Community Crunch 153: Extinction Chronicles V Tomorrow!

Jen

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Extinction Chronicles V!

Ark_ExtinctionChronicles.png

Tomorrow there will be a client and server side update that will bring Extinction Chronicles V to survivors on PC, Xbox, and PS4! 

Leading up to the release of Extinction there will be monthly drops of Extinction-related Explorer Notes on The Island, Scorched Earth, and Aberration. Once collected these notes will unlock new Extinction-related skins! 

large.Corrupt_Gloves.jpg

There will also be the appearance of more powerful Tek-themed Dinosaur variants within the ARKs each month. These Tek Dinos are permanent additions (meaning they will continue to spawn even after the event is over), with a new one beginning to appear each month.

• In Extinction Chronicles I we released three Explorer Notes, the Corrupted Helmet and the Tek Rex.
  • In Extinction Chronicles II we released three Explorer Notes, the Corrupted Boots and the Tek Stego. 
  • In Extinction Chronicles III we released three Explorer Notes, the Corrupted Pants and the Tek Raptor.
  • In Extinction Chronicles IV we released three Explorer Notes, the Corrupted Shirt and the Tek Parasaur.

large.Quetz.jpg

And now, tomorrow we're excited to bring you three new Explorer Notes, the Corrupted Gloves and a new Tek creature, the Tek Quetzal!

corruptedArmor.pnglarge.shirt.pnglarge.gloves.png

Corrupt_Pants.pngCorruptedArmor_community.png

In addition, special colored dinos will be populating the ARKs. You'll be able to find creatures sporting black, red, green, purple, and white up until the launch of Extinction, beginning tomorrow. Be sure to take advantage of these special colors before they're extinct!

Last but not least: just like we did last month, you can expect to see some more extinction screenshots tomorrow here on our forums! Be sure to check back for that.

Patch Notes!

Here are the full fixes and notes coming in tomorrows Extinction Chronicles V update (PC, console notes to come).

- Extinction Chronicles V
            - Added Tek Quetz
                * New breeding line
                * 5% chance to spawns
                * 20% higher base level
            - Added new color set (black, red, green, purple, white, blue)
            - Added 3 new Explorer Notes and matching unlock (Corrupted Gloves)
            - Increased maximum player level by 1
- Climbing pick meshing fixes
- Better handling for low fps server dino attacking
- Fix for failure to cleanup structure placers
- Pre-emptive API for server structure cleanup improvement
- Increased damage range for players/dinos on surface of Aberration

Community Livestream #9 Roundup!

On October 11th we had our seventh Community Livestream. Thank you to all of those who attended and participated! The community team had a lot of fun and we hope you did as well. If you weren't able to catch the stream you can watch the video-on-demand on our Twitch page or by clicking on the video below.

This we toured a map called Fractured, a fantastical setting of floating islands far above the sea. This map created by TheAlchemist is in early access, but features many floating islands that appear to have once been joined, but torn apart by something... very large.

CAF339C759222FAF3521700FDCD59D323057EF1D

We were also joined by special guest Zunit, a PVP player and Twitch streamer. This podcast-style discussion had us chatting about the different types of player experiences on our official network such as 6-man experience versus Conquest, as well as diving into some fond memories of times past.

1743917488_submit_fan_creation(1).jpg

We are accepting any type of ARK related fanart to be featured in the Showcase section of the stream and entries are always open. This can be drawings, videos, builds, ANSEL screenshots, handmade crafts, anything ARK related!

You can submit your ARKwork to our streaming email address: arkfans@studiowildcard.com

Be sure to follow us on our Twitch page so you don't miss a stream! twitch.tv/survivetheark

We'll be hosting our next Community Live Stream on Thursday, October the 25th at 1PM EST! We hope to see you there :)

Mod Community Updates!

Hello Survivors!

The modding contest voting period is still open! If you've been on the fence about what mods to vote for, we have been doing spotlights over on our Twitch channel. If you happened to miss any, they are conveniently gathered into a collection that can be viewed at any time. It's not over though, we are only halfway through the contestants. There is still another full week of spotlights to do! So drop by and hang out while we take a dive into the mods offered up by the community.

Don't forget to vote, mod authors spend uncountable hours creating content for others to enjoy just out of a love for the game.
https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/modding/voting/

I also have a new tutorial ready for you. We're going to be starting on a full project; so the first thing we need is a design document. So let's lay out the plans for our "Virtual Sentry System".

ARK Digest Next Week!

5ab961aa51651_F1r3fly-Adjustingthecamera-Freeform.jpg

We'll be doing another ARK Digest post in the next Community Crunch! If you have a question you want answered by the ARK dev team please submit your questions with the Subject "ARK Q&A" to our email address: arkfans@studiowildcard.com

Fanart of the Week!

0D257EE15A9414E50723500D3FD99A07A6BF0966

Amphicyon Dossier by Nokryn!

ARK: Evolution Event!

large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

Survivors across ALL Platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 19th of October at 1 PM EST until Monday the 22nd of October at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rates
2x Taming Rates
2x EXP Rates

That's it for this post guys! As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

It's great you're adding a Tek Qutzal, but will they get some TLC? Quetzals hardly seem useful anymore, at least from a PvE perspective. My Argentavis can carry almost as much weight and moves much quicker. What utility the Quetzal does offer is negated entirely by its extremely slow speed. Perhaps they have more utility on PvP servers though.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, TheDrizzle404 said:

It's great you're adding a Tek Qutzal, but will they get some TLC? Quetzals hardly seem useful anymore, at least from a PvE perspective. My Argentavis can carry almost as much weight and moves much quicker. What utility the Quetzal does offer is negated entirely by its extremely slow speed. Perhaps they have more utility on PvP servers though.

metal runs are way ezyer with a qutzal so its rlly useful and can carry alot and u can slot cap a anky most (arges dont have that much wegit)

22 minutes ago, jurassicjoey said:

is the Corrupted armor note perment in the game or where they limited.  iv not ben able to get the 1st two? and once you get them are they link to your account or are they a onetime item so you get anew one when you die?

Yes the armour set is permanent and yes it's linked to your account..  

1 minute ago, Raught said:

Great patch notes! Excited for the new colors!

"Increased damage range for players/dinos on surface of Aberration"

What does that mean?

The area on the surface is supposed to kill everything in the day.

There were spots where things weren't affected by this.

Most likely, this means they fixed those spots.

1 hour ago, TheDrizzle404 said:

It's great you're adding a Tek Qutzal, but will they get some TLC? Quetzals hardly seem useful anymore, at least from a PvE perspective. My Argentavis can carry almost as much weight and moves much quicker. What utility the Quetzal does offer is negated entirely by its extremely slow speed. Perhaps they have more utility on PvP servers though

I really don't find much use for them on pvp since the Argy can carry the important farming Dino's they are just better. What I tuink is that the quetz should be able to cover in the air losing no stam and should have a much higher wieght capcity and Heath pool 

Next: Tek Trike, Tek Mosa and Tek Giga. They'll probably come with a corrupted shield, a corrupted sword and a corrupted rifle. All of this being just copy&paste of things that already are in game. A small visual change and maybe some different stats but still some recycled content...

One more "fanart of the week" showing an interesting extinct creatures, great job ! But sadly it looks kind of an ironic choice from WC because they keep ignoring extincted creatures and only focus on fantasy/scifi creatures. 

Just give some love to The Island and to the prehistoric creatures. More TLC, more dinos, maybe other skins like the brachio. But please do it soon. I'm sick of waiting for DLCs I don't care about, while the good old dino game part is left, forgotten. I wait for a good reason to install this game on my PS4 again. I don't want to waste storage for some bad scifi game full of bugs. 

I'll never buy a season pass before knowing all the content that will be added, cause WC season pass is a huge disappointment. Third DLC but still no new dino while everybody keep suggesting prehistoric creatures. Don't you see people waiting for more prehistoric creatures ? You keep ignoring one of the most important thing in ARK success, the prehistoric creatures. 

Without Dinos, ARK would be one more early access fail. I showed the Extinction trailer to many friends. They won't buy ARK. They'd wait for the next Fallout. Sad because the first trailer of the game (on the Island with all dinos...) looked awesome to them. Big waste. 

Some scifi quote that perfectly apply to ARK:

"You were the chosen one, Arknakin"