6th

Archived