Jantiz

Rubber banding

I have been playing on my IPad Pro for probably 6 months now. I have never experienced too much of an issue with game crashing or freezing or otherwise ruining the gaming experience. Crashing once in a while, sure. Needing to restart because I ran somewhere and could no longer move because I was clearly running into someone’s wall I could not see, sure. But fun to play otherwise. I currently play on the Redwoods server. For the last week or so however, the server has begun to rubber band ALL the time. I have stopped going into the lava cave as it is impossible to run through it with the current status of the server. I’ve already lost a good Dire Wolf to the server deciding I did not make the lava jump a whole 5 seconds after on my screen I clearly did.

As I just logged in to play tonight, I can not even move or open doors in my base because the rubber banding is SO damn severe right now. At this moment, Redwoods server is simply unplayable. As you continue to close down low density servers you force players to crowd more and mor into the running servers. If there wasn’t a plan to handle the extra data traffic caused by this, it was a critical failure. There has to be a little more priority placed on the performance (or sad lack there of) of our mobile servers.  I sincerely hope you can do something to correct this issue.  

Hi there - we are continuing to work on optimizations for the game. That being said, we recently released the game in a new region, and that has led to an influx of players to the existing servers. They are actively online, building and taming, and that is much of the reason for the lag players are experiencing. We expect this to settle in the near future, especially with the release of private servers.