Expected New things in Extinction!

Guest chancho33015

Guest chancho33015

So we have 1 month left before the new DLC Extinction comes out. So far we know:

1. Two biomes: In this case they will not be like in the previews maps where there are different geographical regions where we clearly see changes in the natural environment like a tundra biome or Arctic biome. However, we have so far confirmed 2 different types of civilizations. One deals more with what seems to be an old ruined city/extinct element infused landscape.

2. Confirmed Creatures:
Most of the old dinos and in some cases a corrupted version of the old ones.

Corrupted variants can be found wandering around Earth, most notably in No Man's Land. These dino/creatures have been infected by Element.png Element to the point where their minds are under a "hive-mentality", rendering them untameable, and must be killed as they are extremely aggressive (even naturally skittish creatures).

NEW ONES: Cave Beast: Enforcer, Gacha, Gasbag, Owl, Scout, Wyrm.
Small bosses: Titans (three different version of the same)

3. New added gameplay:

Well, the rumor says that there will be element gathering in a more unique way. Supposedly, there will be a place where you and your tribe can fight these corrupted dinos in waves. However, keep in mind we haven't seen any of this in any of the trailers so far. 

Also, new possible tek balls (pokeballs) where you could store your dinos! If this is true this simple addition will save all the problems with overpopulated dino servers. #gamechanger

Another rumor is the addition of flying boxes where you can move your base from one side of the map via this method. We haven't seen that yet on any trailer...so dont get your hopes up.

One thing to keep in mind is that it was confirmed that the obelisk (at least one) has some type of cave... however, the rumor says it might be a water cave... that part is not confirmed. 

This is as far as we know so far about extinction!

Things that a lot of people are expecting:

New building structures.

New Armors.

New weapon.

New Tek tear...an upper division of the tek tier we got now. (that might be that possible robot/gundam looking thing the developers posted on twitter) 

New mechanics on the corrupted dinos.

New tools (like a better version of the spyglass)

Well, i just wanted to summarize what I have read and heard so far...

Hopefully if you are a new player you can see where Ark stands at the moment. 

If you are a new player of Ark, this might be the best time to buy it if you are new as it is the last DLC in regards to the story. It is the best time to get it because Ark will be solving the rimaning issues it has from that point on since there is no DLC in the works to be release soon after this one.

Things to expect as a new player on OFficial PC servers:

PVP:

Under meshing (exploit that hasn't been fixed yet).

Duping (though more rare by the day)...but on pvp is more common than on pve.

Adult language if you are young... (if you are a parent be ready to turn off official chat! lol )

PVE:

Cap Dino Servers (means you cant tame or grow dinos)

Pillared Regions (means you cant build where you want)

Last but definitely  not least, expect on NEW DLC release all new servers to be overpopulated!  So don't kill your self about buying this game on release day. You are probably not going to be able to play on the new servers for at least 2 weeks while they measure the population to see if they need to add more servers.

Guest chancho33015
2 hours ago, RasFW said:

If you want to play the expansion on release and not fight for slots, I highly suggest checking out an unofficial server. 

Find your fit before release day so you dont go into the unknown as far as rates and mods go.

That is a good suggestion! 

Anyone that is new could play solo mode or join an unofficial server. Rates are always higher and its usually easier cause it takes less time to breed, gathere, and tame.

• Volunteer Moderator

Firstly the information on the Wiki is far from official.

We do not yet know for certain whether the big flying creature is a Titan. I'm suspecting it will be but it has not been confirmed. There will also be 4 Titans, not 3.

There has been no confirmation of the following creatures:

• Alpha Wyvern
  • Alpha Rex
  • Alpha Raptor
  • Alpha Carno
  • Quetzal
  • Mammoth

Just because there are normal and corrupted variants doesn't mean there will be Alphas. Take Aberration for example, there are no Alpha Raptors or Alpha Carnos there.

Quetzal and Mammoth maybe I missed them in screenshots but I don't recall seeing them. I thought there might be a Mammoth in the background of the one with Forest Titan but it's not enough to say for sure.

3 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I’m just hoping the Tek Cryochamber (dino freeze station) ends up becoming what I think it will be; turning dinos into structures and reducing the tribe dino count.

I don't understand why everyone seems to think that these tek balls or whatever their being called will reduce dino counts.  I don't think wildcards intention with this mechanic is for long term storage.  It seems its more for getting dinos around easier.  Say you're going to do a boss fight so you freeze everything to easily bring it to the ob, but what happens if someone else tames a bunch while you are traveling, then would you be unable to unfreeze them?  Just doesn't make sense to me that it would affect the cap at all.  This is just my guess and I could very well be wrong but most of their mechanics are based around pvp not pve so I highly doub't this will change the caps at all.  I don't really care as I only play pvp, but I see this idea tossed around a lot lately and I wouldn't get your hopes up.

4 minutes ago, DizzyDo said:

I don't understand why everyone seems to think that these tek balls or whatever their being called will reduce dino counts.  I don't think wildcards intention with this mechanic is for long term storage.  It seems its more for getting dinos around easier.  Say you're going to do a boss fight so you freeze everything to easily bring it to the ob, but what happens if someone else tames a bunch while you are traveling, then would you be unable to unfreeze them?  Just doesn't make sense to me that it would affect the cap at all.  This is just my guess and I could very well be wrong but most of their mechanics are based around pvp not pve so I highly doub't this will change the caps at all.  I don't really care as I only play pvp, but I see this idea tossed around a lot lately and I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Every reference I can find would seem to back this up. According to the wiki through the PC gamer article its suggests that the tek balls degrade over time. It sounds almost exactly like the fish baskets out of Aberration.

https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-extinction/

"Want to get weird? Or at least, weirder? Extinction will introduce a cryochamber that will allow you to freeze creatures into "ice cube form," and then carry them around in your pocket. Sort of a pocket monster that you can then deploy as needed (though these ice cubes will slowly degrade in your pocket). The cubes are still heavy, but make for an easier way to transport dinos than having to lead them through the world (and while frozen, they won't need to be fed). Studio Wildcard suggests this will also make for a good way to trade dinosaurs with other players, as anyone collecting a cube can claim its contents (which also means if another player kills you, they can take your cubes)."

Guest chancho33015
21 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Every reference I can find would seem to back this up. According to the wiki through the PC gamer article its suggests that the tek balls degrade over time. It sounds almost exactly like the fish baskets out of Aberration.

https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-extinction/

"Want to get weird? Or at least, weirder? Extinction will introduce a cryochamber that will allow you to freeze creatures into "ice cube form," and then carry them around in your pocket. Sort of a pocket monster that you can then deploy as needed (though these ice cubes will slowly degrade in your pocket). The cubes are still heavy, but make for an easier way to transport dinos than having to lead them through the world (and while frozen, they won't need to be fed). Studio Wildcard suggests this will also make for a good way to trade dinosaurs with other players, as anyone collecting a cube can claim its contents (which also means if another player kills you, they can take your cubes)."

you are right, they have said that they will degrade over time... but if they are smart enough they can make it where it doesnt decay over time...

if they do the decay, then no one will have a reason to use them... cause what would be the point? just to transfer dinos in and out of the oby? or to throw inside someones base? i mean...in pvp...just adding the pokeballs will be hell...just imagine now carrying a a giga in your pocket! 

If they are smart enough they might understand not putting that tek devise in pvp...but it will work on pve. As it will help clean up the map...only if they dont auto decay. 

on pvp is another story, i can already see people quitting after they see how mess up things are about to become by adding that even with auto decay...

However, my point is...pve official would be greatly benefit if this things don't auto decay. and if people could put dinos inside this cryo chamber indefinitly all maps will never suffer from having dinos causing rendering problems, or people building huge ugly and unnecessary bases, and it  will also allow allies to live close to each other as the need of "big spaces" will disappear...

Guest chancho33015
On 10/21/2018 at 12:44 PM, GP said:

Firstly the information on the Wiki is far from official.

We do not yet know for certain whether the big flying creature is a Titan. I'm suspecting it will be but it has not been confirmed. There will also be 4 Titans, not 3.

There has been no confirmation of the following creatures:

• Alpha Wyvern
  • Alpha Rex
  • Alpha Raptor
  • Alpha Carno
  • Quetzal
  • Mammoth

Just because there are normal and corrupted variants doesn't mean there will be Alphas. Take Aberration for example, there are no Alpha Raptors or Alpha Carnos there.

Quetzal and Mammoth maybe I missed them in screenshots but I don't recall seeing them. I thought there might be a Mammoth in the background of the one with Forest Titan but it's not enough to say for sure.

well, the information i gathered was from their official wiki. But that doesn't mean is the official release. More like...we are thinking about this ? 

One thing is certain, the tekballs are going to be a make it or brake it thing. Might be a "Climbing Pick" mistake to put it on on pvp...but for Pve if done right might solve every major issue!

If the pokeball "tekball" is implemented to store dinos for pve officia... all of these problems are fixed:

1. Rendering 500 dinos no more.

2. Big bases: no longer need to build as an individual community but promotes allies to live together as a tribe.

3. no more pillar problem. Cause people will no longer need to claim land to story 500 dinos per tribe. If you were to undefinitly store dinos without timer or expiration time inside of a tek devise for ever.

4. more people would move to PVE from pvp as it allows players to have more land to share to have fun as PVP is optional on PVE. (i have been playing war with my friends on pve and it has been the best experience ever since there is no ill will or toxic environment since everything is controlled by players). 

5. Allows players to at least keep enjoying taming if dinos are able to be placed on inventories like the cryo chamber doesnt decay dinos inside or expire...so people can collect more dinos to have fun with the taming experience!

6. it prevents people to grif. It will harder since dinos are going to be inside a building in a tek devise.

7. and last but not least...no more..."my dino starved to death" cause i am guessing store dinos will not eat while in cryo stasis. 

If ark devs have really thought about this... they will see how greatly pve will become. 

However, pvp is another matter...i see a sea of problems coming from this "tekball" if its going to work as they say...

I can see pvp disappearing if another "climbing pick" tool comes and causes more problems than it helps the game...

Tek ball is a double edge sword... for pvp.

Guest chancho33015
22 hours ago, ToXiN said:

#not

hopefully...but is not certain that Ark devs will  do that.

For pvp i see a lot of problems coming...if they add tekballs...

For pve...i think if dinos dont decay or expire inside of them...it will make it the best way to play ark for sure.

56 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

you are right, they have said that they will degrade over time... but if they are smart enough they can make it where it doesnt decay over time...

if they do the decay, then no one will have a reason to use them... cause what would be the point? just to transfer dinos in and out of the oby? or to throw inside someones base? i mean...in pvp...just adding the pokeballs will be hell...just imagine now carrying a a giga in your pocket! 

If they are smart enough they might understand not putting that tek devise in pvp...but it will work on pve. As it will help clean up the map...only if they dont auto decay. 

on pvp is another story, i can already see people quitting after they see how mess up things are about to become by adding that even with auto decay...

However, my point is...pve official would be greatly benefit if this things don't auto decay. and if people could put dinos inside this cryo chamber indefinitly all maps will never suffer from having dinos causing rendering problems, or people building huge ugly and unnecessary bases, and it  will also allow allies to live close to each other as the need of "big spaces" will disappear...

Lets hope as you say, WC do the smart thing then. Havent got high hopes for this, but it would be great it the did not implement a decay timer for it in PvE. Imagine it, a vault full of dinos all sorted into individual folders, it would be almost like the Pokemon Pc system lol.

Yeah I see how it could be a problem in PvP "Gigachu I chose you ! ".  

• Volunteer Moderator
43 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

well, the information i gathered was from their official wiki. But that doesn't mean is the official release. More like...we are thinking about this ? 

Well actually it's more like, it is information populated by people not associated with Wildcard. It may be labelled as official ARK wiki, but it is not updated by Wildcard staff. That's why any information on there regarding Extinction should be taken as rumour unless officially confirmed by Wildcard here, or in trailer videos or twitter etc.

17 minutes ago, GP said:

Well actually it's more like, it is information populated by people not associated with Wildcard. It may be labelled as official ARK wiki, but it is not updated by Wildcard staff. That's why any information on there regarding Extinction should be taken as rumour unless officially confirmed by Wildcard here, or in trailer videos or twitter etc.

Image result for IF IT'S ON THE INTERNET IT MUST BE TRUE

Just going to drop this here regarding the cryopods from the new digest. Am pleasantly surprised lol:

"Survivor Caleb asks, "Is the dev team currently working on a long-term solution to improve the quality of life/tame cap issues on PVE? If so, could the team provide us with some details?"

We think that Cryopods coming in Extinction should help with this problem directly. When a creature has been captured into a Cryopod, it does not count against the tame cap of the server. In addition, Cryopods can be kept forever in a Cryofridge with power, arming players with a powerful tool to work around the limitations of the cap."

On 10/21/2018 at 9:55 PM, DizzyDo said:

Boom I was right! From lead developer Chris W:

We think that Cryopods coming in Extinction should help with this problem directly. When a creature has been captured into a Cryopod, it does not count against the tame cap of the server. In addition, Cryopods can be kept forever in a Cryofridge with power, arming players with a powerful tool to work around the limitations of the cap.”

Guest chancho33015
5 hours ago, GP said:

good point. 

Now that you mention it...we should probably not call it official wiki then...just the wiki. However, tell me if i am wrong but i think they do revise it for spoilers and other things like excessive speculation...

Guest chancho33015
17 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Boom I was right! From lead developer Chris W:

We think that Cryopods coming in Extinction should help with this problem directly. When a creature has been captured into a Cryopod, it does not count against the tame cap of the server. In addition, Cryopods can be kept forever in a Cryofridge with power, arming players with a powerful tool to work around the limitations of the cap.”

Well, i think you have answered my friend the most important question of them all! That is great news!

Where did he answered this question?! might be a good idea to link the tweet or facebook post where they answered that so people know is true! 

if that is true...you just made me the happiest ark player alive ? 

3 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

Well, i think you have answered my friend the most important question of them all! That is great news!

Where did he answered this question?! might be a good idea to link the tweet or facebook post where they answered that so people know is true! 

if that is true...you just made me the happiest ark player alive ? 

It’s in the latest Ark digest (community crunch) on this very site here.

As I only play PvE nowadays, my idea for my private cluster will be to make a bank for long term storage of items/dinos for players who leave but wish to come back at a later date, in order to free up building space on the map.

So in this expansion we will get more over powered flying dinos? Awesome! Now there will be even less reason to bother using land dinos. I always hated the fact that it took me 5 minutes to zip across the map on my Griffin. Hopefully this new expansion gives us a Tek Burner that we can bolt on the back for increased speed. Instant travel should be a thing.

Also loving all the new dinos. Those Tek variants will make gameplay much more dynamic and fresh. It will be like a new game. It is very important though to make sure you get the paint schemes right I want to be able to paint my new Tek dinos really cool colors like a rainbow.

10 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

good point. 

Now that you mention it...we should probably not call it official wiki then...just the wiki. However, tell me if i am wrong but i think they do revise it for spoilers and other things like excessive speculation...

They mentioned they wanted stats and info based on the official setting. While the people who handles the site aren't Wildcard, that doesn't meant they should remove "official wiki". Besides, the Gamepedia staff wanted it to have the "official" on it (most, if not all, gamepedia pertaining games will have the "Official" written on it anyways)

3 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

So in this expansion we will get more over powered flying dinos? Awesome! Now there will be even less reason to bother using land dinos. I always hated the fact that it took me 5 minutes to zip across the map on my Griffin. Hopefully this new expansion gives us a Tek Burner that we can bolt on the back for increased speed. Instant travel should be a thing.

Also loving all the new dinos. Those Tek variants will make gameplay much more dynamic and fresh. It will be like a new game. It is very important though to make sure you get the paint schemes right I want to be able to paint my new Tek dinos really cool colors like a rainbow.

Well, most of the map aside from Aberration are open-based, so flying would be mostly the way to go. "Over-powered flying dino", I won't say any of them appears overpowered, but rather 'unique' would be the way to go. And we already have an instant travel: Bed and Teleporter. :v

I am not sure if the Tek variant will appear in Extinction, but I expect them to.

Archived