Uploading Painting to Canvas Kicks From Server

Nessy89

Hello all! I love to upload photos to canvas on my base, but as of lately every time I try It kicks me from server halfway through the painting. Any idea why? I just made a new template this morning so it's def not corrupted.

20181010112836_1.jpg

Edit: PC Specs: i7-8700k, 16GB DDR4-4000, GTX 1080 Ti (before someone blames my pc ?)

1 hour ago, Nessy89 said:

Hello all! I love to upload photos to canvas on my base, but as of lately every time I try It kicks me from server halfway through the painting. Any idea why? I just made a new template this morning so it's def not corrupted.

20181010112836_1.jpg

Edit: PC Specs: i7-8700k, 16GB DDR4-4000, GTX 1080 Ti (before someone blames my pc ?)

My tribe has been having the same issue. I've tried painting basic af templates, having diff members of my tribe upload then paint, and they all disconnect.

Everyone having this problem should fill out a bug report here so it can get fixed in the next couple of months.

Is anyone *able* to upload a template and paint on a canvas? 

9 hours ago, FeyGriffin said:

I first encountered this over a month ago, even with simple 2 colour canvases (vault labels) - bug report filed but it's only been viewed once & there's been no response ?

My own bug report was also looked at once since the original posting on September 27th. I still haven't even received an acknowledgement of the problem from support. 

I get that the team is busy with much more critical problems like undermeshing but it only takes 10 seconds to type out then copy paste a generic "Thank you for submitting a bug report. We take game bugs very seriously and are looking into a fix of the problem" response.

I'll attempt to find the reason for the disconnect and then a possible workaround. I'll post whatever I find here.

Update 1: So far I have been able to paint simple test paintings on the canvas in black, red, blue, and green dye colors. I am able to save and repaint the test painting on other canvases. Next I'll try adding more complex colors one at a time until I disconnect.

If all the colors are able to be painted, saved, then uploaded again then I'll try increasing the amount of paint used. Maybe it's too much information being sent to the server at once?

In any case, I'll keep updating this thread with what I find.

Archived