Quiting Ark because of Server Cap

Guest EnergyDrink

3 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Saw it happen once on official PvE back in the day lol. Went to help a guy pick up the pieces of his base, after an ally of his went to war and he got caught in the crossfire. Poor soul was so confused until we told him it was because of the alliance system.

wait, so you are telling me if one of your alliance go to war with another tribe, your tribe is part of it too? 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jpcab said:

Dude half of the stuff and dinos on pve are useless. They have no meaning...and u r talking  about empirical?

Dam.

Let me fix your statement. "Dude, half the stuff and dinos on pve are useless IN MY OPINION"

You keep using words that have an absolute meaning. If it drops hide, meat or keratin thats their "use" on the most basic level.

They have no meaning to your playstyle and preferences. Sure I find the mirror to be pretty much useless but if building nice looking structures that actually look like houses is your thing they have a great use. Hell, if someone likes to play RP servers they could be a sad soap vendor just looking to make even one sale from their worthless product. 

Again, this is a sandbox game. Your preferences dont mean jack if someone plays the game in a completely opposite way.

Fly around a pve server and you will see a much higher variation of tames people use and the way they build. We arn't stuck to a meta just to stand a chance. If you like a wolf better than a thyla then you can use a wolf with pretty much zero impact to your gameplay. Think past the way you play and look at things through the lens of others that think the way you play is pointless and a poop experience.

On a closing note, nobody is right or wrong in a sandbox. All that matters is you get the experience you want and don't tell others they are doing it wrong. Im glad you like pvp and to you its the complete experience, but dont assume everyone else should feel the same way.

Just my 0.02 as always

On 10/22/2018 at 10:41 PM, ishootpaint said:

Let me fix your statement. "Dude, half the stuff and dinos on pve are useless IN MY OPINION"

You keep using words that have an absolute meaning. If it drops hide, meat or keratin thats their "use" on the most basic level.

They have no meaning to your playstyle and preferences. Sure I find the mirror to be pretty much useless but if building nice looking structures that actually look like houses is your thing they have a great use. Hell, if someone likes to play RP servers they could be a sad soap vendor just looking to make even one sale from their worthless product. 

Again, this is a sandbox game. Your preferences dont mean jack if someone plays the game in a completely opposite way.

Fly around a pve server and you will see a much higher variation of tames people use and the way they build. We arn't stuck to a meta just to stand a chance. If you like a wolf better than a thyla then you can use a wolf with pretty much zero impact to your gameplay. Think past the way you play and look at things through the lens of others that think the way you play is pointless and a poop experience.

On a closing note, nobody is right or wrong in a sandbox. All that matters is you get the experience you want and don't tell others they are doing it wrong. Im glad you like pvp and to you its the complete experience, but dont assume everyone else should feel the same way.

Just my 0.02 as always

This comment is the best I have seen in a long time.

Hi there,

I didn't read all of the posts as some of them were geared to PVP and not at all of interest to me. The game may have *been designed* that way, but it isn't just that way anymore.

and I personally have no need of people wanting to kill me for my stuff or just for sport.

Anyway, I have had this issue many times. I've been on 3 island servers total, 2 on AB , 1 on SE, 1 on rag and I have a private server.

I still have the chars on AB, SE, 2 island servers and rag.

(It was very hard to get established on rag, it took time and friends to help me get there)

Servers get capped, they get pillared. It's just a fact.

However that being said, as others have also said--- you can wait it out. People leave, they have no patience or people have issues

come up real life and lose their stuff, they come back.. no dinos.. they move on.

All this is good news to people still on the server as it isn't capped for awhile. I am breeding, rex, thery,giga and misc other things.

Sometimes I can hatch an egg or a baby dino no issue, I even tamed another oviraptor the other day without cap! I was super happy.

But you just have to be patient and deal with what you have when it's capped.

This also depends on if you like the server population you deal with. I love the characters and personalities on my servers so I stay, cap or not.

To fulfill the itch of breeding and trying new things, I also have a private server that I, my sister and close friends play on.

The basic structure is similar to official as I want to practice boss fights etc. I do have rates of harvest, maturation etc turned up so I can

just get to the meat of the battles etc.

I've only been playing since June, so I'm not a veteran however I have found ways to make this work to my advantage. It just takes

time and dedication.

I wish you much success.

11 hours ago, ishootpaint said:

Just my 0.02 as always

I totally agree with this statement. So many people want to tell others how to play the game or how it is *intended* obviously there are other ways to play or said dinos wouldn't even exist.

30 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The thread isn't about PVE vs PVP.

Stay on the original topic from the OP as he's asked multiple times now.

The original topic was a goodbye post...we should all just say bye bye.

@Sativa420 thanks for the post about playing both official and unofficial servers at same time. Most seem to think it's like cheating on your wife (aka official) to also play some unofficial.

16 hours ago, ishootpaint said:

Just my 0.02 as always

Unfortunately you are wrong. Most of the dinos serve no purpose or there is a superior one.
When you have a giga, you don't use a dodo to kill other dinos.

1 hour ago, ToXiN said:

Unfortunately you are wrong. Most of the dinos serve no purpose or there is a superior one.
When you have a giga, you don't use a dodo to kill other dinos.

Your right, I wont use a dodo when i have a giga. But I could if i wanted without much recourse other than having my dodo killed. I never said there were not tames that work better than others, thats just game progression. The point I was making was in pve you have that freedom to use somthing you like even if there is a better alternative. In pvp using carnos instead of gigas to raid/defend means defeat.

The whole point of the post was to illustrate how nobody here is right and nobody is wrong. Its up to you and how you play. And honestly if they took out the dinos that dont have alot of uses to the average player there wouldn't be much diversity. Sure once you have a beetle the pig is obsolete, but you still kill it with your giga to feed dinos since they have a high meat drop rate.

20 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Saw it happen once on official PvE back in the day lol. Went to help a guy pick up the pieces of his base, after an ally of his went to war and he got caught in the crossfire. Poor soul was so confused until we told him it was because of the alliance system.

Ahh man, if that happened to me I wouldn't know where to start over again haha. My allies are pretty sound to be fair and they would probably let me know they were going to war before they agreed to it - giving me time to pull out of the alliance if I didnt want in.

It does put in a good idea for me though... I may build a little castle type building, add some defences, and agree some rules with an ally of mine - get them to do the same and have a mini battle - see which design stays for longest. The rules would have to not include main bases though and no mega dinos... just something for a laugh :)

2 hours ago, Anarki said:

Ahh man, if that happened to me I wouldn't know where to start over again haha. My allies are pretty sound to be fair and they would probably let me know they were going to war before they agreed to it - giving me time to pull out of the alliance if I didnt want in.

It does put in a good idea for me though... I may build a little castle type building, add some defences, and agree some rules with an ally of mine - get them to do the same and have a mini battle - see which design stays for longest. The rules would have to not include main bases though and no mega dinos... just something for a laugh :)

Yeah I was glad it wasnt me. There wasnt much left. Thankfully I was the same with my allies.

Now thats my idea of some light hearted PvPing. Could do all sorts such as capture the flag or just general seiges especially primitive style.

13 minutes ago, MostSpy said:

IMO wildcard deliberately and maliciously applies the cap.

During 2x they flick the switch to make it capped almost always, then back to normal on Tuesday when no one logs on. Funny that.

It’s almost like having a cap prevents the server from underperforming. You do release that no server, no matter what it’s hardware capabilities, will always have a cap, right? No server is infinite, and on PvE it’s inevitable that it gets reached unlike PvP, but get this, both modes have the same server cap of ~5500. To put it into perspective, on a fresh PvE server, up to 11 tribes could have 500 (tribe cap) dinos each and immediately cap out the server.

When I first started playing Ark, as a doe eyed young boy, I only played on official servers. I realized the first of many wars starts right after starting the game. I wanted to play on a Ragnarok map and all the servers were 70/70. I found myself competing to log on a server. I’m talented with my fingers so eventually I got in after a couple of hours, tapping the login button like a mad man. When I finally awoke on the beach with this thing on my arm, I spent the hours of the day running naked along the beach, only to fight other tribes in another war... the pillar war! 2 wars back to back, so much chaos. After hours spent running and dying over and over and over again, I found my special place. Once I was established after spending my whole weekend pillaring and getting setup, I had to return to work the next day... and my girlfriend. 

Due to having a life, I couldn’t log on every day. All I could think about was the madness occurring on official servers, the logins, pillars, etc. When i could log on after enjoying another round of login wars, I found the servers were tame capped only after a few weeks. As other games released and my desire to play them grew, I knew I only had one choice left. I climbed the highest mountain I could find and sacrificed my body to the gods.

After some time away I got the itch to play again. I did not want to waste my time again with all of the toxic wars and battles. I hated the idea of playing on unofficial. When I finally took the plunge to try it out, I found nirvana. It was here this whole time, right in front of me. I spend more time doing the things I enjoy, without the fear of login wars, pillar wars, or tame caps. Unofficial is the bees knees! 

13 minutes ago, Rotix said:

I found nirvana.

Great description.  Some people like official servers and good for them. But the settings aren't really designed for people with jobs, kids, other responsibilities. I just wished more people who were unhappy with official servers would try out unofficial servers instead of these goodbye I am quitting drama posts.

Archived