Gemini9

The Elusive Quetzal

Before anybody sits here and lists all the places Quetzals spawn, please know that I'm already well aware of their locations.

I am on a private nitrado server on the PS4. A while back, my boyfriend and I decided to reduce the dino count, as walking out of our base guaranteed an incredible lag that frustrated us beyond reason. We did a dino wipe to account for the decrease, and have not seen a Quetzal since.

We have removed several dinos since then, as well as reduced the weights of a couple.

I did spawn one in, as I read somewhere that spawning one in and killing it should reset the spawner. It didn't work.

I have tried increasing the spawn weight of Quetzals (which I sort of knew wouldn't work, but a girl can dream, right?), and I've also modified the Quetzal spawner. I added Pteranodons to it, in the hopes that I COULD increase the weight of the Quetzals. The only thing it managed to do was spawn oodles of Pteranodons.

Now, my spawn coding could be wrong. (I'll put it at the bottom of this post.) I BELIEVE it's supposed to be 3% of the creatures from this particular spawn point should be Pteros. And yet going by the redwoods, we found 10 in one render spot, but not a single Quetzal.

If anyone could help figure out why we can't find any Quetzals, I would really appreciate it.

Spawn Coding:

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesQuetz",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="QuetzalSpawner",EntryWeight=1000.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Quetz_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="QuetzalSpawnerPteranodon",EntryWeight=0.1,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Ptero_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Quetz_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.9),(NPCClassString="Ptero_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.03)))

I had originally had that weight bit in there too, but I seem to have messed it up XD

It did seem to help in reducing the number of Pteranodons spawning front that spawner, but unless I’m chasing after the Quetzal, they still don’t seem to be showing up at all.

I’ve read that there’s a flight path they take. Does anybody know what that might be? I’m on The Island.

I had originally had that weight bit in there too, but I seem to have messed it up xD
It did seem to help in reducing the number of Pteranodons spawning front that spawner, but unless I’m chasing after the Quetzal, they still don’t seem to be showing up at all.
I’ve read that there’s a flight path they take. Does anybody know what that might be? I’m on The Island.
They primarily fly between the obs. Green to red and blue to red seem to be where U see them the most on the island.