How does Reaper Gestation work?

Toasterfly

I haven't tried in SP so this are just guesses:

1. On officials, gestation takes 12 hours, but only online time counts. If you log out, gestation will pause and resume when you log back on. This should be the same on SP, since the game pauses anyway when you log on, the duration should be the same (12 hours).

2. Gestation/incubation multiplier should affect it.

On 10/21/2018 at 12:50 AM, Toasterfly said:

I want to get a reaper soon but I have two main questions about the gestation

1. How long does it last in singleplayer

2. Do any multipliers affect its length? If so, which ones?

1. Depends on your "Egg Hatch Multiplier" setting. Since you are technically carrying a Reaper Embryo inside, you are pretty much like the other mammal creature in gestation terms. By default setting, it would be 12 hour.

2. Like above, it does get affected, and by that very same setting I just mentioned. But play around in Single player with the setting first.

Like the other posters said above.  Gestation is 12 hours.  When you log off the timer stops.  The only thing that will terminate the pregnancy is exposing yourself you radiation in the red biome or transferring to another server.  Gestation multipliers will reduce the time.  On 2x the timer is only 6 hours.  And so on and so forth.

1. Gestation is 12 hours on x1

2. Gestation will cut down if you change breeding multipliers

ex) when ark grants official servers x2 breeding on rare occasions it will change gestation times from 12 hours to 6.

side note: if you want it to be a useful reaper you want to get all 75 bonus levels for the child, which is doable by killing things during gestation. XP multipliers also change the amount of XP you can earn for your child.

ex) when ark grants official servers x2 XP and gathering on weekends killing a lvl 5 spino will give you 500XP instead of 250XP for your gestating reaper.

Archived