My response to the Extinction Chronicles V Next Week & Developer Diary Undermesh

johnm81

My response to the Extinction Chronicles V Next Week & Developer Diary Undermeshing Section

https://steamcommunity.com/games/346110/announcements/detail/1685927196300125716

There IS a silver bullet to under meshing. And it is a very simple one that requires ZERO coding. The solution is active enforcement teams (AET) with discord that can respond to 911 alerts 24/7 just like on the conquest servers. This requires spending money on worker hours. It is up to the players to recruit people into their tribes to have a around the clock presence in game (not an easy task I know) and it up to the AET to respond quickly to steam/VAC/ARK ban undermeshers then submit a request to GMs for server reverts and Dev wipes of tribes who benefited from the hackers.

So let me be open about my extreme happiness with the active enforcement team's presence on the conquest servers as this is the start of the true solution. Now time will tell if it going to be used effectively. Although I do wish they would allow tribe leaders of smaller tribes to apply for discord channel membership.

I hope to see it expand to all other servers.

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

As I was typing this I logged into my conquest server and saw this! I guess Wildcard is done putting up with cheating!

TEA has a direct line to the developers and has *always* had immediate action taken against people breaking or even bending the rules against it. 

That being said, your fight is far from over just because they dev wiped two tribes on CQ servers. You realize that those two tribes still existing is an enigma right? The leader of BLDX has been banned literally over a dozen times, and still plays. He actually is one of the largest Ark streamers. BLDX alone has been dev wiped dozens if not hundreds of times. 

What they did today is spit in the face of a hurricane. Much more is needed to do anything to stem the tide. 

And if history is any form of thing to go by. Nothing else will happen. 

51 minutes ago, iAmE said:

What they did today is spit in the face of a hurricane. Much more is needed to do anything to stem the tide. 

And if history is any form of thing to go by. Nothing else will happen. 

It all depends on how things go from here on. If a consistent approach is taken that if you cheat you get dev wiped then it is irrelevant if these players buy new accounts and play again because they will just be dev wiped again if they choose to continue with bad behavior. Let them buy new accounts and come back all the more $$$ for WC to keep their servers running and to expand the active enforcement teams. 

The key is an even heavy handed approach needs to be taken constantly, which what happened to BLDX and Gang Gang is a good indication it will. 

Time will tell and I am cautiously optimistic but I always keep in the back of my mind it wont be consistent. And if it isn't then WC will have missed a golden opportunity.

We shall see....

2 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Time will tell and I am cautiously optimistic but I always keep in the back of my mind it wont be consistent. And if it isn't then WC will have missed a golden opportunity.

We shall see....

Here's the thing though. They have dev wiped these people, as I mentioned, dozens. If not hundreds of times. I can't help but think that time has *already* shown that they won't be consistent. 

Just now, iAmE said:

Here's the thing though. They have dev wiped these people, as I mentioned, dozens. If not hundreds of times. I can't help but think that time has *already* shown that they won't be consistent. 

I hear you. If the speed and consistency of wipes continue then it will break these guys bad behavior (and WC will make money from it). If WC becomes lazy or shows favoritism of any kind then yes this will be meaningless.

That's why I said... We shall see...

Just now, johnm81 said:

I hear you. If the speed and consistency of wipes continue then it will break these guys bad behavior (and WC will make money from it). If WC becomes lazy or shows favoritism of any kind then yes this will be meaningless.

That's why I said... We shall see...

Fair enough. I'm just jaded because I've played out this little discussion of "Will Wildcard finally enforce rules?" a couple dozen times myself. It would be nice if they actually did it, but I wouldn't recommend getting your hopes up. We have nigh on a hundred examples in the past that they won't/don't follow up. 

51 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Fair enough. I'm just jaded because I've played out this little discussion of "Will Wildcard finally enforce rules?" a couple dozen times myself. It would be nice if they actually did it, but I wouldn't recommend getting your hopes up. We have nigh on a hundred examples in the past that they won't/don't follow up. 

WC is like an abusive spouse. It tends to dash hopes and hurt you with promises it will be better next time.

Maybe ... maybe not lol. Ill be very cautious in my optimism.

Archived