Wild Giga spawns

ScreamingViolet

Anyone know how many wild giga can be spawned onto the map at the same time?

is it like titans? Or quetzals? That once x amount are roaming about no more will spawn?

i think I finally managed to get the level 26 giga next to my base to drown itself, I can’t seem to find it after returning with metal from the centre of the map. However, now there’s a brand new level 2 giga camped out on the opposite side of my base. One last run of metal and I’ll be able to kill the bugger. I really should get around to encircling my base in metal! 

Anyways, if anyone knows anything about giga spawns please let’s talk.

@ScreamingVioletgigas usually spawn around mountains they never just spawn on grass lands so if you want to avoid them i suggest you build near the coast or somewhere gigas cant get to

as for my base my tribe built right next to titan spawns for xp so we could level up quick but titans cant get to us because we have behes up..

4 hours ago, Lucidd said:

@ScreamingVioletgigas usually spawn around mountains they never just spawn on grass lands so if you want to avoid them i suggest you build near the coast or somewhere gigas cant get to

as for my base my tribe built right next to titan spawns for xp so we could level up quick but titans cant get to us because we have behes up..

The base they keep showing up near is actually on the coast, but on the coast of the north east shores. Almost directly between the mountain and carnivore island. It’s a relatively open base that apart from a large taming pen is completely open. I’ve removed all my tames except for a Bronto and the argy I’ve been flying on.

i managed to get it into a trap I built on the beach, got him caught first try, only to have it kill me whilst trying to put the final gate in place. I chose the beach as it meant I could stand on top of the cliff to shoot at it, but there may not be enough space to avoid getting chomped on!

thankfully it’s single player so I’ve been able to rewind it to before it turns my insides into my outsides!

its the third one I’ve seen on the island. I’ve got no clue what could’ve killed the first one. I first saw it on the foot hills of the volcano and in the area where that section turns into snow. I’m guessing it could’ve walked to the ocean and drowned, but with 80,000 health, I’m not sure it has any predators or other threats to its safety beyond asphyxiation and possibly alphas. Perhaps an alpha squid got it... that would be cool to watch!

going slightly OT, does the titanosaur have any predators other than humans? Although I’m sure I read that Titans can drown themselves, I had one that decided to move from herbivore island up to carnivore island and chose a route along the ocean floor. I wouldn’t believe it if I hadn’t seen it. Why I didn’t record it is beyond me!

31 minutes ago, ScreamingViolet said:

alpha squid

Not currently in mobile. Also, I've found 2 squid in the same spot and I've determined that it's the only spawn for squid in the game currently. It's in the corner of the map by carno island.

34 minutes ago, ScreamingViolet said:

does the titanosaur have any predators other than humans

No it literally doesn't care about anything and goes wherever it wants. Also, the one that went from herbivore island to carno island likely swam to shore on mainland before going north. The one on herbivore island was the first I ever saw and it basically swam directly to the mainland when I found it.

5 hours ago, Lucidd said:

on ragnarok they spawn in the grass next to green ob and also in the highlands which seem mountainous by their name but really aren't IMO. Also in the desert but next to a mountain range there

1 hour ago, KrakenOverlord said:

derp. I was just clicking next unread topic (bored at work) and didn't realize I'd wandered into mobile, lol. My bad XD

It’s all good, I play on PS4 too. Although I’m a fair way off being able to access ragnarok. I was kinda shocked that you have to ascend to access the two mod maps, but the extension ones are open from the start. It should be the other way around, but that’s just me.

48 minutes ago, ScreamingViolet said:

It’s all good, I play on PS4 too. Although I’m a fair way off being able to access ragnarok. I was kinda shocked that you have to ascend to access the two mod maps, but the extension ones are open from the start. It should be the other way around, but that’s just me.

I agree. I just cheated, lol. Go into single player and ascend to alpha. I've done one actual ascension since then but I didn't like SE or center and didn't want to stay on the island that long XD

3 hours ago, KrakenOverlord said:

I agree. I just cheated, lol. Go into single player and ascend to alpha. I've done one actual ascension since then but I didn't like SE or center and didn't want to stay on the island that long XD

I’m only playing it solo! lol

But after grinding away to get to lvl 87 on mobile I wasn’t too keen on starting from scratch so I just went ahead and messed with the options for fast leveling and extra exp etc. I ended up with a lvl 20 trikethat has around 3k damage lol. Might’ve moved a few sliders just a tad too far.

15 hours ago, ScreamingViolet said:

I’m only playing it solo! lol

But after grinding away to get to lvl 87 on mobile I wasn’t too keen on starting from scratch so I just went ahead and messed with the options for fast leveling and extra exp etc. I ended up with a lvl 20 trikethat has around 3k damage lol. Might’ve moved a few sliders just a tad too far.

well if you use the console command to ascend you can join the unofficial pvp cluster I'm in and I'll rock it out with you, lol.

Archived