How does despawning work for high lvl tames?

CtrlAltElite

I'm on the Titan PvP Brutal server, and we just tamed a Megalodon. It was lvl 360 when we caught it, and it became level 535 when it was tamed.

I've seen something about tames despawning if they go over lvl 450? Does this mean that this one will despawn at some point soon?

And does that also mean that we have to prejudge what level the creature might come out at after its tamed?

Trying to get my head around this as it seems completely bizarre to me that instead of simply reducing the tamed creature's level to 450, it despawns it instead... 

I'm not sure where you got the information that tames of upwards level 450 despawn, as I myself have had a level 495 Ice Wyvern in my possession for quite sometime.

I think your group should be fine with your tame, but this topic does remind me of one tame I had that was "abnormally high" in rank. When it was tamed, I brought it back to base and seeing how it was a fairly large animal I wasn't too concerned with losing it and having to stick a tracker in it. However, when I left the game and came back on later, it was gone. Vanished into thin air. I checked the tribe log and there were no deaths pertaining to the tame or any kills to saythat the tame had wondered off and gone on a killing rampage.

My hypothesis is that if an animal is TOO high of a rank, the game simply wipes them from the map. Not sure why, maybe to help balance things. 

Anyways, best of luck mate. Cheers

11 minutes ago, KessGenre said:

I'm not sure where you got the information that tames of upwards level 450 despawn, as I myself have had a level 495 Ice Wyvern in my possession for quite sometime.

I think your group should be fine with your tame, but this topic does remind me of one tame I had that was "abnormally high" in rank. When it was tamed, I brought it back to base and seeing how it was a fairly large animal I wasn't too concerned with losing it and having to stick a tracker in it. However, when I left the game and came back on later, it was gone. Vanished into thin air. I checked the tribe log and there were no deaths pertaining to the tame or any kills to saythat the tame had wondered off and gone on a killing rampage.

My hypothesis is that if an animal is TOO high of a rank, the game simply wipes them from the map. Not sure why, maybe to help balance things. 

Bro. This is mobile. 

On 10/13/2018 at 7:39 PM, KessGenre said:

Yeah as the poster above said, this is mobile. Thanks for the detailed answer anyway :D

But anyone else know what the situation is re tames?

4 hours ago, CtrlAltElite said:

Yeah as the poster above said, this is mobile. Thanks for the detailed answer anyway :D

But anyone else know what the situation is re tames?

I’ve read that their max level is 450 as well as you can only add 70 lvls post taming.

so maybe the true max level is 520, but you are already beyond that. I wonder if 450 was the max for regular servers, but with brutal being... well... brutal, the cap is somewhat higher. idk.

my possible theory based off of unreliable anecdotal evidence is that maybe they intended for tames to be capped at 450 and planned for them to de spawn when they hit that point, but not expecting anyone to get to that point very quickly they weren’t overly concerned that they didn’t get around to programming that. . . Yet. Or perhaps they ran into difficulties trying to get that mechanic to work as intended. But that’s just conjecture.

P.S. I LOVE your username, it’s awesome!

just found a post from the devs in another thread re; max levels.

On 10/12/2018 at 1:53 PM, WarDrumKeys said:

You can tame creatures that come out above level 450, and they only despawn on server restart. So if you have the resources to keep a tame for just one day, it is possible to have a creature over level 550 temporarily.

Hope that helps some. The actual Thread is here if you want to check it out

Thanks @ScreamingViolet.

Yeah, I read that one, I think that was possibly the one that prompted my confusion though. So server restart happens everyday at midnight or thereabouts? 

Weirdly our shark lasted longer than that. However, annoyingly it was killed by another shark so we did not find out if it was going to despawn at some point.

On Brutal the levels are crazy. There are lvl 435 dinos roaming around, meaning potentially a tame could come out at over lvl 600! 

9 hours ago, CtrlAltElite said:

Thanks @ScreamingViolet.

Yeah, I read that one, I think that was possibly the one that prompted my confusion though. So server restart happens everyday at midnight or thereabouts? 

Weirdly our shark lasted longer than that. However, annoyingly it was killed by another shark so we did not find out if it was going to despawn at some point.

On Brutal the levels are crazy. There are lvl 435 dinos roaming around, meaning potentially a tame could come out at over lvl 600! 

It does seem to imply that the servers are reset daily, but even google can’t clarify that. In between all the posts about pc and console servers, both official and private there’s nothing I can find regarding little old Mobile. Hopefully the guys from wardrum can clarify. Your sharks gone, but it would be good to know.

speaking of your shark... a level 450+ megalodon!! There’s no way I’d be going near the water. Omg, the sub 30 ones scare the bejiggers out of me!

Archived