Rumor about Exctinction requiring Ascension

JPGer

So in the trailer for Exctinction the survivor is seen having and alpha ascension implant, personally i rather like the idea of that requirement, i thought Aberration was gonna have one like that too, i know most people aren't gonna like having content "cut off" from them. But i am genuinly curious as to how it would affect the dynamic of the new map with that requirement. Personally i doubt it would happen though, if it did require ascension less people will buy it and they wont make as much money..so they are very unlikely to do it.

• Volunteer Moderator

They won't restrict access to the map for those that are ascended. I don't think they've actually done this for Scorched or Aberration on single player have they? Only Ragnarok and Center right?

It wouldn't make sense for them to restrict a DLC like that. I suspect it was shown in the trailer because it was just portraying a survivor that had survived the Island and Aberration.

2 hours ago, GP said:

They won't restrict access to the map for those that are ascended. I don't think they've actually done this for Scorched or Aberration on single player have they? Only Ragnarok and Center right?

It wouldn't make sense for them to restrict a DLC like that. I suspect it was shown in the trailer because it was just portraying a survivor that had survived the Island and Aberration.

That we can run alpha boss on Ragnarok as a level 1 character tells me they won’t limit access. But it would be nice. Lol

1 hour ago, ishootpaint said:

Why would they release a DLC that 80% of the playerbase can't play on release. Doesn't seem like it would sell too great.

I often wonder where some of these painfully illogical rumors come from....

this rumor came from the survivor in the trailer having an ascended alpha implant, and people thought it might signal a requirement, but as someone else pointed out it was probably just to signify the survivor was high lvl, the way the acutally story of the ARK game goes ur supposed to go to SE after ascending from Island, and from SE to aberration, so the story path would have a survivor on earth having defeated rockwell

2 hours ago, JPGer said:

this rumor came from the survivor in the trailer having an ascended alpha implant, and people thought it might signal a requirement, but as someone else pointed out it was probably just to signify the survivor was high lvl, the way the acutally story of the ARK game goes ur supposed to go to SE after ascending from Island, and from SE to aberration, so the story path would have a survivor on earth having defeated Rockwell

In the progression of the game you are right. there is no way they will lock out a large portion of people from playing the new content. Might see the alpha boss needing higher then 115 level

3 minutes ago, stevealicious said:

Even if the alpha boss requires 115 or above it'll likely just be for the summoner and not every other player. As is the case with every other summoning already in game. 

I have heard that, but i have been left behind on alpha manticore summon cause i wasn't lvl req, the person doing it wasn't a tribe member though, do u all need to be in tribe for the summoner lvl to work?

21 hours ago, GP said:

AFAIK, they only did this for Ragnarok on one of the console (Requiring a Beta-ascended implant)

On 10/11/2018 at 3:20 PM, JPGer said:

this rumor came from the survivor in the trailer having an ascended alpha implant, and people thought it might signal a requirement, but as someone else pointed out it was probably just to signify the survivor was high lvl, the way the acutally story of the ARK game goes ur supposed to go to SE after ascending from Island, and from SE to aberration, so the story path would have a survivor on earth having defeated rockwell

Still waiting on SE to AB

• 3 weeks later...

Right now on PS4, as far as I can tell, Ascending after beating Rockwell on any difficulty currently results in your ascending character as well as ALL of your uploaded characters being deleted along with any notes/skins you have unlocked. So I hope defeating Rockwell is not a requirement for accessing Extinction because it would be impossible right now. Unless maybe (please god...) there is a fix for the issue coming with the DLC?

fingers crossed...

15 hours ago, UriahHeep said:

Right now on PS4, as far as I can tell, Ascending after beating Rockwell on any difficulty currently results in your ascending character as well as ALL of your uploaded characters being deleted along with any notes/skins you have unlocked. So I hope defeating Rockwell is not a requirement for accessing Extinction because it would be impossible right now. Unless maybe (please god...) there is a fix for the issue coming with the DLC?

fingers crossed...

Are you sure that you didn't check other maps and see if your character can be accessed from there? Usually characters uploaded with items inside will "appear deleted", but is not; just can't be brought inside.

8 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Are you sure that you didn't check other maps and see if your character can be accessed from there? Usually characters uploaded with items inside will "appear deleted", but is not; just can't be brought inside.

Quite certain i tried that when i beat the overseer the first time and it didnt work either. But maybe its worth testing again after beating Aberration. I’ll try it and post the results.

Has this happened to you before and you were able to retrieve your ascended character? If so what was the exact methid you used?

9 minutes ago, UriahHeep said:

Quite certain i tried that when i beat the overseer the first time and it didnt work either. But maybe its worth testing again after beating Aberration. I’ll try it and post the results.

Has this happened to you before and you were able to retrieve your ascended character? If so what was the exact methid you used?

It did happened to me before, but thats at the time when Item transfer were disabled in official. I just go to another server with item transfer on, drop my item there, and then head back to the server where I ascended.

On 10/11/2018 at 4:03 PM, JPGer said:

So in the trailer for Exctinction the survivor is seen having and alpha ascension implant, personally i rather like the idea of that requirement, i thought Aberration was gonna have one like that too, i know most people aren't gonna like having content "cut off" from them. But i am genuinly curious as to how it would affect the dynamic of the new map with that requirement. Personally i doubt it would happen though, if it did require ascension less people will buy it and they wont make as much money..so they are very unlikely to do it.

May I remind you that the character in the aberration trailer also had a ascendant implant? 

Archived