I'd just like to say that alpha rockwell fight solo in singleplayer... is hard

Mctoozle

Trying to beat alpha rockwell in Single Player(no cheating... just some increased XP/tame/breed rates)... Doesn't look like it's gonna happen :) The main issue is the reaper kings having to be close to my bulb dog, but at the same time I don't want to get slowed or acid burned... and I have to be shooting orbs at the same time XD

The fight is pretty fun though!

The plant fruit barely helps. It's really hard to land them properly when trying to shoot orbs and get the tentacles down.

I was able to beat rockwell the other night with the help of my brother though! I started up my game as non-dedicated server instead of single player and he was able to download his level 100+ SP character into my game. I flew around on rock drake whistling an army of megas and a reaper to kill the tentacles while he followed behind on another rock drake shooting the orbs. It took us several attempts to get a clean one where neither of us got caught by tentacle electricity! So annoying when rockwell recovers into an instant double-tentacle charge right at the ramp o.0

16 hours ago, Mctoozle said:

The plant fruit barely helps. It's really hard to land them properly when trying to shoot orbs and get the tentacles down.

I was able to beat rockwell the other night with the help of my brother though! I started up my game as non-dedicated server instead of single player and he was able to download his level 100+ SP character into my game. I flew around on rock drake whistling an army of megas and a reaper to kill the tentacles while he followed behind on another rock drake shooting the orbs. It took us several attempts to get a clean one where neither of us got caught by tentacle electricity! So annoying when rockwell recovers into an instant double-tentacle charge right at the ramp o.0

Which is what makes shooting at least one of the 2 tentacles at the front of the bridge leading to his heart a top priority the moment they are no longer invincible.

3 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Which is what makes shooting at least one of the 2 tentacles at the front of the bridge leading to his heart a top priority the moment they are no longer invincible.

True, but also you have reaper kings running down the ramp and dying leaving you sitting in acid burn trying to shoot orbs and one of the tentacles o.0

One thing I found out by accident is I seemed to be able to ride a reaper through the electricity without getting knocked off. I only tried this twice so maybe I was just lucky? Too bad you cannot shoot from a reaper... I only had one reaper. If you had several - one person could be shooting orbs from a drake and the other just running around with a group of reapers chomping on tentacles. The tentacle slams wouldn't be that bad to deal with if you had your glow pet turned off - just turn it on for reapers. Reapers can chomp down other reapers faster than a drake can as well. 

Archived