Building Height

ScreamingViolet

Does anyone know what the maximum height we can build to on mobile is?

i want to try and make something that’s around 13 walls high, but I have a feeling that might be pushing the upper limits. 

I wonder what the limit is on console? Might have to give that a try if I can’t pull of my ambitious plan on mobile.

im playing solo if that makes a difference. Cheers

1 hour ago, KrakenOverlord said:

I'm not sure what the limit is on console because I've never needed more than 40 walls high; but it's at the very least that much. Couldn't tell you anything about mobile though XD

I think I should just go make a bunch of walls and work it out for myself. It would be awesome if there was a wiki for mobile, as on a lot of these finer details there are a lot of differences between the settings.

13 minutes ago, ScreamingViolet said:

I think I should just go make a bunch of walls and work it out for myself. It would be awesome if there was a wiki for mobile, as on a lot of these finer details there are a lot of differences between the settings.

if you get enough people together you could do a fandom wiki, lol

10 hours ago, UAEFalcon said:

not sure exactly about the limits but my base & dino pen already at the max limit 

That’s a very impressive base. None of mine are anywhere near as impressive. I tend to build just for functionality rather than style, or even security as I play solo.

ive got a mini base of forges for processing metal on the other mountain beside the volcano, but after seeing this I may end up building on top of the volcano. ? have you had any Gigas spawn nearby?

2 hours ago, ScreamingViolet said:

That’s a very impressive base. None of mine are anywhere near as impressive. I tend to build just for functionality rather than style, or even security as I play solo.

ive got a mini base of forges for processing metal on the other mountain beside the volcano, but after seeing this I may end up building on top of the volcano. ? have you had any Gigas spawn nearby?

at this point i consume a lot of metal and obsidian which is hard to transport that is why i moved up the the volcano and the dino pen is on the other side 

it is pretty functional but the main issue is the lack of some resources like pearls which i had to build an underwater base to farm pearls and transport it once a week and berries but almost enough by planting it on the roof 

also other resources like wood , bio toxin , fiber but i just buy it from other players in the server everything else is great even the lag is gone 

yes saw many gigas spawning under the base by 300-500 ft but they cant reach it is safe 

1 hour ago, KodahWomble said:

Each building type has a different max height. If I remember correctly, it’s based on foundation type versus wall type though. So you can build a metal max height base by using metal foundations and stone walls. I believe metal maxes at 10. It’s shorter than a behemoth gate, which is super annoying.

That it good to know. Maybe the metal base and wood walls would allow you to build higher? And thatch even further still. 

Im trying to make a Halloween build for the competition and in order to achieve my vision it’s going to have to be pretty high. I came across a quetzal and have been sidetracked into a quest to revive it and tame it, so I’ve not tried anything other than stone on stone in regards to my build. 

Hopefully I’ll be done with the quetzal today so I can create my masterpiece in time to enter lol

Archived