Server won't uncap! Killed 8 and uploaded 12.

AndrewLB

So i'm trying to tame this lvl 174 Tek quetz on an official ragnarok server and no matter how many dinos i kill/upload, it wont come uncapped. only two other players are online and ive killed 7 and uploaded 9. and still no luck. anyone else with a perma-capped server? this Q is gonna starve. Ive never had to kill/upload more than 2-3 to uncap it enough to finish a tame before. Only other reason  i could think of what could be causing this is if the two box tribes that are on are using a macro to download dinos.

@Jatheish

9 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Isn't it because mammal breeding let's you go over server cap?

Yes. But the server is never overcapped more than just a couple. We've now killed/uploaded over 20 dinos between me and an ally. I'm asking around if anyone was doing boss fights yesterday. so far only one  tribe did a fight yesterday.

Just now, AndrewLB said:

Yes. But the server is never overcapped more than just a couple. We've now killed/uploaded over 20 dinos between me and an ally. I'm asking around if anyone was doing boss fights yesterday. so far only one  tribe did a fight yesterday.

How is it that you know exactly how many dinos are over the cap? You have not way of knowing this info.

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Isn't it because mammal breeding let's you go over server cap?

No, to get a mamal pregnant there needs to be a free slot open. Once the baby is inside it counts as a tame. Say there is one server slot left til cap, I get my bear pregnant and when they mate the server will cap since the unborn cub is counting as a tame.

57 minutes ago, ishootpaint said:

No, to get a mamal pregnant there needs to be a free slot open. Once the baby is inside it counts as a tame. Say there is one server slot left til cap, I get my bear pregnant and when they mate the server will cap since the unborn cub is counting as a tame.

So if you have a bunch of mammals ready to breed, then they can just automatically take tame slots?

That sucks and perhaps they know because they are part of a group controlling the tame slots... makes sense to me.

Anywho, my guess for this is an even LOWER tame cap, i asked recently what was the tame cap and i was told 5000, would guess this is still default, now i guess they made it 3000 so lol another move to push people to unofficial more than likely. 

I am on WC side but silence creates alternative answers..that could very well be true, thanks for the help btw but come on you have to talk to your community at some point.

6 minutes ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

Anywho, my guess for this is an even LOWER tame cap, i asked recently what was the tame cap and i was told 5000, would guess this is still default, now i guess they made it 3000 so lol another move to push people to unofficial more than likely. 

You think a stealth server tame cap reduction?

3 minutes ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

Yea, or maybe they are testing a how to fix the issue but that would just be hoping like we have been for years.

What would be cool would be to have sponcered unofficial servers, like the sponcered mod program but with promotion instead of money. And a set of criteria the server admins must adhere to, to prevent admin abuse (or other such complaints).

4 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

How is it that you know exactly how many dinos are over the cap? You have not way of knowing this info.

Considering the fact that there were only two other people on the server, both of which were uploading stuff in order to help out, and we know how many dinos we uploaded/killed, i think that gives a pretty good idea of where dino count was in relation to the cap.

2 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

Considering the fact that there were only two other people on the server, both of which were uploading stuff in order to help out, and we know how many dinos we uploaded/killed, i think that gives a pretty good idea of where dino count was in relation to the cap.

Not if mammals are getting pregnant while their owners are offline as you open up slots.

If your "count" was correct then there wouldn't be a issue.

2 hours ago, Demerus said:

Aside from the mammal breeding you also have to take twins and triplets into account not only for mammals but hatches as well.

The number of babies born is decided at birth, not when the the female is impregnated. 

I know because a while ago my thyla was pregnant. I got a female baby. Server crashed and rolled back. I got a male baby. Server crashed and rolled back. I got another male. Server crashed again, rolled back, I got triplets. Crashed again, single thylo, again, twins. Again, single baby. Etc. I ended up with triplets, two female, one male.

Every time they had the same colord and stats, but different gender and number of babies.

Archived