Finally

ScreamingViolet

Finally got the darn thing tamed.

It might’ve taken 8 tries, 9 maybe, 7 possibly, but in the end I lost track of how many times I had to start over.

The final time the stupid thing went right into my base and ate one of my favourite brontos. I was considering starting over again but thought that maybe Murphy’s law would come into play. And don’t you know it, the successful attempt was the one that called for me to surrender my sweet Bronto named Bette.

the annoying giga is still currently nameless, but perhaps Murphy would be suitable for this male Pia.

thanks to everyone who had advice and such. Y’all rock!

EA35733B-1F94-44CB-A3A7-D9B56701386A.jpeg

Just now, ScreamingViolet said:

Finally got the darn thing tamed.

It might’ve taken 8 tries, 9 maybe, 7 possibly, but in the end I lost track of how many times I had to start over.

The final time the stupid thing went right into my base and ate one of my favourite brontos. I was considering starting over again but thought that maybe Murphy’s law would come into play. And don’t you know it, the successful attempt was the one that called for me to surrender my sweet Bronto named Bette.

the annoying giga is still currently nameless, but perhaps Murphy would be suitable for this male Pia.

thanks to everyone who had advice and such. Y’all rock!

EA35733B-1F94-44CB-A3A7-D9B56701386A.jpeg

Congrats. I would love to have a giga on my pve server but I would never get it on a boat to herb islsnd. There is tribes all over the server with them but a lot of them have mutations and people keep selling  giga eggs all across the server. But outstanding.?

24 minutes ago, araptor1 said:

Congrats. I would love to have a giga on my pve server but I would never get it on a boat to herb islsnd. There is tribes all over the server with them but a lot of them have mutations and people keep selling  giga eggs all across the server. But outstanding.?

For me it became a case of me just needing to conquer the darn beast. I’ve been getting terrorised by a string of Gigas in my base between the north east mountain and carnivore island - I wonder if my location has anything to do with it hmm lol

im just playing solo so no real need for it beyond being able to say I did it, I need to gain another 8 or so levels before I can even ride it. So I’ve just put it on wander for now and will move it to my southern base next time I’m there. Knowing my luck another wild one will spawn and gobble him up! (Might go move him now lol)

1 minute ago, ScreamingViolet said:

For me it became a case of me just needing to conquer the darn beast. I’ve been getting terrorised by a string of Gigas in my base between the north east mountain and carnivore island - I wonder if my location has anything to do with it hmm lol

im just playing solo so no real need for it beyond being able to say I did it, I need to gain another 8 or so levels before I can even ride it. So I’ve just put it on wander for now and will move it to my southern base next time I’m there. Knowing my luck another wild one will spawn and gobble him up! (Might go move him now lol)

Hope he kills the new one then right. I could never do a giga game solo

1 hour ago, Samuel9811 said:

Hi guys, I’m new to the site and I don’t know how to ask questions on the feed. I’m playing ark on mobile. How do you equip your tranquil arrows and tranquil darts? Thanks 

Hey @Samuel9811, you can acces the main/General part of the mobile section of the ark forums Right here. There should be a button you can hit to start a new thread 

as for equipping the arrows once once you’ve added your bow to your hot bar you can open your inventory and just drag the Tranq Arrows over to the bow in your hot bar. It should then show you a count of your arrows and the icon of your bow should show the cute little green arrows. There may be another way to do it if you don’t want your bow in your hot bar, but this is how I do it.

1 hour ago, PHANTOMKAMI said:

Well if close ur base is gigas spawn point it's better u don't have mes giga there make historia house away cause a wild gigas can kill it easy

Are wild giga attracted to tame Gigas? 

I just discovered that I can’t request him. I had planned on going to my main base and moving him via request and I’m not at level 96 (or whatever it is) to craft a giga saddle.

im guessing it will be a long kite ride home!

5 hours ago, PHANTOMKAMI said:

If u have some Amber with 30 in tanery u can buy it. Another opción more hard it's with follow .

Not atract like itchy megalodon but if any giga go down it's better not give chance.

Thanks @PHANTOMKAMI I didn’t know I could get the saddle that way. I love the ways the mobile game has built in all these little ways to help us along our ark journey, even though it’s a paid feature they even give us an easy way to get premium currency for free.

ive been saving my amber to buy a gold necklace, but it will probably be worth it to not have to wait until I reach lvl 96 (or whatever it is), as it’s going to take me a long long while to get there!

53 minutes ago, zZStalkerZz said:

Clearing Snow cave also gives u Giga saddle.

That’s good to know, thanks a bunch.

im having a few major struggles with that cave, some due to lack of skill/enough strength, others, some rather big glitches,

ive managed to get the chip from a lvl 115 dire wolf and am heading back to revive and tame it, then run it through some of the easier caves to beef it up first, then I’m going back in. 

On a scale of caves from easy to difficult I'd probably rate the snow cave medium boring. A frog plus metal spike walls and 720 insulation will get you to the artifact. Dont jump in the water and you'll be fine. My frog is imprinted and I went through the swamp cave(also easy) to get to about level 50 had 700 life 300 melee just put some metal spikes dont bother with that dire wolf stuff I'll post a video on my YouTube and link it in a few days. However, I've done the snow cave 10 times maybe and never gotten a giga saddle but I've got lots of rex saddles, compound bows, scuba gear, and gas masks.

Archived