Aberration Nitpicks

Toasterfly

I've been playing aberration and I've been really enjoying but I've noticed a few things that don't make sense.

1. If the sun kills you, but the sun shines into the green zone, why isn't the green zone like the surface? What stops the sun from burning everything down there?

2. Why do spinos spawn in the red zone even though they are largely aquatic dinos and the red zone has no water? It would make much more sense for them to spawn in the blue zone.

3. Why is the element region so cold? It has river of molten element which is an extremely powerful material that would presumable take extreme temperatures to melt. Despite this the red zone is still the coldest zone of aberration and the element rivers are even colder. 

4. How would reapers regularly reproduce? If they need humans to reproduce, radiation kills the reaper embryo and the reapers that reproduce live exclusively in irradiated areas how would they expect to reproduce often? It seems like a bad reproduction strategy.

5. How would a wild rock drake hatch its egg? If they need extremely low temperatures how could a wild rock drake hatch an egg? It's not like there's a convientent -80 degree Celsius area to incubate their eggs.

6. If reapers can only rarely reproduce and most survivors claim them for their own or just kill the baby reaper how are there so many reaper kings in the wild?

7. Where do the reaper queens even come from? They can't be born from survivors and they have to come from somewhere.

Those are just some things I've noticed about aberration that really confuse me and need explaining.

1. Probably the exposure of sunlight. Surface is fully exposed without protection whereas the light from the Fertile zone are not fully exposed due to the underground overgrowth.

2. Red zone have Liquid Elements. Game Logic, don't ask why this makes no sense.

3. Element Region = red zone. They probably were already cold and was in the original form of liquid? I don't know. You are not even supposed to touch Liquid Element in the first place anyways. lol.

4. Who knows? Their Genus are "unknown" for a reason. So we probably will never know how they reproduce without human subjects.

5. Its the same question as to how Wyvern hatch their egg in Scorched Earth. Again, game logic, don't ask.

6. Same as Number 4. The world but themselves will never know.

7. Again, same as Number 4. Basically, we don't know too much about Reaper origins, and neither do any of the explorers who left the notes.

For the reaper reproductive biology, as Vaculity says, without knowing more it could be for any reason. More than likely all the reproduction questions you have are its for game balancing reasons. I make the assumption that the queens will parasitise other species in the Arks, as just using survivors seems very limiting. As for how how we get queens maybe they do spawn from survivors (but restricted ingame to only kings) but if you want to keep with ingame cannon it could be entirely possible that kings could morph into queens given the right circumstances. I quote clownfish in real life being what we call sequential hermaphrodites, but I am just speculating here.

Archived