Quiting Ark because of Server Cap

Guest EnergyDrink

1 hour ago, jpcab said:

Thats a nice speech...yet..

Fact:

U will only have a full experience of this game if u play pvp. In breeding..in building. .everything

Thats a fact. 

Now...u or anyone can play the game whatever or however he wants but the fact above remains what it is.A fact 

I agree and disagree. Yes ark was primarily PVP and yes you can experience how ark was created, very competitive but yet again its hard for newcomers to start and enjoy the game with limited of time if they keep coming back ingame with their dinos and base wiped out. You must be consistent and know people to remain in the server. It can be overwhelming.

PVE atleast brings you some type of security of knowing that once you log back on you still have your stuff how u left it. Makes it easier for newcomers to actually enjoy the game with a limited of time.

There is two different ways to enjoy ark, there is no right way, it all depends how you would like to spend your time.

Back to the topic, you should not quit ark due to server being capped. my current server is usually off and on but our tribe is pretty big that we usually export or kill dinos off when we want to tame something. There is ways around it once you build up. There is always bases with several dinos 'poofing' out the server. just look for a decent server 80 *cough* and you'll be alright.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold out for a bit longer is my suggestion but also consider unofficial. There are some unofficial clusters that stay around longterm, just do your research ahead of time. Unofficial also has people that'll actually help you same day.. sometimes immediately, there's lots of benefits to unofficial if you're careful. 

14 hours ago, EnergyDrink said:

Thank you for replying. But you are kind of getting out of topic. I want someone to respond to the fact that people cannot play the game, because of Server Cap.

You just want us to say how sorry we are for you. It really sucks about the tame cap dude, why cant the devs just raise it bro, ow man you're right on the money with this post, lets all quit with you until they fix official pve as it is the only right way to play ark.

And people proposing actual solutions to you are off topic because this topic is just about feeling sad for you.

If you just wanna see responses on tame cap from other sad pve BOYS then go look at the thousands of other tame cap topics

• Volunteer Moderator

this is not a pvp vs pve thread - and @BaldBudgie slow that roll if you please - treat your fellow forum members with respect and kindness...baiting and flaming is bad and adds nothing to the conversation. we all appreciate your understanding in this matter. 

43 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

this is not a pvp vs pve thread - and @BaldBudgie slow that roll if you please - treat your fellow forum members with respect and kindness...baiting and flaming is bad and adds nothing to the conversation. we all appreciate your understanding in this matter. 

Baiting? 

The guy is shooting down other peoples viable solutions as off topic. Why even start this thread then. Its clear he don't wanna solve anything he just wanna complain about the tame cap. That trigger me as I think we have plenty of other threads like that.

18 hours ago, EnergyDrink said:

Thank you for replying. But you are kind of getting out of topic. I want someone to respond to the fact that people cannot play the game, because of Server Cap.

There is a false premise in here that the game is unable to be played because most official PVE servers are capped. That isn't true. You can't play the game in the specific, limited, capacity that you imposed upon yourself. There are plenty of ways to play ARK, even with server cap on many PVE servers. As some have said, you are free to wait patiently and play the game without taming until space opens up. You are free to move to unofficial and enjoy uncapped servers. You are free to host your own servers or to play solo. All of these are valid ways to "play the game" even with the server cap. 

But if you want to quit, then go for it. I can guarantee you that there isn't a single soul that will lose sleep over the fact that you chose to stop playing a game because a single aspect of  a single game mode wasn't up to your expectations. 

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, BaldBudgie said:

That trigger me

this is the issue obviously - as stated in the OP that they are a pve player - a better response would've been "nothing can be done till WC does it" or something. telling someone that plays pve to play pvp isnt really a solution, as you evidently think. we have plenty of threads about tame cap for sure, and most are hijacked into pvp vs pve. this will not be one. maybe you should read again

3 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

You just want us to say how sorry we are for you. It really sucks about the tame cap dude, why cant the devs just raise it bro, ow man you're right on the money with this post, lets all quit with you until they fix official pve as it is the only right way to play ark.

And people proposing actual solutions to you are off topic because this topic is just about feeling sad for you.

If you just wanna see responses on tame cap from other sad pve BOYS then go look at the thousands of other tame cap topics

that is inflammatory, it is baiting the Op into a response and is flaming pve players. i ask that you explain yourself without outright trying to offend those of us that pve. i will again thank you for understanding...

3 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

this is the issue obviously - as stated in the OP that they are a pve player - a better response would've been "nothing can be done till WC does it" or something. telling someone that plays pve to play pvp isnt really a solution, as you evidently think. we have plenty of threads about tame cap for sure, and most are hijacked into pvp vs pve. this will not be one. maybe you should read again

that is inflammatory, it is baiting the Op into a response and is flaming pve players. i ask that you explain yourself without outright trying to offend those of us that pve. i will again thank you for understanding...

I'm not saying "Go PVP". I'm saying go unofficial. That is the viable solution EnergyDrink is calling off topic. I like the game as pve as well, but its very clear to me, and should be to everyone by now, that official pve isn't functioning. 

Fine, i'll dial it down. I live in a nation decended from Vikings, we're not as sensitive as some people from other countries apparently ?

A lot of people get hung up on the cap including myself and with good reason as it is a huge part of the game. This will never change but as many people have said previously there is a lot more things to do in the game. I was aggravated because of the tame cap as well and even left for 7 months. I started back on a fresh server and it was hard capped within a month because of the Walmart Tribes moved in with all their colorful dinos. I know a lot of tribes willing to give older dinos to new players or at least on my servers I play on. If it is a Walmart tribe then don't bother they are in the game for themselves and to trade for real money. Who knows what will happen when Extinction comes out.  Kick back do new things and try to enjoy the whole game. Just my 2 cents. 

Guest EnergyDrink

I wonder what are the reasons of WildCard, not dealing with this issue:
* It is useful, because then people buy new expansions with the hope of not dealing with cap in new servers.
* They just dont care.
* They genuinely don't know how to solve this problem.
* They are solving it, just very slowly.

Also, to all of those that offer to play PVP, thanks, but no. I like other aspects of the game. Breeding, building base, taming new creatures, doing boss fights, farming.

i am not here to complain, but more to get some info, from people who maybe knows some insider information, or staff member, who knows about this problem and how it is being addressed in WC.

P.S. I reached "posts per day", so couldnt respond earlier.

P.P.S. Really hoping that Extinction might make some people migrate to it, and leave other maps.

P.P.P.S. ..but Extinction will not probably be launching at Nov 6.. Maybe next year hopefully :)

On 10/18/2018 at 9:44 PM, jpcab said:

No man. Its a fact .

Ill refrain from going any further with this thread after this as I want us all to have own opinion and not be a sheep and follow the head sheep.

FACT:

The developers have made this game both PvP and PvE - even with PvP being first, there is no one way of playing it. The developers have evolved this game over and over again to allow different mode types and allow players to enjoy the game how they see fit (within some boundaries ofc i.e. no griefing etc).

PvP or PvE - a full experience can be had in both... that is purely FACT and is justified by many comments previously displayed.

I hope all players can enjoy both PvE and PvP but neither is above the other, including game skills as there are many different skillsets with either gamestyle.

Good luck and enjoy 'your' ARK experience.

Thanks and goodnight

*drops the mic*

2 hours ago, Anarki said:

Ill refrain from going any further with this thread after this as I want us all to have own opinion and not be a sheep and follow the head sheep.

FACT:

The developers have made this game both PvP and PvE - even with PvP being first, there is no one way of playing it. The developers have evolved this game over and over again to allow different mode types and allow players to enjoy the game how they see fit (within some boundaries ofc i.e. no griefing etc).

PvP or PvE - a full experience can be had in both... that is purely FACT and is justified by many comments previously displayed.

I hope all players can enjoy both PvE and PvP but neither is above the other, including game skills as there are many different skillsets with either gamestyle.

Good luck and enjoy 'your' ARK experience.

Thanks and goodnight

*drops the mic*

Nope. U r wrong. In pve u can t have a full experience of this game.

Good luck to u too man

43 minutes ago, jpcab said:

Nope. U r wrong. In pve u can t have a full experience of this game.

Good luck to u too man

im a PVE player and i actually agree with you to a certain extent. yes PVP servers have the full experience since they are able to destroy and go against tribes without any restrictions breed etc etc. In PVE you dont have the privilege to damage anyones bases nor the player, which is considered not the full experience BUT, with that being turned off it allows you to build crazy/creative bases and breeding whatsoever, knowing your hard work will not be destroyed by any player. Which i consider an experience that PVP does not have.. comfortability 

5 minutes ago, jpcab said:

I m sure my english is a lot better than your knowledge of my native language.U got the point thats what matters 

It seems to me u have some kind  a problem.  Get over it..use your own advice. I don t give a fak if u like or not my opinion. 

I said get over yourself. Not the problem. Plenty solutions and ideas have been posted and all you do is shoot them down. So pick one and go play the game and have fun instead of arguing with everyone. 

2 hours ago, jpcab said:

But u ll never have a full experience of this game.

Its not even worth to discuss this..

Its a fact.

Well seing as "full experience" is up to what kind of experience the player is looking for makes it not a fact.

The only fact is the only thing missing from pve is well... Pvp. And even that could happen by the war feature on pve but ive never seen it nor heard of it happening. 

This is a sandbox game, there is no full experience or correct way to play. Its up to the player to determine what their "full experience" is. People playing single player are getting their preferred experience as much as a hardcore pvper.

Your confusing a personal fact/truth with an empirical one. Both are facts but ones a strong opinion and the latter is a universal one.

Sandbox game = Play however you want because there is no one right way to play it. So dont say its how the Devs intended for it to be played, because it was well intended to add pve and modding even if pvp came first. And very much intended for their game to be a sandbox.

So now ill crawl back into my dark hole and wait for the hate.

20 minutes ago, ishootpaint said:

The only fact is the only thing missing from pve is well... Pvp. And even that could happen by the war feature on pve but ive never seen it nor heard of it happening. 

Saw it happen once on official PvE back in the day lol. Went to help a guy pick up the pieces of his base, after an ally of his went to war and he got caught in the crossfire. Poor soul was so confused until we told him it was because of the alliance system.

Archived