Random Dinosaur Deaths?

sasami8000

I have experienced several Dinosaur deaths, of which seemingly there are no reasons at all that have caused them.  So there are some questions I have.  Initially, I read that the only purpose of feeding the Dinosaurs were to level them, so yes, I have troughs and proper foods for the dinosaurs.  Is this not the case anymore? Must they eat and have troughs to survive, or is it like I originally read, and they only eat to level?

I have a 2-3 leveled fence and dino-gates to enclose the dinosaurs for roaming purposes.  I understand there have been some glitches where the dinos escape through these enclosed spaces, trying to control the 'Out of the Pen' issues...

I don't generally swim with the Dinosaurs, so the Leech theory would be out..  I've had some random deaths occur on the Mountain side where the dinosaurs are far from water, and I had to Irrigate a long distance to ensure we had access to water. 

So randomly dying dinos, is it possible its old age? what can cause a dinosaur to die without being attacked?  I guess this is more or less what I need assistance with understanding.  I am usually the only one feeding my dinos in the tribe of 5 since I like to level all the dinosaurs for backups.

Anyone with a listing or understanding of what can cause Death of dinosaurs would be greatly appreciated for your feedback! Thanks ^_^

Yeah dinos need fed or they starve, hence the food stat. I think its always been like that.  I dont ever remeber food being used to level.

Roaming purposes ? You dont have all your dinos on wander do you ? Dont need to do that.

Death of a dinosaur: Either starvation or something attacking it or a bug. Dinos dying of old age is not a thing in Ark.

30 minutes ago, sasami8000 said:

I have experienced several Dinosaur deaths, of which seemingly there are no reasons at all that have caused them.  So there are some questions I have.  Initially, I read that the only purpose of feeding the Dinosaurs were to level them, so yes, I have troughs and proper foods for the dinosaurs.  Is this not the case anymore? Must they eat and have troughs to survive, or is it like I originally read, and they only eat to level?

I have a 2-3 leveled fence and dino-gates to enclose the dinosaurs for roaming purposes.  I understand there have been some glitches where the dinos escape through these enclosed spaces, trying to control the 'Out of the Pen' issues...

I don't generally swim with the Dinosaurs, so the Leech theory would be out..  I've had some random deaths occur on the Mountain side where the dinosaurs are far from water, and I had to Irrigate a long distance to ensure we had access to water. 

So randomly dying dinos, is it possible its old age? what can cause a dinosaur to die without being attacked?  I guess this is more or less what I need assistance with understanding.  I am usually the only one feeding my dinos in the tribe of 5 since I like to level all the dinosaurs for backups.

Anyone with a listing or understanding of what can cause Death of dinosaurs would be greatly appreciated for your feedback! Thanks ^_^

First, you must feed your dinos for it to not starve it takes about a week for the food consumption to go low and eventually might die if not fed for a long period of time. I doubt that food would lvl them up exponentially might just be a few bit of exp. 

Level fence are required to prevent any dinos from coming inside your base and causing havoc. it all depends the location of ur base aswell. if im not wrong 3-4 high walls prevents any dino such as gigas and rex from coming in but there are times that dinos may glitch or spawn if its not properly pillared. have you checked your tribe long an see the cause of your dinos death? 

Yeah dinos need fed or they starve, hence the food stat. I think its always been like that.  I dont ever remeber food being used to level.
Roaming purposes ? You dont have all your dinos on wander do you ? Dont need to do that.
Death of a dinosaur: Either starvation or something attacking it or a bug. Dinos dying of old age is not a thing in Ark.
It's always been that way..since day 1 of EA. Some starve faster than others..example a gig.

Its definitely the food.

Dinos need food to survive. That makes sense. 

Wandering dinos and turret mode dinos consume more food and starve faster (parasaur turret mode, for example). Wanderers also tend to wander out of range of troughs and the AI isn't smart enough to find it's own food.

I suggest building a barn/pen and having a trough every 10 foundations or so. Leave them in on disabled wandering.

Archived