Onimusha759

Unlock breeding

@Jatheish @Jen  iv finally bought ur pass and am playing on aberration.  Im enjoying it quite a bit but an old problem is becoming glaringly obvious.  Y r the good dinos unbreedable?  Y r any dinos unbreedable?  The invertebrates arnt exactly op evn after ud breed em.  Griffins, wyverns, drakes, golems, karks, basilisks all cant breed evn tho some of these lay eggs and hv significantly lower number of obtainable points do to no taming process.  Ik the argument that they r to op will come up but its a bs argument.  The mosa and squid wreck the ocean and they r breedable.  The biggest crusher to the argument is the giga tho, its by far the most op dino in the game and its breedable.  The fact the wyverns cnt enter boss arenas kinda makes it fair compared to the giga.  In all logic the only creature in the game that shouldnt b breedable is the reaper due to its unique way of obtaining.  Evn so the xenomorph face hugger (Which is ur inspiration) was capable of laying queen eggs(Alien 3 with its effects bleeding into alien 4).  My point is frankly with the giga being breedable theres an insane amount of pwr available that keeps any of these others from being op rly.  I want to mutate colors on my wyvern, i want to breed my cool dinos.  Breeding takes a lot of effort anyways, so its not lik we dnt hv to earn evry lil bit of progress without insane tediousness lol.

Edited by Onimusha759
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DonaldDuck said:

Creatures that are unbreedable in Ark are usually the ones that are categorized as Mythical Creatures and insects.

But insects aka invertebrates do breed irl tho.  If a mythical creature did exist then it would hav to breed as part of the scientific law of life.  Thats further proven by the fact some of these actually lay eggs showing reproductive organs.  Its further proven by the eggs being furtile and hatched by the player.  The unicorn is also a mythical creature but it can breed.  Regardless of this debate the point theres no reason to unallow it remains.  The giga sets the cap, nothing being breedable cud go over that cap except mayb an odd ball way to breed reapers.  Evn so the reaper is suppose to b the apex of apex, it mite b ok to let it.  Id b willing to sacrifice boss arena use on it 4 it to b able to "breed".

19 hours ago, Gdude45678 said:

Im for breedable insects, wyvs, rock drakes, and maybe griffs, but no on the rock ele breeding, they already got a 50% damage reduction, they dont need another 30% on top (dont know how it would factor in, if it would be 80% or 65%, depends on how they do it)

I cud deal without the elemental but even with its op defende its still within reason to the gigas cap.  Im relatively certain a breed giga cud kill a golem of equal lvl.  Lets not 4get the other dinos can also gain the imprint buffs alrdy.  Since its ok to hv them fight without the buff it b just as fair to put em both with the buff.  U cud also remove the defense buff for golems in general because im not sure if the resistance wud stack or apply 1 after the other.  Imagine a red or blk golem, b awesome.  Idk i feel like everything has a base and we can improve almost any creature beyond its base power.  But the creatures that shud b able to wreck lose their status some because of no breeding.  I feel lik the big boys shud still b allowed to keep their power gap with the wimps.  We also hv to work hrdr to breed these creatures anyways since incubation and maturity times are way bigger.  Just lik hw taming is hrdr so is the breeding, its a fair and balanced concept by this games standards.

11 hours ago, Weiss said:

If you want colors on unbeedeable creatures, go work for them or check out the trading forums. There have been tons available during the last months, it's not even special any more to own them.

No ps+ so no online things available to me, and i play legitimately, i dnt cheat or want a cheated/modded dino.  If the community is alrdy doing this then the community already half agrees with me XD.  I also want specific colorations, red wing blk body male fire wyvern and a blue wing, albino female b nice.  I want colorations fully open to customization legitimately.

Edited by Onimusha759

First of all, fix your grammar, please.

Secondly: I assume the Giganotosaurus is breedable because it already was before the started to make the good stuff unbreedable, like with Wyverns. Those creatures are unbreedable for balance, but you are right that the Giganotosaurus is an oddball here. For invertebrates, I assume it is the same case as fish long ago: they would need different breeding mechanics.

A lot of the invertebrates would need some larvae stage. However, with the Baby Reaper King, they already showed that this is possible in the current game. It will most likely happen after Extinction however, just like a kibble tree rework and the Aberrant/non-aberrant crossbreeding.

On 10/13/2018 at 3:49 AM, Cowboypanda said:

it would be nice if u could breed anything u could tame

I 100% agree with this. It would be nice for PvE. But without seperation of PvP and PvE, sadly not practical or Fair to PvPers.

As a pure PvE Official PC player, I see zero negatives to having every creature both tamable and breedable. So what if I have any of these creatures with 3x natural melee at birth, it harms no other player in PvE.

I am primarily a breeder and builder. The "challenges" of survival are an afterthought to me, and PvP isnt even in my Radar (excpet when my PvE experience is nerfed for the sake of the PvPers, then my thoughts are on PvP and how angry it makes me that it ruins my enjoyment, which I have no doubt some PvPers feel the same way towards us PvEers).

But as long as PvE and PvP is not separated (when it comes to core game data directly affecting creatures), we PvE'ers cannot have such nice things.

But it would be nice imo. I would like to breed my Drake. I mean, look at this!

GREEN!

CZWuvg5.jpg

I am not even gonna take it out of my base because I am afraid it will die to some glitch, then it is lost forever!

What a waste of a pretty color. If only I could have backups.

Friend of mine lost a sentimental old griffin today, another unbreedable creature, lost forever, and no griffin kittens to carry on it's legacy.

22 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

I 100% agree with this. It would be nice for PvE. But without seperation of PvP and PvE, sadly not practical or Fair to PvPers.

As a pure PvE Official PC player, I see zero negatives to having every creature both tamable and breedable. So what if I have any of these creatures with 3x natural melee at birth, it harms no other player in PvE.

I am primarily a breeder and builder. The "challenges" of survival are an afterthought to me, and PvP isnt even in my Radar (excpet when my PvE experience is nerfed for the sake of the PvPers, then my thoughts are on PvP and how angry it makes me that it ruins my enjoyment, which I have no doubt some PvPers feel the same way towards us PvEers).

But as long as PvE and PvP is not separated (when it comes to core game data directly affecting creatures), we PvE'ers cannot have such nice things.

But it would be nice imo. I would like to breed my Drake. I mean, look at this!

GREEN!

CZWuvg5.jpg

I am not even gonna take it out of my base because I am afraid it will die to some glitch, then it is lost forever!

What a waste of a pretty color. If only I could have backups.

Friend of mine lost a sentimental old griffin today, another unbreedable creature, lost forever, and no griffin kittens to carry on it's legacy.

Thats a pretty cool drake lol.

I dnt see y it b negative to pvpers.  Its gona take time to breed any of these things and since boos rexes and theriz already exist i dnt c how it b unfair.  These boos raid creatures r op compared to most things.  The fact a dragon shud b btr thn a rex erks me wen the rex can basically surpass it by breeding.  Apex cretures r supposed 2 kick the snot out of anything in its area.  If it can lose bcus of breeding thn its only fair to let it breed to keep its position.  Plus this hurts progression.  Y wud i get a repear if my rex/spino whoops it?  For pvp all tht wud happen wud b the meta wud switch up a lil and it wud take time to do it.  It wudnt b a hrd shift bcus the breeding process wud take 4evr.  In general ppl will grab the best and make an army of tht creature.  So ppl will juse swap out, meta changes but stays lvl.