Quiting Ark because of Server Cap

Guest EnergyDrink

Guest EnergyDrink

So guys, could anyone give some motivation or some hope.
I play on aberation, and had a little base on Island with 5 dinos.
It recently got capped, and now i have spent several days traveling through Island and ScorchedEarth servers, and have not yet found a server that is not capped, or is at the 99% of cap, and one day is off other day is on.

I really want to play Ark Survival Evolved, but I cannot because there is no servers to play on.

I only play on Official, and love it, but the server cap is killing the game.
Could anyone from WC/Staff please respond with some argument that helped me?

1500hours+ of gameplay.

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/18/2018 at 8:41 AM, Aylana314159 said:

I still don't get the "only play official" mentality.

PVP official is always an option, since this way how the game was designed.

unofficial is a limited time thing due to a small compartmentalized community, no cross-ark global trading, potential for corrupt GMs, and the server lives or dies based on how long the admin can afford paying for hosting.

It is not everyone's cup of tea.

Just now, Demerus said:

unofficial is a limited time thing due to a small community, no cross-ark global trading, potential for corrupt GMs, and the server lives or dies based on how long the admin decides.

It is not everyone's cup of tea.

I get that. But if you cannot tame anyways and are feed up with official servers. Why not give unofficial servers a chance? Instead of just quitting.

Guest EnergyDrink

Thank you for replying. But you are kind of getting out of topic. I want someone to respond to the fact that people cannot play the game, because of Server Cap.

Guest EnergyDrink

Thank you for replying. But you are kind of getting out of topic. I want someone to respond to the fact that people cannot play the game, because of Server Cap.

7 minutes ago, EnergyDrink said:

In that case the response is simple:

As of now, there is nothing you can do about it. Many others have posted before you, similar topics and have faded into oblivion.

Until the cryochamber comes with Extinction there is no way to know how much of an impact it will have on tame cap.

We all have to wait and see.

7 minutes ago, EnergyDrink said:

Not 100% accurate. Many players can still 'play the game' even when capped but it just means you have to wait patiently and keep an eye on when it is capped or not. We are currently at cap, but I'm still playing and doing other things like designing a good looking base - not just making a huge box to house dinos. Upgrade things to metal or go and stock up on artifacts - hell, go and explore caves you havent been in before?

Worst case scenario if you are short on Dino's, ask if any one on your server has anything they are looking to get rid of, as we generally give dino's away very regularly, expecially to newcomers.

ARK is an expansive game and there is so much to do. 

I do agree though that the server cap 'limits' gameplay and it would be great if they could come up with an alternative working solution... I don't expect much from WC on this though.

Lastly, you can be patient and hope that some tribe decides to give up and wait for their base and dino's to go 'poof'.

6 minutes ago, jpcab said:

Change to pvp. Only there u will have the chance of experiencing what is playing ark..i mean truly playing ark. 

I can tell u there r no dino cap servers 

'experience what is playing ark' - Playing ARK is how you want to experience the game, whether that be PvP, PvE, Unofficial or Official. The game is sandbox mode for a reason. You can breed, build, kill, trade or whatever experience you want to make it. 

Don't put a tag on 'experience' as that is not what the developers have done, so why should you?

I would encourage all players to go out and try both PvP and PvE but it doesn't mean one is a more 'true' version than the other. It's how you want to play it that counts.

I switched to unofficial a couple months ago. Taming is x2, maturation time x5 and most other stuff same as on official.

I can transfer to the other expansion maps and they have active admins. Its great, yes the only downside is you never know how long the server will be up. But they told me they arent planning on stopping in the near future and i started donating a small amount each month to help with the costs.

Really, you should try it :)

You can still build yourselfe up in a "capped" server. I started out fresh on a capped server for 2-3 months ago, despite everyone tell you it is capped. It just takes a bit longer time to do it. I started to just being active in the chat, get to know the "right" people on the server to buy the first high lvl dinos, then breed em myselfe. Being nice and help others out can give you great rewards:D There is ways to work around the cap when it comes to breeding. But i do miss being able to tame wild dinos without the fear of it being capped mid taming:P

3 hours ago, Anarki said:

'experience what is playing ark' - Playing ARK is how you want to experience the game, whether that be PvP, PvE, Unofficial or Official. The game is sandbox mode for a reason. You can breed, build, kill, trade or whatever experience you want to make it. 

Don't put a tag on 'experience' as that is not what the developers have done, so why should you?

I would encourage all players to go out and try both PvP and PvE but it doesn't mean one is a more 'true' version than the other. It's how you want to play it that counts.

It’s only true if you play MY WAY.

4 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

You also can’t trust what players say when you visit a new server.  If you ask is this server capped,  everyone is going to say yes.  Each time I hear that I’m able to bring over 10 animals with no problem.

I know that's what I tell them when they ask lol. And as a tip for people looking for a server that isn't at cap, dont go to the ones that dont have as many players. You would think it means theres less tames but it usually means the server is capped so not many people active. This isn't 100% of the time but more people on the server means that they are still able to play as normal or atleast dont hit cap often. Like I said its not always the case but a trend ive observed.

5 hours ago, Anarki said:

Thats a nice speech...yet..

Fact:

U will only have a full experience of this game if u play pvp. In breeding..in building. .everything

Thats a fact. 

Now...u or anyone can play the game whatever or however he wants but the fact above remains what it is.A fact 

47 minutes ago, jpcab said:

Fact:

U will only have a full experience of this game if u play pvp. In breeding..in building. .everything

Thats a fact. 

Now...u or anyone can play the game whatever or however he wants but the fact above remains what it is.A fact 

False lol most pvpers never experience end game stuff on pve tho u can fight boss do ascention all on ur own haha pvp u most likely be wiped every day even on unofficial pvp u will struggle 

1 hour ago, jpcab said:

Fact:

Thats a fact. 

That's like, your opinion, man

Archived