New Wyv ?

Limitz187

the phoenix and unicorn are rare and amazing dinos.. the look is great but not so useful. i would love to see a rare hard to tame very good looking but also useful dino added. Maybe giant turtles that can carry massive platform that supports a small village :) that can swim for months before stamina run off and needs to see the land, ofc it could be attached but not by small sharks ... so lets add something as big as a mosa but can reach surface :P 

I would love to see a land/sea creature as good as a griffin that can fly but only lands in sea and able to dive .. no land walking though .. large flying fish maybe ?

On 10/22/2018 at 12:11 AM, BasiliskBreedingPls said:

It's going to be called "Wyrm" , excited!  https://ark.gamepedia.com/Wyrm

You DO realize that the name given in the gamepedia is only a "temporary" placeholder, right? (and remember that the gamepedia isn't run by WildCard) We don't exactly know the actual name until they are released.

On 10/22/2018 at 6:44 AM, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

^Why in that picture in front of the wyrm does that "rock ?" look like a gnome/goblin with a small suitcase and a hand in its mouth.  just me? probably.

Lol.

Well, we are getting the "Wyrm" as its  placeholder name exists in Extinction, though no one knows exactly what its power will be(If it has any special abilites that is).

I did make a few posts about the Megarock Dragon being added to Scorched(A creature from Pixark), smaller versions of the Dragon Boss spawning on the Center's volcano map, and some suggestions for Water Wyverns and Charge Wyverns. Check those out and see what you think.

47 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

Not sure why people call wyverns dragons... Dragons have 4 legs. Not 2 legs and wings like a wyvern. This has always confused me as there is an actual 4 legged Dragon in the game. Wyrms are serpents pretty much, no arms, no legs, no wings.

Wyrm 0 arms/legs, Wyvern 2, Dragon 4.

Dragon is just a general term though, it can be used to refer to wyverns etc. Its just generally in Western culture that it specifies a winged fire breathing, four legged beast. In Eastern cultures its more wingless four legged beasts. At least according to a quick google search this is the case. 

52 minutes ago, Demerus said:

the Wyrm will be the new sea creature.

Wyvern = Flyer

Drake = Climber/Glider

Wyrm = sea serpent

I hope so. I freaking love the oceans on this game. I would never land if I didn't have to. I have armies of squids, mosas, eels, nessies, etc... but none of them really give you the same feel as a wyvern. Also the ocean needs a TLC pass... like the whole ocean. There should be no reason for all the bugs and glitches that exist in the water.

47 minutes ago, Demerus said:

the Wyrm will be the new sea creature.

Wyvern = Flyer

Drake = Climber/Glider

Wyrm = sea serpent

^^unlikely, the statement they released today seems to rule out a water dragon. But hey maybe if you take it to the island you will find out is has no oxygen stat or something. The Wyrm  already looks a bit to much like the Drake in my opinion and it even looks to be built  as a glider like the drake( no independent wings just glider flaps behind the arm) although it is tough to tell if it has front arms at all so I may be off on that.

"Extinction does not have a large body of water. As you can imagine, the surface of the Earth has undergone some dramatic changes, one of which is that most of the water has dried up. That said, we did build the Extinction creatures with water in mind, and there should be a few surprises waiting for you when you take them to other maps! "

13 minutes ago, Kawarriorking said:

^^unlikely, the statement they released today seems to rule out a water dragon. But hey maybe if you take it to the island you will find out is has no oxygen stat or something. The Wyrm  already looks a bit to much like the Drake in my opinion and it even looks to be built  as a glider like the drake( no independent wings just glider flaps behind the arm) although it is tough to tell if it has front arms at all so I may be off on that.

"Extinction does not have a large body of water. As you can imagine, the surface of the Earth has undergone some dramatic changes, one of which is that most of the water has dried up. That said, we did build the Extinction creatures with water in mind, and there should be a few surprises waiting for you when you take them to other maps! "

I hope so. I plan on basically just using extinction to make cash grabs of cool creatures to take back to rag like I do with AB. Seems like there's lots of bada$$ critters around but like AB it seems like a hellscape to live in. I'll have a minimal base with gear to explore and tame but that's about it.

the phoenix and unicorn are rare and amazing dinos.. the look is great but not so useful. i would love to see a rare hard to tame very good looking but also useful dino added. Maybe giant turtles that can carry massive platform that supports a small village [emoji4] that can swim for months before stamina run off and needs to see the land, ofc it could be attached but not by small sharks ... so lets add something as big as a mosa but can reach surface [emoji14]  I would love to see a land/sea creature as good as a griffin that can fly but only lands in sea and able to dive .. no land walking though .. large flying fish maybe ?

All this. I don't care what kind of creature it is, I just want new, utility dinos! 

Edit to be OT: I think a big, like heavy set big lol, wrym, wyvern, dragon, whatever you wanna call it that can harvest metal nodes and turn them into ingots at a addition cost vs using anky quetz forge, would be cool. Have it have a weight reduction to metal ore/ ingots and obsidian, when it turns metal ore into ingots, maybe it can take 3, maybe even 4 raw ore to make 1 ingot vs forge. (So it's not overwhelming OP vs other metal farming methods. ) instead of being fast like normal wyverns maybe drop it's speed closer to quetz if not slower.

TLDR: breed a wyvern, dunky, Phoenix, quetz together plus weight reduction on metal/obsidian.

Edit #2 forgot, make it tame/ feed off metal ingots. No meat/kibble. Not breedable, rideable yes.

Archived