Time to say good bye.

Guest chancho33015

Guest chancho33015

Well, it all started 9k hours ago. I started like everyone else with a 2x2 thatch hut near the red obelisk on the island. I created a tribe, then tamed my first dodo, and finally 9k hours later did everything. I was from the beginning of ark when the Raptor was the best mount ever.

I remember taming my first Griff on ragnarok using a raptor and then chasing the darned thing all over the map. I remember joining aberration and having many great adventures like saving my drake from the clutches of hell via flying with just wing suit. I remember my little base on center I had in secret to scape from my tribe. I know is kinda mess up but I needed my alone time, ok!

Now I will leave ark on the map that started it all. The island.

It has been a fun 2 years + in this game and perhaps now I will miss the next DLC...but I think when is over...is over.

I know there is a lot of great people here. I wish you guys the best!

But is time for Orion to leave for a new adventure.

You guys keep it real.

I will not miss you official lol

Now I will be able to sleep...and not wake up early for imprints...thank you jesus...take me home lol

May the odds be in your favor.

Maybe it's the country roads, lol?

I'm also keen for 76 but to be completely honest I think it will be good and all, it wont deliver as immersive as an alternate world experience as Ark. 

I too am "quiting" Ark. When 76 gets released on beta. For about 3-9 months depending on how good it is. But as for an alternate world, Ark does it best and if they fix the bugs and network problems for console, I will definitely be coming back. 

Guest chancho33015
2 hours ago, Jacira said:

What made you quit?

Well, i think i am quitting in official servers. This is not the first time i quit Ark. First time after quitting took me 6 months to get back to ark.

I don't want to say is because of my moral ideals but in part it is. 

I tweeted the only Ark guy who is honest Zen and I asked him if there is any chance of any new Official Mod to become part of the official game and he said, "this mods have a chance of becoming official on ark but we dont do this mods to be part of the official gameplay". That answered bother me as Ark just simply ignores the fact that their are things that can greatly improve the game but for some reason they do not. Maybe this is a conspiracy theory but i believe they do not because that forces people to pay for nitrado servers...but that is my theory. I got no evidence about that.

Also, the grind burns people out. 

To what point is having to seat for 18 hours to feed a baby ok?! I mean, I think they don't lowered the grind because that forces people to play the game...and I honestly dont like a game to control my life. Also, the reward system is freaking lame! 

You kill a boss, get nothing but element and a darn flag... that is some !@#$ S$%^

I have been trying to hold on to see the next installment of ark "Extinction" but honestly if aberration came with this many problems there is no chance in hell Extinction will be any much better.

Also, what happen to some people who got banned bother me SO DARN MUCH... i dont know if you know the story but you can look it up on youtube. They recorded the GM conversation and his answers just made me realize that ark bans just because they are too lazy to fix the issues. To the point that they ban even without  following their own darn rules of their own code of conduct.

It is pretty sad to see this and just do nothing.

And is not like I haven't been punished my self by ark. On my own Forum i have been given warning when i disagree with them...and they say is cause i used bad language...which i have never. But they have locked my account before for months. While not following their own code of conduct. 

I guess in the end is all the problems that come with being part of a game that just is not willing to improve due to the fact that they want to put less hours to save more money to their personal pockets.

It is what it is and things will never change...

Keep in mind this are the issues that they have never been able to fix since day one of the game:

1.Pillar problem

2. Dupping.

3. Forced crashes

4. Glitching through walls (enemy or own)

5. not being able to build in some areas even though they are intended to be built on. 

6. unbalanced game on pvp and pve.

7. Kibble tree was never fixed (even though they promised to re work the kibble tree to not force players to own 500 usless dinos).

8. Tek generators arent any much better or economical than gas generator. (if you account for the fact that if you put the tek generator on its lowest range is 1 element for 18 hours with only of a radius of 4x4 foundations of distance) .

9. Ark story is delivered terrible! ( this one is more my opinion but as a film major who ever decided to tell the story in random "notes" across the map should be fire. Also, there are even some grammatical errors in some of them). Like for realz lol

10. Ark is intended to be play as a community but the tribe alliance system is crapola . You can't share, you can't send a message ingame (not talking about ally chat).

you cant directly have an option to allow allies to open or close things. All ally does is being able to see your buddy in blue, share troughs, and cables). 

11. Developers will ban you on Twitter if you ask them tough questions. (happen to me with one of them) - Again, i have never used terrible or bad language. I write just like this...all the darn time!

12. 1 year of practically no EVENT (like they used to when it was in beta stage of development).

I mean, i can go on and on why i decided to quit...but i think this is pretty much it. 

The grind, the glitches, and the bad management of development combine is what people pay for when they buy this game...included my self. Its just not worth it in official. 

Not to mention what happen when they promised to keep legacy servers and fix them...but they never kept that promised either. They just stright up started them to sabotage them to force people to move. I mean, they could of just being honest and tell all players that they were going to close them to open the game in official. However, the fact that they decided to LIE and then tried to sabotage the players  to force them to move was the most immature thing i have seen in my entire life.

If stuff like these doesn't help you see what is going to come on the NEW DLC...they we all must be blind. And i have finally opened my eyes!  

Fair play. The only thing keeping me here is the community I host if not I’d have quit last summer - I had enough back then but soldiered through for them.

Make a note of the current patch notes version just in case you decide to come back so you can check through for any improvements that may sway your return. All the best.

Guest chancho33015
1 hour ago, Jacira said:

I agree with a lot of the things you say.

As for feeding babies. Just set a macro to feed them while you sleep.

apparently that is against their code of conduct, so be careful. had a friend ban on that note!

Guest chancho33015
4 minutes ago, Demerus said:

what kind of program was it? Razor synapse ?

nah, it was one of those cheap free clickers that you google. 

10 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

10. Ark is intended to be play as a community but the tribe alliance system is crapola . You can't share, you can't send a message ingame (not talking about ally chat).

This.. all over this... and now even you can't even risk sharing space with your allies because if you do they will assume that you are using multiple accounts to get past tribe tame limit and wipe all the tribes in the base.  DILO is the point of sharing troughs then?  or better sharing egger dinos.  no each allied tribe will have to have their own in the own building, no sharing!

Good Luck! TBH my tribemate is often times the only thing that keeps me here.

This.. all over this... and now even you can't even risk sharing space with your allies because if you do they will assume that you are using multiple accounts to get past tribe tame limit and wipe all the tribes in the base.  DILO is the point of sharing troughs then?  or better sharing egger dinos.  no each allied tribe will have to have their own in the own building, no sharing!
I made a post a while back asking for an explanation about tribe tame limits and making two accounts. I was told that if you genuinely need two tribes to house all of your dinos. Then it's fine.

Guest chancho33015
36 minutes ago, Jacira said:

It is not. They cannot ban you for using tools that you obtained through your mouse or keyboard software legitimately.

I would say that whatever program your friend downloaded was flagged by them as a cheating program.

This is straight from their code of conduct!

Hacking - examples are not limited to but can include using third-party programs such as in-game automated bots, ESP, Aimbots, and Game Engine Modifications.

So if you were to download "auto clicker" even in its simplest version ...that would be considered an unfair advantage.  

It is not part of the game, not part of windows, and definitely and advantage over other players in terms of allowing your  self to not play while the PC does everything...weather is breeding or narking someone for days without having to play.

So yes. Using any third party extension to avoid playing the game would be considered to WC an offence. 

• Volunteer Moderator

Software macros won't get you banned and they have stated it multiple times. I've personally been using home-made AHK scripts forever and never had any issues. If your friend was globally banned (his SteamID added to the banlist.txt); he broke the Code of Conduct unrelated to his macros and was manually banned. If he was flagged by Battleye; then he used a program that was either flagged and confirmed as being a cheat program or was detected as being sigscanning/detouring/dyncalling memory of his game process.

4 hours ago, Jacira said:
4 hours ago, arathein said:

I made a post a while back asking for an explanation about tribe tame limits and making two accounts. I was told that if you genuinely need two tribes to house all of your dinos. Then it's fine.

See below.  I have no doubt they told you that at the time, as then they get more $ for the additional account.  But as we have seen with other things with CoC, things that were perfectly OK before get added to the list not matter what they had previously said.

CoC.jpg

3 hours ago, arathein said:

See below.  I have no doubt they told you that at the time, as then they get more $ for the additional account.  But as we have seen with other things with CoC, things that were perfectly OK before get added to the list not matter what they had previously said.

CoC.jpg

I bought the second account a long time ago but it was never to make a second tribe. Regardless of what the rules say I personally feel (with a server dino cap and a personal tribe limit) that these limits exist for a reason and so to make another tribe just to horde useless crap would be both selfish and stupid. Selfish for obvious reasons and stupid because the thing I love most about Ark is playing with other people, it is why I play official. So the more of the server dino cap I take for myself the less other people have to play.

Plus I play solo too so that's also why I stick to the tribe limit.

I asked the question long ago in reference to other people on my server that do it and it wouldn't be hard for any of them to say it's a friend's tribe sharing the same base etc. Which is allowed.

Guest chancho33015

well, i am trying to see if they answer on twitter...lets see what they say lol 

My friend didnt get ban for other programs for sure...he only had that one. i had it for a time too...until...well...he got in trouble...then i was like...nop...DELETE lol

Lets see what they say on twitter. i will posted here.

I am curious to see what they say...

11 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Software macros won't get you banned and they have stated it multiple times. I've personally been using home-made AHK scripts forever and never had any issues. 

do you have a source for this? and has it been mentioned since the new CoC went live because it is relatively new.

I have avoided using my built in macro function on my Razor mouse because to my understanding it falls into the third party programs category.  It would be mainly just to do a sequence macro for spam all stop when breeding, spam clicking for ankylo to avoid carpal tunnel, auto feeding a new baby if I need to take a crap/go afk in emergency, etc) just basic quality of life things 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Demerus said:

do you have a source for this? and has it been mentioned since the new CoC went live because it is relatively new.

I have avoided using my built in macro function on my Razor mouse because to my understanding it falls into the third party programs category.  It would be mainly just to do a sequence macro for spam all stop when breeding, spam clicking for ankylo to avoid carpal tunnel, auto feeding a new baby if I need to take a crap/go afk in emergency, etc) just basic quality of life things 

They didn't address the subject for quite some time based on https://arkdevtracker.com/ searches but you can find a lot of threads where they publicly stated that they are not bannable. For example:

wepHtPD.pngwepHtPD.png

I've been, and know dozens of players that are, using auto clicking and U spammer macros and never had nor hear anyone have any issues.

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

They didn't address the subject for quite some time based on https://arkdevtracker.com/ searches but you can find a lot of threads where they publicly stated that they are not bannable. For example:

wepHtPD.pngwepHtPD.png

I've been, and know dozens of players that are, using auto clicking and U spammer macros and never had nor hear anyone have any issues.

Well they might want to add that to the CoC then because it is not very clear.

thank you for your clarification.

17 hours ago, Jacira said:

I bought the second account a long time ago but it was never to make a second tribe. Regardless of what the rules say I personally feel (with a server dino cap and a personal tribe limit) that these limits exist for a reason and so to make another tribe just to horde useless crap would be both selfish and stupid. Selfish for obvious reasons and stupid because the thing I love most about Ark is playing with other people, it is why I play official. So the more of the server dino cap I take for myself the less other people have to play.

Plus I play solo too so that's also why I stick to the tribe limit.

I asked the question long ago in reference to other people on my server that do it and it wouldn't be hard for any of them to say it's a friend's tribe sharing the same base etc. Which is allowed.

The problem is enforcement won't ask, they just wipe.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived