Gigas, pls stop

SpeKtrum

3 hours ago, Lockjaw said:

That's a fair point, but there's still a problem with that. I'm pretty sure that all of us know the difference between a fictional species in a video game and the real animals, but not everyone does. I've seen at least two people who honestly believed that Giga was 2-3 times the size of a Rex. Which means that they're getting their information from video games. And even some who know that Ark's Giga is exaggerated will still assume that the real thing was bigger and more dominant than the Rex, albeit to a lesser extent than depicted here.

At the very least the dossiers should have clarified that T-dominum has far weaker jaws than T-rex and that Ark's Giga is far larger and more powerful than the prehistoric Giga. That would have given them more freedom to do what they want.

I agree there lol Everyone really shoudnt be getting there facts fron a video game anyway, especially one using genetically engineered dinosaurs. 

I am fine with the T. Dominum dossier the way it is. They devote like an entire section to the fact that its a different species from the rex. How would we know if T. Dominum had weaker jaw muscles than the T. Rex anyway ? 

As for the giga, I am fine with the dossier the way it is too but I can see you point but personally for me its still a different species so the devs get free reign with it. On a funny note I am still amazed some poor biologist plucked from Australia and with no access to any form of technology on the Ark or even potentially knowledge in the research area could run around assigning creatures/dinosaurs to genuses never mind the species level.

14 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I agree there lol Everyone really shoudnt be getting there facts fron a video game anyway, especially one using genetically engineered dinosaurs. 

I am fine with the T. Dominum dossier the way it is. They devote like an entire section to the fact that its a different species from the rex. How would we know if T. Dominum had weaker jaw muscles than the T. Rex anyway ? 

As for the giga, I am fine with the dossier the way it is too but I can see you point but personally for me its still a different species so the devs get free reign with it. On a funny note I am still amazed some poor biologist plucked from Australia and with no access to any form of technology on the Ark or even potentially knowledge in the research area could run around assigning creatures/dinosaurs to genuses never mind the species level.

It’s strange the way that our brains can take something that’s completely made up like ark and then filter certain things and feel that one thing is real, ie the dinosaurs, whilst fully accepting that other things are 100% fictional such as whacking them on the head to knock them out and tame them!

Archived