ark "STORY OF A SURVIVOR"

OScorpionOS

I kinda liked what I saw, but there's room for improvement ;)

Some sequences and the whole movie are too long, try cutting it down to 10 minutes (each part) If you compress the Information people are more likely to watch it to the end. I watched it until the raptor was killed and lost interest, even though the story to that point was nice and easy to understand, and some actions were cool. 

The intro was too long, I almost quit there already. The waterfall transition was very good though. 

The audience doesn't need to see the hurt otter for more than 5 seconds to see what's going on for example. Neither someone picking up more than 3 stones and bushes, or the mood quickly turns from "oh, what's happening?" to "uuuh, I get it, move on with the story".

I don't want to watch the whole building process, it's enough to see the first foundation being laid, and then three- four jumpcuts/fades from a fixed position, preferably while the sun slowly goes down in each shot. Maybe the survivor placing the door as a last step. I understand that you're building something as soon as I see the first structure being laid, to need to lengthen the process when the outcome is the important part. 

Transition to next day via campfire is a good stylistic device and returning actions are quickly recognized and understood. 

I like the Carno chase, although a sane person would have turned around earlier. Otter grabbing when the raptors approach was a good idea and made the situation more intense, because the character hardly carries it on his shoulders while everything is ok. 

The otter's wounds are healing a tad too fast.

Try not to spoiler as much with the chapter's picture.

The voice is on point, actually I would like to hear some more, screaming maybe when the character is in danger.

If you make a shorter version I'll most likely watch it completely.

Hey Weiss, thank you for watching and for your constructive criticism.. Deeply appreciated, however yes I made some boring scenes for you probably a veteran in this game but for new players or even for people who never touched this game will be super confused if I didn't slow it down for them, and I understand the level of attention to detail you're referring to with the otter wounds, but be a bit more realistic it will take 4 hours to film his wounds healing inch by inch, most people will miss it at the end, the intro was a cinematic take to show the setting and the map for said story, 1 mint. of showing the landscape and how big this world is didn't even cut it, and yes some scenes were a tad longer than they could've been, will improve on that for sure thank you!, lastly am sorry you lost interest within that fast but it can't all be action scenes and killing and fighting, and lots of people requested a full movie length of a story for the next one, but I'll try to keep it under 20 mints for this upcoming one, again thank you so much for your awesome words and hopefully u stick around more for the next one. 

I think it was great, and I don't agree with several of Weiss's points.  That being said, it's a movie and everyone will have things they like and things they don't like, it's all about taste so I'm certainly not going to pick at his points.  I did think you rushed it a bit after your character fought the Raptor though.  I would have liked to maybe see a little bit of the taming aspect instead of Bola the Pteri and jump on!  Then before you know it you have a whole farm load of dinos.  Maybe go back and show you knocking out something, spend a little more time showing it unconscious then tamed?  After that you could skip to you bringing everything in.  The way it was done just seemed a bit rushed and confusing.  Loved the part with the Giga and rex's coming and wrecking your base though, holy crap!  And the chase scene with the Rex was a great add!  Nice work!

Hey Melcreif, thank you for your comments and your opinion, I really appreciate it, 

What am seeing is some people want it to be longer and more detailed and some want it 10 mints long.. I came to terms with not bring able to please both sides, I only cut the taming scenes out for the purpose of run time, I used not even 50% of the raw footage I got, I think it was bad time management from My side omitting certain scenes and leaving others, with your feedback I really hope I'll improve on the next one. Again thank you so much for your time and words

Archived