pve Breeding dinos

YautjaElite

Is there any video tutorial specificaly for breeding dinos? Im a newbie in terms of breeding. Ever did was breed 2x yuty on single player mode. I need to learn the baiscs on how to get a color or stat mutwtion. Some players in the server im playing said that we can breed in such a way that the entire coloring can be changed. They even showed the proof. A completely violet theri with green hands. Hows that possible?

• 2 weeks later...

U cant affect mutations like make them happen on kommando you just need to be lucky.
Keep breeding and sooner or later you will get mutations.. Colourmutation also means it will have a stat mutated at the same time.
colourmutations arent always that visible like it can have a small piece thats coloured so keep an eye on stats and also mutations in its DNA tree..
If a baby reached 20/20 mutations on both sides it means it wont be able to get more mutations so then you need to take in e "clean" one just to be able to keep milking stats.

I hope this info was somehow useful for you :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is no way to increase your chances of mutations its just with luck, I recommend gathering a large amount of eggs and hatching them all at once. This wont increase your chances but you will get at least 1 mutation out of 50 eggs. When i dino is in baby faze you must hand feed it untill juvenile, when a dino reaches juvi it can eat out of a trough whic means you dont have to sit there. There isnt a difference between adolescent and juvenile. I recommend watching a youtube video on how to breed dinos properly without mutations.

When a mutation occurs the dinos will get 2+ points into which ever stat the mutation went into. You will also get a colour change in the dinos appearance, it can almost be any colour the mutation so if it doesnt look like a colour changed the mutation might have been the same colour as what you had. Having a green theri is possible. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Besty said:

You will also get a colour change in the dinos appearance, it can almost be any colour the mutation so if it doesnt look like a colour changed the mutation might have been the same colour as what you had.

Or the selected region is not used by that creature. For example, a Rex is using the regions 0, 1, 4 and 5. But a mutation can selects 2 and 3 which means the mutations will not be visible.

Well basicly you take a dino that you want to breed, for example rex. Than you need hp, a bit of stam, and melee dmg. You take the best rexes you can find in hp amd melee and keep them unleveld. Sooner or later you will get a mutation, (Colors isnt always visible since they sometes mutate on unused regions in that species) once you get a mutation you have to find out what the mutation is (this is why you want to keep breeders unleveld and unimprinted) on rexes you only keep the HP, Stam, weight and md mutation (thats what i do) if not kill and try again. Eventualy you will get a baby with a good mutation, from than on you new generation starts, use that mutated baby in your breeding to get more and more mutations. And basicly you keep on repeating it until you have the stats you want.

hope this helps you out! If not let me know and il get in touch :D

Is there a way to tweak a certain stat specifically? From what I have read on here, I basically want to grab dinos with the highest level of the stats i want? So, if I want to start mutating health, for instance, I would breed two of my dinos that are maxed with health? I feel like I have had a better chance mutating dinos along the same ancestry line rather than dinos who have the specific stats maxed that I want? 

Then, if so, can I tweak the mutations differently if I notice their weight is increasing with the mutations rather than melee? 

(Sorry to butt in but I am super curious about the mutation subject, too!) 

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, NicholePYT said:

Is there a way to tweak a certain stat specifically? From what I have read on here, I basically want to grab dinos with the highest level of the stats i want? So, if I want to start mutating health, for instance, I would breed two of my dinos that are maxed with health? I feel like I have had a better chance mutating dinos along the same ancestry line rather than dinos who have the specific stats maxed that I want? 

Then, if so, can I tweak the mutations differently if I notice their weight is increasing with the mutations rather than melee? 

(Sorry to butt in but I am super curious about the mutation subject, too!) 

Thanks in advance!

It is 100% blind RNG.  You can not affect it, it will mutate what it will and you can choose to keep the new mutated stat or not.  It is good practice to drive for mutations by breeding out a "best-stat" pair, because then if two dinos both have 38 points in HP (instead of one having 31 and the other 38) and you GET the HP mutation it will mutate the 38 for certain.  But do not think that because both stats are the same that it gives you any better chance of mutating that HP stat.

My little Mutation-info paragraph: 

Mutations are always exactly 3 things:  2 points into a stat, a 2-level increase to dino's birth level, and a color-zone mutation. It is important to note that -ANY STAT- can mutate, the mutated stat can even be movement speed which would be considered "wasted" mutation points (or oxygen on some dinos).  Also, -ANY ZONE- can mutate, even color zones the dino-in-question does not use, ie. Thylacoleo Region 1, 2, and 3 color-zones are not used (only Region 0, 4, and 5 are used) and if one of these "mutate" it has "wasted" the color mutation and you will not see a difference.  I don't really like to speak in firm absolutes, but anyone who denies this exact nature of mutations doesn't know what they are talking about.

53 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

It is 100% blind RNG.  You can not affect it, it will mutate what it will and you can choose to keep the new mutated stat or not.  It is good practice to drive for mutations by breeding out a "best-stat" pair, because then if two dinos both have 38 points in HP (instead of one having 31 and the other 38) and you GET the HP mutation it will mutate the 38 for certain.  But do not think that because both stats are the same that it gives you any better chance of mutating that HP stat

Oh, how annoying that it is mostly based on chance rather than calculations! 

Thank you for the info though. That has cleared up a few of my questions.

21 minutes ago, NicholePYT said:

Oh, how annoying that it is mostly based on chance rather than calculations! 

Thank you for the info though. That has cleared up a few of my questions.

Also, you said a few things like "maxed with health" and "specific stats maxed," and it leads me to believe you are talking about domesticated levels invested (what you have leveled since you tamed the dino).  If this is not the case, then alrighty!  If it IS the case, I would like to add:  Breeding passes on the stats at the first moment post-tame only, that is, when you can name the dino, THOSE are the stats it passes on.  The breeding system does not acknowledge domesticated levels for breeding values!

EXAMPLE:  You tame a 150 Rex, it comes out level 221 with a perfect tame using all kibble on 1x rates.  At level 221 (with ZERO domesticated levels invested), it has a HP stat of 9240.1.  Let's say you then level the Rex 50 levels, and put all 50 points into HP.  The Rex would then have 34188.4 HP.  The -BREEDING VALUE- is the 9240.1, not the ~34.2k.  The 9240.1 is what you should expect the baby to be born with.

• 2 months later...
On 1/22/2019 at 9:43 PM, Kanasana said:

From what i've seen, i feel like having 2 parents with the same stats helps the chances of a mutation

Yeah, this helps. However if both parents are already heavily mutated, you wont get any new ones and instead you're just doubling up on mutations. Can't get more than 20/20 on both sides or you lose all chances at new ones.

Ok I assume that this topic has been covered somewhere but I am not able to find an answer.

So here it goes.  I have a somewhat strong boss rex line. decent males and female tames. not perfect tames but got decent points into hp 6700 after tame, and the breed out gave me 385 melee. 

I am currently breeding for mutations with a single stud stacked with the 3 hp mutations and 1 melee mutation. My system is to mass breed with same blood line 0/0 female “breed group” until I get a mutation. If it is male hatched with a mutation I simply replace the current stud..  If it is a female hatched I will breed her into a 0/0 male from the same blood that is Two generations away from the 0/0Wild Caught Male.  This will ensure the stats are equal except for the mutated stats.  This gives me a one sided mutation stack that I continue into the same female “0/0 breed group” all females were bred with no mutations and mirror images of the less desired stats for the purpose of maintaining a x/0 ratio of mutation.  I maintain records of all the stats for every single dino utilized in this boss bloodline so far.  I have pulled and bred a few cotton candy rexes but they are not  bred back in as members of the boss line due to mutations that I deem undesirable  Ie. Food mutation and a pink belly region.  And if anyone would like me to post the current stats of my blood line I would be happy to.

OK I hope I have explained my system so here is my question.  I have noticed a sharp decline in desired mutations. I used to get one mutation on average every 6 to 8 hatches (24 eggs a hatch), now I haven’t had one in at least 14 hatches. With each clutch of eggs there are 4 or 5 different lvls 225,227,229,231,233  Here is what I think is happening.  I have one male carrying 2 different mutations, one in health one in melee.  He is getting bred against 6 females that have almost the same stats minus health and melee so now there are two rng rolls for each stat.  1.to see if the offspring will inherit the mutated stat, then 2.there is a roll to see if there is a new mutation.  I think I am mathematically slowing down the desirable effect of the system.   This creates in my a larger portion of less desirable offspring lowering the probability of gaining the desired mutations.  In my opinion I should upgrade my female group to mirror the current studs stats to remove a bit of the randomness.  But how can I do this, all my attempts of creating a “clean female” stack the mutations.  Do I need 0/0 females or could I breed a new group from my blood line that are 0/8 and have the same effect.  I would love to hear what you advanced breeders have to say.

Phishfry out

Best way to breed is to have 2 high-level wild dinos ideally and mate them till you have 2 identical dinos same level and stats of the opposite sex. Then mate those 2 together and if the if you get a mutation it will be born 2 levels higher then the parents. Depending on the mutation you may want to keep breading to try to integrate the levels into a new higher tier breading pair. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived