PvE Blocking rivers is now OK?

Midnight_

So I have reported a number of tribes for blocking rivers, cause you're not supposed too....

PvE Specific Griefing
Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvE servers. This can include but is not limited to:
Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access

And the GM's have come in and deleted what ever was blocking......behemoth gates, spike walls.

BUT when it came to this base built on the river they just ignored the ticket. For 2 months. 
33D10D5B3ABF35D0395B031E5DE880D89F461240
(that is the green obi on the Island map in the upper right corner of the pic. The river goes into the base there on the left then bends and run right along the lenght of the base down to the right. They built smack dab along the river completely blocking it. Out of view to the right are like 3 or so rafts that are just hanging out there....cause they can not go further.)

A GM recently responded (within a day of reporting) to a river blockage (a spike wall). So I thanked the GM for the fast response and mentioned this old ticket and that GM recommended I resubmit a new ticket for it.

Within a day couple days on the new ticket I got this response:

Enforcement
Thank you for your report.  As this base is not solely blocking off the river with a gate wall or similar we will not be removing these structures.

So.....it's not OK to block rivers but only if you half-a** it? If your gonna block make it a base and you are ok to grief the server?

I have a BIG problem with that. Cause if you want a taming trap in many areas of the map you need to use a taming raft that you can pilot near where you want to tame because most areas are "claimed" with pillars. But if the rivers are blocked with bases you can not even do that.

So is there REALLY a rule against blocking rivers? Does not seem like it.

That's why I pillared the river from ocean to green. On my legacy server tribes kept building gates through the river and I didn't want that happening again on my new server.

I assume WC didn't remove the base because the river is ending there. Or does the base reach far into the river to the right? If WC doesn't remove you can only wait and hope the tribe becomes inactive. Then pillar the river asap.

Does the river actually go anywhere?  I mean all I see is a water fall.  Are you going to report the waterfall for blocking your progress across the map? 

I am sorry but the picture does not clarify to me that you have anywhere to go even if there was no base there.  Honestly should only report blocking if it is an extreme problem. Like if they took over every river on the entire map I could see then having and issue.  But geez it's just one river.  Can't you go fishing and taming on another river?  Or play single player or a different map or even look for private server where you can wrap the admin around your finger.  Sorry devil's advocate here.  My pet peeve is when caves are blocked but I would never report a player for their big fat base full of dinos.  That is kinda what the game is about.

Yes there is a spino spawn there. That is not a consideration the GM's will every take into account. 
Yes THAT base does not negatively effect MY game at all. It does/has effected many others on the server.

The community on the server asked me to report it, because many of them are upset at the blockage.
My post is not even about THAT base. Just the concept that it is NOT against the rules to block EVERY river in the game with a base. Whether it is one tribe blocking ALL rivers or many tribes collectively blocking ALL rivers in the game. My picture above just clearly shows that THAT base is COMPLETELY blocking the river in CLEAR violation of the stated rules AND the GM will not do anything about it because of a secret unstated exception to the rule. My thoughts are favoritism. especially due to how the ticket was handled (specifically ignored for 2 months - the original ticket is still open/unanswered). 

The reasons the GM gave for not doing anything open up blocking ALL rivers. And THAT is what I have an issue with.

3 hours ago, AdligerAdler said:

That's why I pillared the river from ocean to green. On my legacy server tribes kept building gates through the river and I didn't want that happening again on my new server.

I assume WC didn't remove the base because the river is ending there. Or does the base reach far into the river to the right? If WC doesn't remove you can only wait and hope the tribe becomes inactive. Then pillar the river asap.

Gotta be careful with pillars. 3 tribes on my server were wiped as between all 3 they had like 15% of the map pillared.

My original post stated the reason they did not remove the base. They said it's ok to block rivers if it is a base. They will only remove walls,gates, and similar not bases.

2 hours ago, Baklap said:

Yes, one side of the river leads to the ocean, the other side to a waterfall and the swamp.

I dont see the problem here? Do you want to take your raft from the ocean side through the swamp?

Use your eyes and Read, I didn't say anything about MY raft nor MY problems. I just answered the guy's question.

Interesting you say that. 100% of the offenders on my server have been Chinese. I REALLY don't want this thread to turn into an anti Chinese thing. But the language and cultural difference does make it VERY difficult to coexist. There was a BIG push to get the servers region locked...but WC made it clear that would never happen. How about making it so that the rules are posted in Chinese-- ON THE SERVER when they join so they have to see it and know the rules?

That base blocking the river is a Chinese tribe. I do actually wonder if favoritism is at play here after all this game is owned by a Chinese company. To their credit they did wipe Chinese tribes for pillar spam....but maybe this tribe has connections the others did not....I don't know. 

All I know is that they have refused to enforce their own very clear rule, opening the door to anyone blocking any and ALL rivers and pathways on any and all maps. Just so long as you make a full base to do it.

Archived