Guest chancho33015

Guest chancho33015

So, after quitting ark official servers I have had a few days of clarity. I have been thinking about the things I like the most and the things i hated the most. Also, i have been thinking about the actual gameplay on official and where does it fail.

Things I hated the most on official pve:

1. People allowed to have multiple accounts. 

This is unavoidable and i believe is one of the biggest issues on pve. People who own multiple accounts to minimize the grind and also to have multiple bases on the same maps. The problem is that this is not done by one person per map. A lot of players do this.

2. Breeding times and breeding process are terrible! Also, it doesn't add to the game experience in a positive way. As ark is not based no in character progress perse but experiencing dangers and learning how to deal with them in order to survive.  Let me explain, you can survive anything pretty comfortable once you reach stone structures from rexes to gigas. That is about level 80 in which you can achieve in one day of playing if you get help from someone. Which most people are willing to help. Once you get to that level the player makes his first breeding area and starts breeding. Once you get to the breeding phase to get a decent rex to fight an alpha other than the "gorilla" it would take at least about 2 months of breeding to get stats of at least 500 base melee and 14k hp. IF you get lucky finding a great pair from the start. What does that mean, that you have to knock out at least 20 rexes which each takes 3 hours to tame on kibble but also the fact that you have to waste hours looking for high level rexes (above 130) to start breeding. So the total playing time just to get this running might be a week or two before you actually start breeding.

3. Cap Severs! Well, all servers on official are currently at its limit which means that you cant breed... so...that means pve official is now just a building game. So what should of taken 2 weeks of looking for rexes and start breeding them now it will take a month if you are a new player. Also, this means you cant tame so you would not even to be able to start collecting resources other that without your hands. which means that it would take 10 times longer. 

4. S+ promised but never delivered! I remember their twitch stream for the release of aberration when S+ was being promised by Jen and the other guy next to her. They said a year + ago that they were working on the balancing and that they were close to releasing it...but that was a total lie. S+ might not work for PVP but it will definitely improve PVE. Since pve is base on building and breeding. That would make 1 of the 2 things that pve is for much better. Also, people would be able to move entire bases without needing to demo everything which makes up for room as players would be able to move their bases from one server to another easier without losing everything! Common SENSE! 

People create multiple bases because they cant move things once they are set...and if S+ was allowed this problem would be solve. This would help create a flow of players within servers.

5. IF pve is the Players Vs Elements then perhaps it is time that they unable "GAMMA" on official pve. Takes away a huge part of the game! All this lightsources we were give become unnecessary and just a waste of space. With the gamma option Nightvision is useless, torches, lamps posts, tek light, and anything that emits light  that is supposed to help you see at night. I know players have become used to having everything easy on pve...and I dare to say we have become too passive. But if we are playing pve arent we expected to play to survive nature? That includes the dangers of night, rain, fog, and sandstorms. 

6. Dino restrictions in PVE are a problem. In pve since you cant grab wild dinos there are about 100 traps all around the map to tame dinos. Tramps that block resources, waterpaths, and sometimes even dino spawns. Forcing players to tame on the wild is a lot more  problematic to the actual gameplay than it adds to the total experience. 

7. I dont know if anyone understands the story of ark but I believe most people don't care too much about that on PVE official. Not only is poorly done and delivered. However, it is incomplete. Scorched Earth is supposed to have another Tek cave but it was never done. At least according to the lore. But, Ark never finished it...and they actually sold an incomplete DLC as if it was done.... i dont know what this mean to many  but to me it means that they are not looking for quality of content but amount per content released! And that is never a good sign. Also, it adds to my point that the story of ark is broken. 

Now for PVP official:

1. Meshing...under meshing! Well, there are about 3 ways to do that. In some maps you can find spots. Others you can use ladders, and now you can use a climbing pick.

For pvp that is perhaps the biggest problem as that means that no one is safe at any point! someone can literally build a base under you and just anable turrets and there goes the dynamite lol

2. Parts in which players are allowed to build in the game but the developers decide that is not without telling anyone. So you build in a spot you thought it was ok...cause the game allows you...but some how an admin comes and either bans you or demolishes your entire base without a warning. It has happen to many people. 

Well, those are the mayor issues in ark at the moment in official.

Right now ark is suffering a lot on both PVe and PvP official. Both for different reason. 

Are these problems hard to fix? The meshing no. Put a killzone. I think everyone rather lose one dino than their entire base. It is again common sense. What is better? on person crying for a single dino...or 20 people annoyed and quitting because 500 dinos were kill thanks to under meshing? I cant put it any simpler than that!

The breeding system...cutting times by 50% would make ark PVE playable again. I now people hate raising dinos for weeks. IT IS A WASTE OF TIME! Also, if you guys work on the kibble tree...there would be no need to have 500 dinos per tribe. IT is ridiculous! Also, i dare to say, add something quick to put dinos on inventory on pve. Same function as the beehive has. That would make people have smaller bases. It is foolish to make people build big unnecessary bases to keep 500 dinos inside! Also, to play ark no tribe needs more than 250 dinos...

If climbing picks are a problem...take them out! Honestly no one needs climbing picks. if the idea is to add an experience on aberration...about going to get your first drake egg and climbing like a fool down to get one then climb up...no one ever did it like that. lol or well, there might be some fool that was dummy enough to do it like that lol 

Everyone goes down with spinos or karkinos...in a party for the first time. or whatever dino they like for that. 

Also, make element transferable! it is weird that is not. Same for tributes. I mean, once artifacts are allowed to be transfer why are tributes not? is just like you guys like forcing people to question that flawed logic. We are not dummies! lol

Listen to us! lol PLEASE!

Guest chancho33015
3 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

The multiple accounts could kinda be resolved on the ps4 if it didn't allow other users to use the game through the primary acc. At least if people are going to have multiple accounts, they're going to need multiple copies of ark lol. 

You are right. This is more of a pc issue. People buy Ark multiple times with different steam accounts.

The funny thing is that some people say, "this is my girlfriend account." Lol

We all know this is a lie...since most of the time we never see or hear the dam  gF. Lol

1 hour ago, chancho33015 said:

You are right. This is more of a pc issue. People buy Ark multiple times with different steam accounts.

The funny thing is that some people say, "this is my girlfriend account." Lol

We all know this is a lie...since most of the time we never see or hear the dam  gF. Lol

Really doesn't matter... people buy the game again thats completely fine devs litteraly couldn't care. When people get globally banned from official servers and then buy a new account on a new steam, devs don't care they get money. it isn't an issue anyway, I've heard no one complain about it but you.

2 hours ago, ArkRage said:

The multiple accounts could kinda be resolved on the ps4 if it didn't allow other users to use the game through the primary acc. At least if people are going to have multiple accounts, they're going to need multiple copies of ark lol. 

Same on Xbox but Microsoft won’t ever stop it because of the game share feature. You can have 2 people, each playing on different machine with only 1 game bought lol. Hell, Microsoft and Wildcard even advise it in order for us to host on a Windows 10 PC.

11 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

7. I dont know if anyone understands the story of ark but I believe most people don't care too much about that on PVE official. Not only is poorly done and delivered. However, it is incomplete. Scorched Earth is supposed to have another Tek cave but it was never done. At least according to the lore. But, Ark never finished it...and they actually sold an incomplete DLC as if it was done.... i dont know what this mean to many  but to me it means that they are not looking for quality of content but amount per content released! And that is never a good sign. Also, it adds to my point that the story of ark is broken. 

I have finally found someone who cares about my beloved Scorch Earth as I do.  I just hope it comes sooner than later.  

Guest chancho33015
5 hours ago, MasterChief117 said:

Really doesn't matter... people buy the game again thats completely fine devs litteraly couldn't care. When people get globally banned from official servers and then buy a new account on a new steam, devs don't care they get money. it isn't an issue anyway, I've heard no one complain about it but you.

most people dont complain. you are right...probably because this is a more global thing. In all of the the official servers i have played at least 1 person per tribe has multiple accounts... 

I also dont know if the developers even know... they are clueless on some stuff lol

But yes, i am complaining about this! I remember my first day in PVP...one guy narc me for 2 days...multiple accounts would explain how he did it lol

Leave one with a clicker force feeding me ...go play with the other one... 

I am surprise not more people do that as often... since people are evil lol

1 hour ago, Sharkman4444444 said:

I have finally found someone who cares about my beloved Scorch Earth as I do.  I just hope it comes sooner than later.  

Scorched is awesome, but dead from a development standpoint.  Tweaks will happen, I'm sure, but they won't add anything or really fix anything major like 2/3 of the nest spawns not working at all.

Archived