Downloaded dinos rollback fix

Fallon~Rose

I downloaded 2 dinos the other day, started to walk them back to base then Ark did a roll back. So went to the drop again and they wernt in the dino upload page. So i went looking for them and they were gone! Was only like a few meters away from the drop, i know exactly where they were before the rollback but they just disappeared! Pretty pissed off this happened. I havent had this happen before. This needs to be fixed, its unfair to just loose dinos because Ark wants to play silly buggers!

2 minutes ago, Fallon~Rose said:

I downloaded 2 dinos the other day, started to walk them back to base then Ark did a roll back. So went to the drop again and they wernt in the dino upload page. So i went looking for them and they were gone! Was only like a few meters away from the drop, i know exactly where they were before the rollback but they just disappeared! Pretty pissed off this happened. I havent had this happen before. This needs to be fixed, its unfair to just loose dinos because Ark wants to play silly buggers!

You just getting started? Loss is part of Ark, better get used to it.

The Obelisk and the Server save, are not the same thing. The Obelisk is a directory on the dedicated machine, which has a list of files that match Steam ID numbers of players who use the Obelisk. This file contains timestamps for different items and dinosaurs, using a passive type timer tick. However when something is removed from the Obelisk, that data is no longer in that folder, as it is updated in real time. The server however, that is dependent upon the setup of how often it saves. 30 minutes, 15 minutes, on the hour. It really depends on the setup. However if something interrupts the server, resulting in it requiring a restart without save, that means a loss of data.

Archived