Issues with Populating Ded Servers, Solution? Thread for Nitrado owners.

Hello, I decided to make this thread to address an issue with Nitrado dedicated servers. Population is usually an issue since players are usually server hopping trying to find a server that is worth it. Players want servers that do not wipe often, with good gathering rates and balanced gameplay, of course with other players (nobody likes a dead server).

So, having said that this is my question for anyone that owns a Nitrado server out there. Is it possible that we create an unofficial cluster with let's say 10 or more maps. Each of this maps can be owned by different people and the player cap can vary. However, Each map will have the same settings, the owner can serve as the admin from that map and ''Patrol'' for no undermeshing or to just provide help.

Again, this is just an idea and would love to hear the thoughts of anyone out there that like me is struggling to populate a server. 

Is this a viable idea? Can it be done? are people willing for this to be done? 

I own a Nitrado of 32 Players but won't mention the name etc since this is not to Advertise my server but to explore into something new that can be done. 

2 hours ago, miaClutched said:

are you looking for the people hosting servers in the cluster to have a minimum amount of servers/players? pve/pvp? estimated rates? 

We are working on a PvP cluster, is not necessary to have lots of players on your own server. The point is to join and grow as we add to the cluster. Every server with same stats/rates/levels etc

3 hours ago, SkepticXIII said:

We are working on a PvP cluster, is not necessary to have lots of players on your own server. The point is to join and grow as we add to the cluster. Every server with same stats/rates/levels etc

Best way to achieve that would be to convert all of your servers to run on expert mode, then copy and paste both the gamusersettings.ini and game.ini across the cluster.

By switching on expert mode, it will convert all your current settings into the correct format, leaving just the general and command line settings for editing.

11 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Best way to achieve that would be to convert all of your servers to run on expert mode, then copy and paste both the gamusersettings.ini and game.ini across the cluster.

By switching on expert mode, it will convert all your current settings into the correct format, leaving just the general and command line settings for editing.

Totally, that's what we are doing. Let's hope we get something good going on.

Archived