Giga Base Buff

ScreamingViolet

Does anyone know what a ‘Base Buff’ is?

When I attack a giga it comes up on the screen (see screenshot) and the timer bar quickly runs out and then it disappears. I’ve not been able to find anything out about it online so figured I’d ask here. 

Right now ive got a level 26 giga almost on top of my secondary base, which isn’t walled off and I don’t know what to do. I was going to try and kite it away and lead it into the ocean (it’s up on the coast near carnivore island) but it took out my strongest Argentavis with just one bite. So now I don’t know what to do. I thought maybe I could go to another base and start requesting my tames to there so that the giga can’t kill them all. . . .

HELP!!?

9561C23C-4D21-4541-A1A5-3AA424BA87DA.jpeg

9DCB9DB6-D712-46F3-8F9C-A538196B1D3B.jpeg

Metal dinosaur gates to trap it. Also what are the stats of your argy? My argy with 500 health and a journeyman saddle and it took 3 hits although it was a level 1 giga not level 26. To trap the giga place 3 metal gates with a bear trap. Dont snap the metal gates or it won't fit. Then, stand on the other side and arrow the giga so in runs into the bear trap. Quickly place the 4th gate and trap the giga. Make sure your tames are far away and you dont have many valuables on you.

14 minutes ago, qdzs1 said:

Metal dinosaur gates to trap it. Also what are the stats of your argy? My argy with 500 health and a journeyman saddle and it took 3 hits although it was a level 1 giga not level 26. To trap the giga place 3 metal gates with a bear trap. Dont snap the metal gates or it won't fit. Then, stand on the other side and arrow the giga so in runs into the bear trap. Quickly place the 4th gate and trap the giga. Make sure your tames are far away and you dont have many valuables on you.

87A0E810-565F-48E7-A720-3EE4A829A235.thumb.jpeg.0a118be2e9ba4dc3e3bbdf72d05aa4ed.jpeg

i  thought she had half decent stats, she’s taken down more than one alpha rex. She has 884 health, 237 damage and an ascendant saddle with 110 Armor (it must need repairing in my screenshot). 

Unfortunately there are a few issues that prevent me from trying your plan. 1) I don’t have enough metal for even 1 metal gateway, 2) the giga is right in between my base and the metal and 3) the giga is so close to my tames, he’s literally in whistle range of my tames!

im not too worried about loosing valuables as I’ve got the game saved at a point before the giga became too much of a problem, so if I lose too much I can rewind to that point and try a different strategy. 

Dying to know what the base buff is though. I’ve got a feeling that it effects either the gigas ability to hurt me - like somethings disabling or nullifying the attack of the giga, or it’s strengthening my attack. But really not sure. I wish there was a specific mobile wiki as there are quite a few big differences on mobile with more and more being created.

5 hours ago, qdzs1 said:

Sorry not sure what the base buff is. However, saddles don't need to be repaired ever. Also, where did you find those alpha Rexs? I've only found a few alpha Raptors which I shot or sliced to death, and one alpha carno that my rex steamrolled.

I’ve come across three of them in the area in the southern portion of the area in between the two snowy mountains. Down near the river.

Alright so first off base damage is 1% of your tames hp per second so lets say 835 healt, 8,35dmg per second.

Also a lvl 26 giga is an amimazing tame, you can use stone dino gateways, this is not ark pc tyey do about 20 damage per shot and  gate has 12,5k health..

make yourself about 250 tranks and take 2-3 crossbows.

giga taming is super easy.

Edit: Place dino gates in a sort of \_/ and place traps in middle tyen when it gets stuck close off trap.

4 hours ago, felixswag04 said:

Alright so first off base damage is 1% of your tames hp per second so lets say 835 healt, 8,35dmg per second.

Also a lvl 26 giga is an amimazing tame, you can use stone dino gateways, this is not ark pc tyey do about 20 damage per shot and  gate has 12,5k health..

make yourself about 250 tranks and take 2-3 crossbows.

giga taming is super easy.

Edit: Place dino gates in a sort of \_/ and place traps in middle tyen when it gets stuck close off trap.

Considering it takes just one hit for this guy to kill my best flyer im not so sure I’d be able to get him into a trap, but I guess it’s worth a try as I can always rewind as I’m playing solo. I’ve seen it done on YouTube but I’ve never tried using a  trap to tame anything.

im still not understanding how this “base buff” works.

whilst the timer (which looks similar to the gnashed one when you get hit by an allosaurus) is on the screen it seems like the giga can’t actually hurt me, but the second it’s gone he takes me out in one hit. If I knew how it worked I’d have a better chance of not being killed. 

I have managed to move this bitch of a giga away from my base. Not very far mind you, but at least out of render range. It’s possible that this base buff thing is related to the giga being near my base, but I’m not convinced as the same thing occurred with a different giga that was no where near a base.

ive given up trying to do anything to it. As it’s sitting right near my base between it and the metal sources I’m not even going to attempt to trap it within metal gates. So I’ve flown to my southern base and one by one I’m requesting my tames down to there. It will eventually leave or be killed. 

i simply can not fathom how someone could kill or trap this thing let alone tame the bugger. If it so much as turns in my direction half my mounts health is gone and if the base buff thing runs off (it lasts maybe 20seconds max) we are both dead. Granted it is a level 26, but damn, didn’t expect it to be so hard. Hats off to all those who have achieved it, you’re way better Dino wranglers than I am!!

Up on the north east shore/mountain.

draw a line between volcano and Carno island, my base is on the edge of a cliff and it’s between my base and that mountain.

im afraid that if I went up the mountain for metal it will squish my tames. But I’ve gone to my other base and a, requesting my tames to there. So I can go gather metal elsewhere and then try and return to catch the bugger

7 hours ago, qdzs1 said:

Here's a link to the video where I trap the giga, and the video where i find the giga is the only other one on my channel.

Here's a link to my channel as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGp5Jq93nWnBUuBfYlI1jVA

I can’t believe how easily you were able to kite that thing. I had so much trouble getting the stupid thing to follow me. At one point I tried to get it into the water, similar to how I saw someone drown it on YouTube, but it just wasn’t interested in following me. I think I dosed 4-5 times.

thank you for sharing the video. Now that I’ve got my tames out of the area I feel a lot more comfortable messing with it. Although it’s a bit different I do have a metal training pen set up with multiple platforms on the outside and plenty of doors to shoot through along with a bohemoth gate - although I think I’ll whack a metal gate behind it to keep him in as the gate does take a while to shut and I do not want to risk the thing getting out.

Archived