I am gearing up for some boss fights on The Island, and are currently breeding Rexes for stats. However, I’ve noticed what seems like there is a significantly lower chance for mutations in rexes than in other creatures. Both of the mutations slots are fully empty, and all of the rexes come out the same level. I am aware of how to breed, I am just wondering if maybe there is a lower chance for Rex mutations? Any help is appreciated!

I hatch around 25 rex eggs every week, and got a mutation almost every time.

So i guess you have just been unlucky.

I have a question too.

If breed a rex with a stat and color mutation, and the baby only gets the stat but not the color, and then i breed that one again. Does his offspring have a chance to get the color again?

Im asking because the color hurts my eyes, but i do want the stats.

2 hours ago, Baklap said:

I hatch around 25 rex eggs every week, and got a mutation almost every time.

So i guess you have just been unlucky.

I have a question too.

If breed a rex with a stat and color mutation, and the baby only gets the stat but not the color, and then i breed that one again. Does his offspring have a chance to get the color again?

No. There's no chance of that.

20 hours ago, Baklap said:

I have a question too.

Stats and colors are separate.  Mutations are not tied together, they disappear as soon as the new color/stat/level appears and the mutation becomes the new permanent color/stat.

As in, you can pass whatever mutated stats you want on to whatever color Rex you want.  It might take a while, but it is 100% possible.  But while you are breeding the "new" Rex with the good stat and not-great-color, you still might get babies that are more of a copy of the good stat/bad color Rex.  That will probably happen a lot.  Keep at it, you will get what you want as long as you are breeding the stat to a Rex who's color you actually like.

The baby of 2 Rexs will take colors from exactly the colors existing on its parents, unless a new mutation occurs and a new color shows up.  The same is true with stats, they will be a mix of the at-birth (and pre-imprint) stats of both parents, matching them unless a new mutation shows up.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:27 PM, xXNoLyfeXx said:

I am gearing up for some boss fights on The Island, and are currently breeding Rexes for stats. However, I’ve noticed what seems like there is a significantly lower chance for mutations in rexes than in other creatures. Both of the mutations slots are fully empty, and all of the rexes come out the same level. I am aware of how to breed, I am just wondering if maybe there is a lower chance for Rex mutations? Any help is appreciated!

Mutations are random bud, sometimes you will breed a line for 4 freakin months with zero mutations, and then sometimes you tame two wild direwolves and their first baby is highlighter-yellow with a +2 melee mutation and 1/20 mutations.  It stinks, but as @Epicas said, just keep on keeping on!  You'll get it.

On 10/13/2018 at 2:33 AM, eESTlane said:

please tell us how you're comparing a 4 day rex breed to a 2 day stego. one is compact, easy to feed and thus go through a lot of egg-popping. the other is clonky, time consuming and a meat sucker. tell me how many rex eggs you pump out compared to "your other dinos" you're referring to. 

I didn't see this stego comparison either hahaha :P

Archived