Nokim

PVE defence and pvp Alphas fix

I have been playing quite a bit of PVE and enough PVP to realize there are major gaps.

I would like to suggest the introduction of a new species. An armored, acid spitting, X plant resistant,  almost invulnerable to projectile , Termites. But not just any termite, these guys have developed a particular taste for element or metals.

Imagine a world were termites exist,  to kill them fast they must be killed by hand as their armor leaves little room and your X plants and turrets attract them(might be the sulfur/metal used by both. The bigger/ or more advanced your base is, the more often and the larger the swarms you will find of these critters trying to dissolve your base with their acid spit.

These critters are found everywhere, leaving that empty building or lone pillar can result it in becoming goo to their acid over time.

Nobody would be safe, alphas with their massive defenses and massive bases will have to be at constant watch, as the critters might make a hole for some smaller raiding group to come in thru the weakened spots.

PVE players will have to make defenses or risk coming to a half dissolved base.

Having tek bases would attract the Alpha termites.

I believe something like this would give PVE players a reason to make defenses, and clean up pillar/foundation spams left all over the maps. It would give alphas something to worry about and more repair maintenance the bigger they are.

BTW, server transfers should never be allowed. They ruin pvp servers.

• Like 1

Sounds amazing as long dinos dont go into stasis, and they aint gonna get rid of server transfers, possible solution for server transfers, have only 5 maps per group (isl, SE, Ab, center, Rag) and have multiple groups of the same mode (makes it to where you can still get all the tames possible, but small enough to where you dont have to worry about the say 20 mega tribes wiping you down to maybe the alpha of each server wiping you)

14 hours ago, Nokim said:

to kill them fast they must be killed by hand as their armor leaves little room and your X plants and turrets attract them

14 hours ago, Nokim said:

players will have to make defenses or risk coming to a half dissolved base.

Base defense doesn't work, but base defense should be set up?

Soooo I can't leave my base and do anything, because I have to kill termites all day long, as long as I'm online?

Or I have to recruit some slaves who do nothing else than killing termites, and a few slaves for farming mats to repair stuff all the time?

You know pillars are the only "defense" against other players on pve servers? There's nothing worse than a storage tribe building a behemoth wall right next to your own base, so you can't repair stuff or place items in your own base any more (especially tek generators). And they are never online to talk.

I don't need more maintenance, I already have enough time sinks to take care of. We have the occasional wyvern/vulture/bug in our base to "defend" against, that's already a mess every time to put the dinos back in their place.

@gdude

transfers are a plague, the big tribes start where it counts the most. In Ragnarok where they quickly get several wyverns or gryphons. Then they transfer to and dominate any other server were nothing can stand a chance against wyverns.

20 players is too much. conquest servers been up less than a month, but every single one is taken over by 1 alpha tribe, never 2. Ever wonder why?because most if not all are in alliance with each other to stay off each others servers.Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I wouldn't call that pvp.

@weiss

You missed all the key words. I never said"the only way", i said highly resistant  or almost invulnerable to projectiles. meaning considerably reduced damage. But that doesn't stop anybody from killing them by hand or having dino guards such as dilos or raptors or whatever to kill them for you. Of course that would mean your dinos may be left exposed for someone to kill so the termites can do their thing.

Also the devil is in the details. You will notice i did specifically mention they are attracted to metal. Thatch, wood, and stone don't contain any metal to make. So none of those would be a target. The only ones that can afford a large metal base in a pvp environment are typically Alpha tribes. I did however say the termites could be found anywhere, so your stone base in theory may run into some, but the encounter would be rare. Those with metal base would encounters them considerably more.

another option would be to have the termites only interested in Metal/tek buildings/structures.