Dedicated server character transfer

I currently run a dedicated server for my family and friends. I use an xbox with a made up gamer tag to run our server. We started on the island and just beat the overseer. We are currently trying to move to scorched Earth and then to aberration and finally be ready for extinction. We want characters that have learned all the tek engrams And also  Have the bonus levels you get from beating the   Bosses. But we have  Gone to the obelisks and there is no upload character button it only says travel to another server or refresh  Tribute  Inventory. My question is how do  We upload our characters on the island so that we can download them on scorched Earth?

Character transfer between servers only works if the servers are clustered and you can't cluster Player Dedicated servers.

The best way to do it, since you are admin, is to:

1.  Upload any items and dinos that you want to take with you.

2.  Stop your server and start it on the new map

3.  Create new characters on the new map and download your items and dinos.

4. Temporarily give admin rights to you and your friends and have them cheat the ascension and tek engrams on the new map.

I may have missed something, so feel free, anyone, to correct me if there is a better way to do this.

Archived