Question about mods

Darkstarraven666

25 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Hm, what kind of blacklist are you talking about?

A blacklist which targets a specific player you add into the mod, and essentially stops the mod from functioning for them and anyone who tribes with them (or if their an admin, stops the mod from working for the whole server)

Sorry about the double post, still figuring out posting here

• Volunteer Moderator

Are you sure such lists are hard-coded into the mods and not configured by server owners? If the list is hard-coded by the mod creators, and that this info is not disclosed to the server owners, then you could probably report the mods to Steam for review using the report flag on the workshop. But if it is configured by server owners, then I don't see what the problem is. I mean, they are free to allow whatever they want to whoever they want as they are in full control of the servers they administrate.

4 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Are you sure such lists are hard-coded into the mods and not configured by server owners? If the list is hard-coded by the mod creators, and that this info is not disclosed to the server owners, then you could probably report the mods to Steam for review using the report flag on the workshop. But if it is configured by server owners, then I don't see what the problem is. I mean, they are free to allow whatever they want to whoever they want as they are in full control of the servers they administrate.

Yes, the mod has a hard coded blacklist that prevents specific people (people he blacklisted) from using said mod, additionally it sets specific dinos stamina to level 1 stamina regardless of how much they actually had (on top of preventing stamina from being increased)

Archived