Extinction Questions and Wonderings

TheSeay

Hey everyone, i've never posted on here before so forgive me if i'm starting a topic that is already here. I am creating this so that it is easy for people with questions about the upcoming DLC to easily find answers and come in contact with people that are knowledgable of ARK's lore.

Here are my questions and wonderings about what we may see or hope to see.

1. Do you think we will see a decent ocean biome? Our earth is about 71% covered in water now. So what has happened to all of the water in ARKs version of future earth?

2. How big do you think this map is going to be? Using the shields around the Obelisks to contain the biomes is a smart way to keep multiple biomes closer together and not having to worry about transitions between them. Thus making it easier to implement more biomes into smaller areas and it still look okay. But Ragnarok is 144 square miles i think, do you think they can top its size? I will be impressed if they can deliver a greater looking map than Ragnarok which if i'm not mistaken was made by someone else outside of Wildcard first right?

• 2 weeks later...

1. I wonder if the reason why element is so prominent (prominent as in, it's embedded into the bodies of a lot of dinos) correlates to the disappearance of water. There's really a disconnect right now between the connection of element to Earth's ragged state but there's also been the idea that, somehow, element is behind the reason for Earth's horrible state of being. Of course, as the Ark Lore doesn't directly support or deny this, it's only a possibility that element had something to do with the disappearance of the water but I believe it may pay some part in it.

2. I hope the map is big enough to accomodate a variety of different biomes. From what we've seen there's definitely: an underground one, a city one, No Man's Land, other areas that may be No Man's Land or biomes like No Man's Land, and a snow biome. Presumably there's also: maybe a sky biome (to accomodate the Sky Titan), a desert biome (to accomodate the huge Lizard Titan shown in the recent poster), and a biome that accomodates both the retrieving of Rock Drake Eggs and Wyvern eggs (aka an underground trench like in Aberration and a wyvern trench like in SE). Of course, it's hard to say how big all these biomes would be in total but I do quite wonder with all the hinted features (and need to be accomodated to) they've added if this will be the biggest map yet.

Some wonders I've had, in specifics to the Ark Lore, are about the Terran Foundation and the United Republics of Earth. We only know a little about them - they're from the future, Diana + Santiago + most of their crew are of these two "teams", they were fighting each other and knew how to use element - but I really want to know why they were introduced into the story and just more about these organizations in general.

So far, from what I've presumed, United Republics of Earth sound like a collection of countries (say, United States, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, etc.) against a dictatorship aka Terran Foundation (which sounds like a singular, big-scale country that's previously collected other countries like, say, Russia and China and Spain under the control of at least one person).

It doesn't really tell us much if I'm correct in these assumptions but I feel like the Ark Lore wouldn't just mention these futuristic war parties only to brush them away when we arrive on Extinction. After all, it's very possible that Santiago - the hacker who hacked into the Aberration's space station and who came with Helena and Mei-Yin to Earth as one of the remaining survivors - will get to share more of his side of the story as a member of the Terran Foundation. Hell, I expect he'll be one of the people we'll be seeing Explorer Notes from in Extinction I bet because: he has a name, belongs to a named organization, and he came to Earth pretty much alive though shaken after Rockwell's doings.

This all said, I'm really curious how much of a role both the Terran Foundation and the United Republics of Earth potentially played in the destruction of it. These are the only groups we know of from the future. They also know how to use element in the Aberrant Ark - a strange coincidence considering Earth is riddled with this same element. Therefore, I'm wondering just what part they'll play in Earth's history: particularly, it's destruction considering how big a war they seemed to be playing in last we knew...

1) It was confirmed in a Digest that there would be no large volume of water on Extinction, but that the creatures on this DLC woulb be designed with water in mind. (maybe they will have interesting behaviour in water on other ARKs, for example the Gasbag could float like the Reaper can.)

2) It looks very big but it's hard to tell only with a few screenshot and videos...

On 10/30/2018 at 1:21 PM, Lunarwing said:

This all said, I'm really curious how much of a role both the Terran Foundation and the United Republics of Earth potentially played in the destruction of it. These are the only groups we know of from the future. They also know how to use element in the Aberrant Ark - a strange coincidence considering Earth is riddled with this same element. Therefore, I'm wondering just what part they'll play in Earth's history: particularly, it's destruction considering how big a war they seemed to be playing in last we knew...

Very interesting questions, i also hope we will learn more about these organizations and their role, and maybe some Santiago notes.

About the destruction of the Earth, we know that the Moon got destroyed and is in pieces. I have no idea how it could be destroyed, but i think a piece of the Moon was attracted by the Earth and destroyed its surface, like how the dinosaurs got extinct in the past. Notice the crater on Earth's surface, seen from Aberration's ascension.

But we have no idea if the Moon was destroyed before or after Earth's destruction. I guess we will learn more about that when the DLC will be out !

@ZetaFoX17 !!!

I totally forgot about the moon being destroyed and in pieces lol. But, you know, I think you're on to something. I wouldn't past Wildcard to have something like a replication of the meteor that killed off dinosaurs. I didn't notice the crater on Earth's surface either but hmmm that leads to some wild thoughts.

I wonder if the moon being destroyed was something humans did? We know that there's (and I'm gonna put a warning here for Semi-Spoilers if you haven't already seen the TwitchCon stuff) things called orbital supply drops and presumably they come from Earth's atmosphere as "meteors". I mean, the word "orbital" seems to suggest they orbit Earth so I wouldn't put it past Wildcard to assume these supply drops come from space.

Now, to connect that all to the moon, it seems humans have the capability to send advanced stuff into space. Maybe one of those things they sent into space malfunctioned and caused the moon to blow up either by accident or malevolent intent? There's a kind of suggestion that this weapon exists as there's an item called the M.E.K in the game. but, as it's not known what the M.E.K. is for, idk if it's at all connected to anything in Ark Lore (spoilers end)

Of course, there might be other explanations too but, at the moment, this is all I can think of. The problem has to be human-caused because the devs technically ruled out aliens but yet element might also play a semi-role here too. Element is extremely powerful, maybe powerful enough that, if created into a bomb and sent to the moon, it could destroy it. That would certainly tie into your idea of how a chunk of the moon got pulled into Earth's gravity and caused Earth's crater! 

As for whether or not it got destroyed before or after Earth's destruction...good question! I would personally think it was destroyed before Earth's destruction but it's possible it was destroyed after. It all depends on what destroyed it and when: humans? Space objects? Other? Titans/the final boss maybe?

58 minutes ago, Lunarwing said:

I didn't notice the crater on Earth's surface either but hmmm that leads to some wild thoughts.

Here you can see it :

Spoiler

f4f3f6c3aa.png

Source Anthomnia's video

Also i forgot to add, it seems that on Extinction, we will have meteor showers, it makes sense if the Moon is in piece

Spoiler

ExtinctionTeaser1.jpg.bd252883fb826bb99f

Notice the meteor on the right, and the Moon in the background, it is not there by mistake.

About the Orbital drops, i think by orbital, it means that they were sent from space by orbital stations like Arks, my guess is that their launch are triggered by "The One who Waits" because she said in the notes that she can't physically help the survivor, but she will guide and help them.

... Or maybe, the meteor on the screen is an orbital drop pod ??

About the MEK, i have no idea of its use, but i guess we will have some notes of Santiago or someone of the tek tribe, explaining what it is (I'm asuming it existed at their era) Maybe it was used for space missions, maybe the tek people were mining the Moon for material and they used them. (BTW it raises the question of : How were ARKs formed ? you need a huge chunk of land to create an ARK...)

But i doubt even the tek people could blow up the Moon, you need a lot of energy for that, maybe the malfunctionning System did it ?

Archived